4.9.6 Beta

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
XAHTEP39

Re: 4.9.6 Beta

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Erich wrote:XAHTEP39 i saw u in PR.

Abbc3 Offtopic
Spoiler: show
Yes, I am old PR-player. I saw in Steam, that JimQuilean launched PR and ask him about, he said, that you play PR too. But this PR1.4 update is tooooo bugged - my PR is crashed every 5...30 minute on the desktop. Is "Erich" you nickname in the PR ?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Calls in are regular abilities like loading HE or AP rounds etc...etc...
Loading HE will not desync your game either. ;)

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Unless the particular actions from call ins are abnormally calculation intense for some reason causing each player's machine to mess up in a different way splitting the game?

Maybe. I dont know what I'm talking about I'm just taking guesses.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Desync is not always total. Sometimes I ask my mate: "Do you see my mg in this place?" This mg that I put there long time ago and didn't move. And he says: "Yes". And then I ask about called in beutepanzer and he says that I lost it like 4 min ago...
I strongly believe that desync is connected to call in abilities.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

kwok wrote:Unless the particular actions from call ins are abnormally calculation intense for some reason causing each player's machine to mess up in a different way splitting the game?

Maybe. I dont know what I'm talking about I'm just taking guesses.

Im pretty sure relic knows why, pc specs are in cause (memory), and the quality of the server/internet used, if you loose your connection even for a micro seconds, you can get yourself a nice game desync on Vcoh with or without mods.
Normaly in online multiplayers games when you disconnect you crash, like in warthunder, to prevent that kind of desync problem, but with coh the game still trying to reconnect all the times, same thing is actually happening with coh2, the desync would never happend if the player who lost the connections was kicked out from the game session instead of coming back, and thats what causes desync. my friends, not the mod, not the calls in.

How many times during pvp's you got your guys disconnecting/reconnecting with this 30s seconds delay? ;)

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

I don't like the idea AT all about the New Luft airstrike with the one bomb... Atleast reduce it price too 200 ammo for one bomb???? srsly?
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Erich

Post by Erich »

XAHTEP39 wrote:
Erich wrote:XAHTEP39 i saw u in PR.

Abbc3 Offtopic
Yes, I am old PR-player. I saw in Steam, that JimQuilean launched PR and ask him about, he said, that you play PR too. But this PR1.4 update is tooooo bugged - my PR is crashed every 5...30 minute on the desktop. Is "Erich" you nickname in the PR ?

Yes it is.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Warhawks97 wrote:BK-MOD TIP 2 map pack compatible? Coz they disappeared for me.... map2 folder still exist in Blitzkrieg file

When I asked tiger, he told to just add the following lines into my new Blitzkrieg.module:-

;; maps pack 2
archive.42 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\2p_4p_D913
archive.43 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\2p_argentan_crossroads
archive.44 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\2p_kurland_pocket
archive.45 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_6p_Le_Paradis
archive.46 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_beaumont
archive.47 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_bizory
archive.48 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_bocage
archive.49 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_bretonneux
archive.50 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_d_day_plus_seven
archive.51 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_HighValley
archive.52 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_hinderdam
archive.53 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_martainville
archive.54 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_normandy
archive.55 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_road_to_caen
archive.56 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\6p_hedgegrow_war
archive.57 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\6p_valley_conflict
archive.58 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\6p_winter_stalemate
archive.59 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\8p_berlin_1945
archive.60 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\4p_manor_hill
archive.61 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\8p_gambits_down
archive.62 = Blitzkrieg\Archives\Maps2\6p_blija

and favorable to copy the lines exactly under the " ;;8-Player Maps " list.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:I don't like the idea AT all about the New Luft airstrike with the one bomb... Atleast reduce it price too 200 ammo for one bomb???? srsly?

The 1000Kg JU-87 Stuka bomb price will be reduced.
http://zupimages.net/up/16/48/la3v.jpg

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Panzerblitz1 wrote:
Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:I don't like the idea AT all about the New Luft airstrike with the one bomb... Atleast reduce it price too 200 ammo for one bomb???? srsly?

