4.9.6. Beta II

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: 4.9.6. Beta II

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

That was a general example of messed up behavior which is very similar to what you often do.

My messed up behavior which I often do... Ok.
Although it's honestly quite depressing that I occasionally get this kind of statements on the Bk forum, while I am NEVER treated the same way at any other mod forums.. for CoH2 as an example.
Maybe it's just a bad luck though. But I will just get over it anyway!
"For our comfort"? How exactely? we make beta3 - bug reports will come, we'll need to fix them. We make official release, bug reports will come, we'll need to fix them. It makes absolutely no difference if the fixed stuff gets released as "4.9.6. beta 3" or "4.9.6" or "4.9.7" it is just another release of the same stuff.

I think it makes difference, a beta isn't official... So it's rather fine if it would have some errors. But if such errors which could have been easily avoided were found on the official release, then it would be a shame.. specifically after all this time waiting!
For example, when u released the 2nd beta.. the grey colors were still there. A similar thing could happen with the official release... How would u feel about it then?
Not relevant who replies to whom or not. Point was that you ask me, if I say "yes" you're happy. If I say "no", you go to other people to try to get your "yes" and thus bypass me. Why don't you go to Wolf right away if you don't settle with the answer I give you?

You said Pzblitz is "probably" blocking me, and I already responded that one... And about Wolf; he just replied over there.. while I wonder about your intentions of bringing this up in the first place, but I wasn't seeking your "yes" about it. in fact, I was pretty sure there isn't going to be a 3rd beta since the beginning.. that's why I managed to ask u.
As I only wanted to get a confirmation for my expectations! However, I guess I just clearly settled my opinion to the public. As I also requested for a 3rd beta... Based on the previous experience with 4.9.0 which I believe was quite terrible.
And I guess I have achieved some of my goals already! As I have at least pointed out how you shouldn't risk the final release.
Or become reckless enough to officially release a non-tested version. Just because u apparently "hate" to take my opinion into consideration!
Now if any serious bugs were discovered upon the official release... People are going to remember this dialogue very well.

Have we ever said there will be no further patches or why do you sound so surprised?

No, look; I wanted to say this for a long time now...
Even if u announce for an upcoming patch. I am afraid less, and less beta-testers would be available... Generally less people would be interested.. people just don't have any further patience anymore. This is probably going to be your last patch, actually. At least.. most likely, even I wouldn't be here anymore.

So as Wolf said - there won't be another beta. If there are problems, we'll fix them in another patch.

But well, good luck with that though.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Tiger1996 wrote:For example, when u released the 2nd beta.. the grey colors were still there. A similar thing could happen with the official release... How would u feel about it then?
I would be fine with it, it is not game-breaking, nor balance-breaking. It is just colors.
Tiger1996 wrote: but I wasn't seeking your "yes" about it. in fact, I was pretty sure there isn't going to be a 3rd beta since the beginning.. that's why I managed to ask u.
As I only wanted to get a confirmation for my expectations!
OK...so you expected there would be no 3rd beta...and because of that you sent me:
Tiger1996 wrote: -May I know if there would be a 3rd beta first or a final release straight away? I would say it's risky if you would go for a final release without a 3rd beta first.. u know, bugs come out of nowhere! Everything need to be tested very well before it becomes official.
I said there would be no more beta versions. You replied:
Tiger1996 wrote:Well, I understand your point here... But this can be quite risky in my humble opinion.. if there are any serious bugs discovered upon the official release; people wouldn't be happy with that either!
Remember what happened with v4.9.0 >>> 4.9.1 and 4.9.2 ? It was such a terrible experience to be honest.

So, I would seriously suggest to release just a quick 3rd beta, or more like a copy of the final release.. at least just 6 hours before it's officially announced.
I said "no" again and you come here and write
Tiger1996 wrote:A final release straight away, without first having a quick 3rd beta.. can be quite too risky... There i have said it.
Do you remember what happened with v4.9.3 or not? For those who don't remember; 4.9.3 was officially supposed to be released as 4.9.0 but then the mistake was big enough that we had both 4.9.1 and 4.9.2 as failures; then finally v4.9.3 at the end! It was a terrible experience to be honest.

Please consider a 3rd beta before the official release...
That is pretty persistent pushing of 3rd beta, considering that you "just wanted confirmation that there won't be any 3rd beta".
Even if u announce for an upcoming patch. I am afraid less, and less beta-testers would be available... Generally less people would be interested.. people just don't have any further patience anymore.
When we'll keep postponing official release and release betas instead (which, once again, people DON'T play) how will that help their patience?
As always, we're running in circle again. I said what I wanted so this is my last comment to you.

Krieger Blitzer

I would be fine with it, it is not game-breaking, nor balance-breaking. It is just colors.

