4.9.6 Beta

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Warhawks97

Re: 4.9.6 Beta

Post by Warhawks97 »

Honestly. I would keep that new fog of war system. It offers more advantages as disadvantages. Dont give up on it that fast. Give it a longer chance. Maybe after like a half year people would get used to it.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I would too, there's a lot of balancing that needs to be done but overall could really open up some new types of gameplay. Naturally it would be imbalanced at first because the game has a history of balances without the feature. But that really goes into how long we are looking to keep this mod alive for.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

heinrich_fritz13

Post by heinrich_fritz13 »

the sturmtiger's icon is blank and empty
Attachments
relic00001.jpg

Sudatus

Post by Sudatus »

I second warhawks, let that fow be for a moment or so is there a switch ingame that u could tur on or off like the inf only mode? That would be great for testing purposes.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Honestly. I would keep that new fog of war system. It offers more advantages as disadvantages. Dont give up on it that fast. Give it a longer chance. Maybe after like a half year people would get used to it.

I would too, there's a lot of balancing that needs to be done but overall could really open up some new types of gameplay. Naturally it would be imbalanced at first because the game has a history of balances without the feature. But that really goes into how long we are looking to keep this mod alive for.

Well, guys you need to decide what is the best here, i will make a poll for that and the majority will decide.

heinrich_fritz13 wrote:the sturmtiger's icon is blank and empty

What do you mean? if you are talking about the Tank commander empty slot, its normal, this slot will be filled when the tank commander is in your unit, at the same time you can with your mouse select the sturmtiger with others units and you will see that he got his unit symbol.

All vehicles who can gather a tank commander have this empty slot reserved for him.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

He mean that call-in icon of ST is empty.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

XAHTEP39 wrote:He mean that call-in icon of ST is empty.

Oh right :o , then it means his screen resolution and graphic settings are not right.

heinrich_fritz13

what is the right screen resolution for me? i only max at 1366 x 768..

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

did you put your model cursor at max in your graphic settings?

Tor

Post by Tor »

After tank commander nerf, ace tanks get price reduction?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I don't think they will.
Or what would be the reason for it? ACE tanks are better than normal versions of those tanks even without TC. The commander is only a bonus that makes them even better. I think ACE call-ins are fine now.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

MarKr wrote:I don't think they will.
Or what would be the reason for it? ACE tanks are better than normal versions of those tanks even without TC. The commander is only a bonus that makes them even better. I think ACE call-ins are fine now.

Agreed.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

MarKr wrote: ACE tanks are better than normal versions of those tanks even without TC. The commander is only a bonus that makes them even better.

It s ignoring peoples imaginary force, encouraged by propaganda, that mades heros, somethime forged them.

It is not the tank who an ace, it is crews. Often in the crews, it is the commander. Most easy crew that can be visualize at coh, is the tank commander of course.

Aside technical considerations, it is probably why some people could have mixed feeling about an ace tank without a good tank commander.

Tor

Post by Tor »

MarKr wrote:I don't think they will.

Tiger ace worse than Tiger late, but ok, i have another reason, tank commander cost 100mp less in 4.9.6.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Tiger Ace comes with Vet1 - that already means 10% better accuracy and 5% faster reload, it comes with a TC (Vet0 = +15 Sight range), has 150 more HP, it has better gun (better accuracy) has different abilities...OK, the abilities can be considered better or worse based on your preferences but in general the Ace is better because it has buffed stats. Just because TCs are now cheaper it doesn't mean that call-in tanks need to be cheaper too. Their performance is still very good for their price.

Tor

Post by Tor »

Start play, most enemies are infantry, late get vet 3 faster than ace.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

If you don't like the Ace, then don't use it. Build Tiger late instead and put TC in it and you have a unit that you consider better.

heinrich_fritz13

relic00007.jpg
i maybe a poor player who can't afford a 1080p computer here. but.. can i ask if you can just lower the graphical demand of the sturmtiger's call-in icon display :( .. coz i can't play blitzkrieg when i see one blank icons in my HUD

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

We know about the missing icon, we will (hopefully) fix it :D

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

- When Nebelwerfers use the "Steep Angle" barrage ability the rocket tracers should visually look OK now (no sharp angles)

The bug still happens in the normal non angled mode

Wake

Post by Wake »

US Airborne Engineers still cost 320 manpower, which is quite expensive considering that their abilities.

heinrich_fritz13

i would like to suggest to have the ''Pathfinders'' to be added in the mod for the airborne company? or maybe just rename the existing airborne units..

do you guys have a model of 12.8 cm flak gun? it is the 128mm version of the 88mm flak gun?