The 1000Kg JU-87 Stuka bomb price will be reduced.
http://zupimages.net/up/16/48/la3v.jpg

Hahah nice picture :D keep up ze good work!
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Dunno if anyone already mentioned it but the advanced repair upgrade for sappers is broken (or is it intended?)

After upgrade the the icon of the normal repair ability is not replaced with the advanced repair icon. Repair speed seems also to be that of the normal repairs. When you order them to repair something they will stop when it is on full health. In order to get that white health bar and over repair you have to click on the unit again.

So in short you can overrepair but they wont do it automatically when vehicle or emplacment has taken damage before. Rep speed is still normal and icon is also not replaced.

intention or not? Would feel bad when i am making a wrong alert here.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Advanced repair...you mean the upgrade for PE? If so, does it happen for all units or only some specific? It is possible that something went wrong during adding the Hold Position to certain units and moving the abilities in unit's UI...though pretty much all I did was copy the abilities and change their place so their function should be untouched...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Only the RE sapper got the wrench icon iirc, and yes you need first to heal your damaged tank, then improve the repair on it, they directly apply special repairs (white bar) only if your tank/unit is already at 100% health.
So all is normal to me mate (i think so)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

It's not normal, it used to be as Hawks says: You got damaged tank - if you repaired it with an unit that has advanced repair ability, not only it was repaired until 100% but automatically it was also overrepaired into white. Such units were brits sapers and Armor mechanics. The PE upgrade is another case.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

And not just that. They dont have advanced repair repair speed and instead just the normal one.

@Markr: Sappers = CW. Thought that would be obvious :D true, i could have added that i am talking about CW.
Also in corsix the ability they should get is repair_ability_over_repair or something like that. It has still ui_group position 5 which is taken by hold ground.

I made some testing and put it on position 11. The normal repair ability for CW sappers is on pos 9. When i put both on 9 then i still have the issue described. Only normal repair speed and repair icon and over rep first after giving them special order to do.

I then put the over_rep ability at pos 11 while normal on 9. After i upgraded it i could funnily use both abilites. I could choose whether i repair with normal speed or advanced while clicking on this advanced ability first and then the unit i wanted to be repaired.

But couldnt find the reason why the advanced repair ability doesnt replace the normal one :( (even when both are on same ui_group_pos)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

OK, I probably forgot to include the upgraded repairs...I will take a look at it

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Ah ok then :)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Fixed it. was so simple. Saw it right when i got into corsix today. Maybe shouldnt try to fix bugs at 3 am and after 4 hours in corsix already lol.

Its the upgrade that is wrong. it replaces the wrong ability. It replaces the "repair_ability". But you created a new ability (i guess you rather create new abilites so that you can easier step back if necessary. And that was the case when you changed ability locations as the hold ground took pos 5) called "repair_ability_cw_sappers".

Just the "commonwealth_sgt_expert_engineer" upgrade still replaces the "repair_ability". So its a tiny mistake.

Also the UI_group_position must but 9, not 5 for the over_repair_ability

Idk if you got the mistake already. If not i have saved some of your time:P

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

:lol: It would be nice to have some German translation help too

Gurkenkilla

Post by Gurkenkilla »

Although Hummel is a call-in, it doesn't come with all upgrades installed (150 mm R. Gr. 19 FES ammunition is missing).

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I probably should have specified this one in the changelog when mentioning Croc Churchill...it was meant as in "as any other call-in TANK"...all others have it, even croc had ammo upgrades applied, only the plow was missing ;-)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Gurkenkilla wrote:Although Hummel is a call-in, it doesn't come with all upgrades installed (150 mm R. Gr. 19 FES ammunition is missing).

For that (and this time for sure) you need to do the upgrade at the panzer factory, like the Wespe, those units never came with the full upgrades.

Gurkenkilla

Post by Gurkenkilla »

Ok, got it. :)

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Also what i wanted to write is that the fog experiment is pretty nice because 120 mm and the british big mortar Has now finaly a Chance to survive and Not getting instantly Bombed or crushed by glieders or so lol