I said "something similar to it", as I didn't mean the grey colors in particular... As I was only referring that bugs simply come out of nowhere.. they can be either serious or hopefully just minor. It's impossible to predict! I guess you know that very well, even more than I do.. since you are a qualified developer.
When we'll keep postponing official release and release betas instead (which, once again, people DON'T play) how will that help their patience?

But how about a bugged version after all this time waiting? This can be worse I am afraid.
As always, we're running in circle again. I said what I wanted so this is my last comment to you.

Yes man, I also think there is no need to take this dialogue any further.. what has been said is more than enough... People see and read everything.

I really wish you the best of luck with the next patch! Just beware of bugs.. that's my primary message here... Mainly that's ALL I wanted to point out. Hope I am not misunderstood!

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:I would be fine with it, it is not game-breaking, nor balance-breaking. It is just colors.

I must disagree, this bug is very annoying and makes using team colours impossible. I hope you are not serious about not fixing such a trivial bug... especially that I think Jalis already told you why it is like that :/. Also it was you guys who broke it... so it' strange to see that you don' mind it now ://.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

JimQwilleran wrote:
MarKr wrote:especially that I think Jalis already told you why it is like that :/. Also it was you guys who broke it... so it' strange to see that you don' mind it now ://.

Yes and the solution is? i want to know, because i don't think Jalis is a SCAR/AI coder to give such solution, we are on it and it will be fixed, we fixed the white ring team color of the WH barrack who appears from time to time, by fixing this barrack texture we bumped into another new problem, this team grey color bug, we are trying to still get rid of that white barrack texture and get the team colors "GREAT AGAIN" :lol:

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

I agree, please don't release the patch until team color is fixed. Can't live without that.
Otherwise I agree with Mark, betas have very limited use due to the small size of player base. Thus 2 versions of the mod at the same time doesn't work.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Tiger, bro, do u even pay for something in this mod? Do u pay for developers for their work? Why do u require so much from developers of free mod?..
I really hope that developers don't stop to support this mod, coz I still play it against AI and regullary came to this forum for new patches

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

JimQwilleran wrote:I must disagree, this bug is very annoying and makes using team colours impossible. I hope you are not serious about not fixing such a trivial bug... especially that I think Jalis already told you why it is like that :/. Also it was you guys who broke it... so it' strange to see that you don' mind it now ://.
I don't know if you read the whole posts...Tiger said "What if...?" (setting up hypothetical situation) and I said "I wouldn't MIND" - responding to that hypothetical situation in the sense that IF that happened, I wouldn't be pulling hair from my head over such a "horrible" bug because despite what you say some people have played without team colors for years and it worked too so it is just question of prefference or what is each player used to and thus, as I said, not balance or game breaking.
Devilfish wrote:I agree, please don't release the patch until team color is fixed. Can't live without that.
Have you tried living without oxigen? Try that, compare it to team colors, give one more thought to that sentence and tell me if you changed your mind :D :D :D
Yes, it is a bug, we know how to fix and it will be fixed for the next release ;)

Krieger Blitzer

crazzy501 wrote:Tiger, bro, do u even pay for something in this mod? Do u pay for developers for their work? Why do u require so much from developers of free mod?..
I really hope that developers don't stop to support this mod, coz I still play it against AI and regullary came to this forum for new patches

Hmm, looks like it's your first post here... Welcome then!

This statement by MarKr:-
As people like to call for "community decisions" I would say there is also a "community responsibility".

Actually was pretty correct!

However, at least from my side... I am honestly never late to fulfill my own responsibilities.. further more; I don't think I am demanding much at all... Everything I request is absolutely legal and justified, as it's just that I am worried about the next patch.. and sincerely enough, I am deeply concerned to have a bug-free official/final release.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Tiger1996 wrote:I am deeply concerned to have a bug-free official/final release.

We are on the same page then, we are working everyday for it, and it will kick butts!

Krieger Blitzer

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:I am deeply concerned to have a bug-free official/final release.

We are on the same page then, we are working everyday for it, and it will kick butts!

I don't doubt your passion for the mod, so.. good luck to all of you once again and thanks for your efforts!
Everyone is looking forward to the new patch... :)

adam-ze-shooter

Post by adam-ze-shooter »

Hi guys!!

Hey, just a quick question about (D-DAY JUNE 1944 & AFRIKA 43 Historical Add-on) I heard that he's not going to be working on it anymore?!
Is this true or do any of you know if that is after you guys release 4.9.7? Because the historical add-on is only in beta 2 as well.

I absolutely love playing with the add-on and it would be such a shame if he's stopped working on it and there won't be a final release for 4.9.7 patch :cry:

Krieger Blitzer

Yes; he finished the development! This means there will be no Pacific theater or any new implementations for Afrika, however.. as far as I am concerned.. he clearly announced that the add-on will be still made compatible with further BK updates...
Reference:-
http://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-ad ... d#imagebox

KingPaperTiger

Post by KingPaperTiger »

It is great to see so many helpful people that still working on this mod.
Thanks! BK makes Coh great again.
Me and friends are playing the last beta version right now and We appreciate the work. Many thanks.

