New Panzer IV Ausf. H historical skin

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Panzerblitz1
Team Member

New Panzer IV Ausf. H historical skin

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Credit: Justforfun1
Attachments
Panzer IV H up.png
Panzer IV Ausf. H.png

Krieger Blitzer

Re: New Panzer IV Ausf. H historical skin

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Magnificizm! :P

Blitzkriegrekrut

Post by Blitzkriegrekrut »

Like it, but the best skins in my opinion have still Normandy 44 Mod.
I have extra bought again the CD of COH so I can patch it to 2.601 and play it offline (older v. 1.7) :D
Maybe I make a threat about it next time. Not for advertising (it's so or so dead) just for suggestions.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Don't really agree, there is a great difference working only on the model skin, and working on the 4 textures layers of a model, when you only work on the skin you have a "flat" or "blurry" effect like in N44 skins.
N44 skins has been made a very long time ago by slayernecht & georider who aren't active anymore, our Beobachtungspanzer IV from the SE and the Panzer IV J was a Georider skin for exemple http://www.moddb.com/mods/blitzkrieg/im ... v#imagebox ) , they were really good at that time, but imho not as good compare to those new detailed ones we are implementing in bk.

I don't know if people noticed, but our bk Panzer H model didn't have any texture on his gun and was in general way too dark without good details, now its fixed ;)

Back then it was very hard to get new skins, it was like having new models somehow, thats why Xalibur made a lot of his own.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Is this replacing the old skin or both will be available randomly? I don't see a reason to replace the old one, it is one of the highest quality skins in BK. There are other skins that are low resolution and could get a rework like the jagdpanzer IV/70 or the Stug II

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Jagdpanther wrote:Is this replacing the old skin or both will be available randomly? I don't see a reason to replace the old one, it is one of the highest quality skins in BK. There are other skins that are low resolution and could get a rework like the jagdpanzer IV/70 or the Stug II

Its a replacement, also sharp don't mean quality, i already said why its being replaced, regarding units with "low resolution" skins as you said, we don't have them yet.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Is it for WH ? Or PE Pz.IVH will have same skin too ? (and about Pz.IVJ - WH only or PE too? )

P.S. Please replace topic about new Pz.IV ausf.J skin to this branch of forum.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

The old one was better. There, i said it :P

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Jagdpanther wrote:The old one was better. There, i said it :P

Well you might be wrong on this one too, You are the first to whine when there is texture you don't like on models, because less detailed etc... and you dare say that the old one is better compare to this one ? :D i don't understand you sometimes, or our taste might be different, its possible, the old one didn't have barrel texture, no details in the lower hull, missing texture in the hatch, no details and missing textures in the wheels, some layers were way too dark in some parts and you tell me now that you prefer the old one? come on give me a brake ;)

Snowstorm

Post by Snowstorm »

How is this more historical compared to other paintjobs? I was under the impression that paintjobs on german tanks were more or less improvised on the field. At least they were painted by some random mechanics by hand. I'm interested in the history behind this particular skin. Googling "Panzer IV Ausf. H" gives loads of different paintjobs, but I suppose they are all from earlier parts of the war?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

This is not more historical than others, its just one of the zillions paint jobs made on the field by the mechanics or the crew itself, the camo pattern was decided by the regiment, yes sometimes it was improvised on the field like in russia and in normandy, its true that late panzers had only their base color coating when delivered to panzer divisions and had to be paint on field.

http://www.panzerworld.com/german-armor-camouflage