Then, i make few tips/questions.
-"AI will have more resources at all difficulties so should be a bit harder to play against". That's good, if you can try to make AI more careful with tanks; that can increase level so much ;)
-CW dont have a "tank ace". I mean: US Army have the Super Piercing, maybe CW can have a Black Prince or something else. Comet is good and fast but not the same thing.
-...and what about "BlitzKrieg Eastern front"? I mean: never think about a Soviet faction with Allies?
Steam: KingPaperTiger

In modern war there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.
-Ernest Hemingway

adam-ze-shooter

KingPaperTiger wrote:It is great to see so many helpful people that still working on this mod.
Me and friends are playing the last beta version right now and We appreciate the work. Many thanks.

-"AI will have more resources at all difficulties so should be a bit harder to play against". That's good, if you can try to make AI more careful with tanks; that can increase level so much ;)
-CW dont have a "tank ace". I mean: US Army have the Super Piercing, maybe CW can have a Black Prince or something else. Comet is good and fast but not the same thing.
-...and what about "BlitzKrieg Eastern front"? I mean: never think about a Soviet faction with Allies?

Would love to play against Soviet faction. Eastern Front bk mod would be awesome.

KingPaperTiger

Post by KingPaperTiger »

adam-ze-shooter wrote:
KingPaperTiger wrote:It is great to see so many helpful people that still working on this mod.

Would love to play against Soviet faction. Eastern Front bk mod would be awesome.

Then i stop play Coh2 8-)
Seriously, it would be nice to have the Soviet faction, with all its folklore doctrines, its roug tanks and numerous infantry.
Steam: KingPaperTiger

In modern war there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.
-Ernest Hemingway

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hi KingPaperTiger, the extra resources that were announced here will be removed again because it just caused problems with the balance and maybe also performance issues.
Yes, CW have no Ace but they don't really need one. CW already have command tank which provides good bonuses to all tanks around + you can still use Tank commanders. Also "ace" doesn't really mean "unique" tank. Ace tanks are more or less same as non-ace versions but they have usually beter accuracy stats and more HP and come with a tank commander, sometimes they have an extra ability. So there is no need to implement black prince in the game when in the BK standards we can make and Ace Firefly or Comet :)
And unfortunately we do not plan on adding Soviet army into the mod. That would require implementing of tons of new models, skins, abilities, making up three doctrines and balancing them against the existing Axis doctrines...such a project would take years to pull off.

VinnySOB

Post by VinnySOB »

There is the crocodile ace for Royal Engineers. It's pretty bad ass!

Krieger Blitzer

Kinda excited to hear that the new patch will be released probably in few hours... Or finally "soon" according to the Bk launcher!
Even though I sincerely wished if we could hopefully finish the Map-Pack to be available the exact same time as soon as the next patch. But unluckily enough; the situation has really enforced itself, as that postponing it for later.. has actually became absolutely unavoidable :/

Can't wait for the next release though :)

VinnySOB

Post by VinnySOB »

Tiger1996 wrote:Kinda excited to hear that the new patch will be released probably in few hours... Or finally "soon" according to the Bk launcher!
Even though I sincerely wished if we could hopefully finish the Map-Pack to be available the exact same time as soon as the next patch. But unluckily enough; the situation has really enforced itself, as that postponing it for later.. has actually became absolutely unavoidable :/

No map pack with 4.9.6? Damn! I was really looking forward to that most of all. Glad to hear the AI has been corrected though. Hell yes! Either way, I am super excited for the patch.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Tiger1996 wrote:Kinda excited to hear that the new patch will be released probably in few hours... Or finally "soon" according to the Bk launcher!

What exactly is with the mappack? I kind of only wanted to sum up maps that players wanted to be included and that maps would be properly credited.

Krieger Blitzer

VinnySOB wrote:No map pack with 4.9.6? Damn!

Just a clarification; there will be a map-pack with 4.9.6 for sure, but ya.. just not released together with the patch unfortunately.
But it's later going to follow... Of course! ;)

@Wolf;
No worries... It's ready soon ^^

adam-ze-shooter

Sooooo is it confirmed the patch will be released today? Basically I'm excited as hell :lol:

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Looking forward to the next patch (mostly the maps)

But I got a question. Why is the ab hellcat is limited to 1? I never seen ab even use this tank....
and the white phosphorus price increased by 5 and cd by 10? I dont even know if the stun works, I usually just get killed right after it supposedly stuns the target.

But dont worry I will never complain about ab since I never use them or have problems facing them. And m10 are there for me anyways.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Krieger Blitzer

REEEEEEEED! :D
The way how you sometimes laugh when I am with u on TS makes me remembering your voice for the eternity... :mrgreen:

Ehm, I think the Hellcat limit was a smart move.. actually :P I generally like all changes.
What I am mostly worried about; are bugs.