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I still strongly believe that giving a Sturmtiger to terror doc is an extremly silly idea. A while ago I made a long tread about doctrines power distribution among Axis docs saying that currently it is very bad, Terror is a "must have" for axis if you want to have any chances for victory since its the only doc which can relible counter main allied things, others can be easily blocked by defences or overwhelmed by numbers. That's the reason why we see terror doc in 90% games and TH or Luft extremely rare ( not aplliable to the current version where everybody plays Luft only due to Reg.5 which can mill the entire armies alone, besides this, doc is shitty in compare to AB or Raf, less flexible infatry, no good vehicles and much weaker airstrikes, dont tell me about Wirbelwind, its a free exp for Halftruck with super range or Hellcat\Achiles aka racing cars).

Allies dont have this problem, their doctrines aку well balanced regarding strength and I adore playing all of them, AB, Raf, Tanks, RE are equaly used in games of all scales, Inf and Arty a bit less often, but thats fine since they have pure support role, and are really good in this.

Other problem that in compare to Axis allies have lots of cheap, but supper effective units ( Quad cals, Pak trucks, HE Shermans and Scotts, Crusaders, Hellcats, Achiles ) even direct counterparts are somehow cheaper: Persh is better than terror tiger but costs less, Luft aitrsikes are joke in compare to Allied once but cost more xD, decent tank hunters with speed and camo cost as much as Pak 40 Puma which dies by one zook hit, HE Panzer in TH doc costs twice of the HE Sherman in Armor doc but not better anyhow. Add here resourses advantage which allies always have with their supply yard/british cars and gap becomes CRAZY.

So, my point here, do not give Sturmtiger to the doc which is already the most played one and essential, nobody wants to play only against terror all the time ( or as terror all the time ). Make it a reward unit in BK doc for Tiger Ace or for Stuh, this will be a way better decision for balance and gameplay. Axis will have at least another reliable doc, BK is not bad overall, but its done and blocked as soon as allied made a defence with emplacements and hidden units like snipers and tank hunters, the doc which is supposed to be a breakthrough one arguably is worse in that purpose than SE or Def, since you get simply blocked by a couple of units, Sturmtiger will fit to idea of this doc perfectly as well.

Regarding other docs I already said everything before, PE needs a price drops for a lot of stuff: stormgrenadiers should be 375 MP, their target type is worse than Wh grenadiers once, they need shitload of ammo to become effective and they dont have AT ), Hetzer and PZ4 unlock should be independent, Puma with Pak 40 should cost 300 MP and 30 Fuel, HE Panzer 440 MP and 40 Fuel, Panzerwefer is much worse than 95mm Churchill or cromwell but costs more, PE Tank factory is overpriced as hell, the best unit they can get there is a crappy luft Panther but it costs 550 mp and 60 fuel ( for what?), luft flaks should be cheaper as well, nobody ever builds them, naked once a one shot for 95mm arty or Tulips, emplaced ones cost a fortune but useless against any player who have basic logic skills ( nobody will rush a flak, in 99% games it may kill someone only with the very first shot, after it has been spotted everybody just avoids it untill it will be destoyed by arty, or you can try to repait it and loose another expensive squad ( at least 360 MP ) so in total you waste almost 1000 MP, the exact reason why nobody uses flaks as Luft. Scout cars also have to be much cheaper after all tech ups are complete, you spend 300 MP and 10 Fuel for upgrading each point when brits do it for free and 200 MP is nothing for USA with upgraded supply yard.

That's all for now I think, maybe I will add some point later.

P.S. I really want the next patch to be good, current gameplay for axis is kinda depressive, you always have to stay in defence hoping that a couple of good late game units like Panther G and Walking Stuka will make a game, because if you try to play active beeing on pair with allied forces you will always end up the same: looking at how your army gets smallers and smaller when allied forces becomes bigger and bigger.

UPD1: Grenadiers bulding time is insane, I think its the longets one among all infantry units, here fix is needed as well.
Last edited by Sukin-kot (SVT) on 04 Dec 2016, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.

heinrich_fritz13

i agree. to make the sturmtiger as a reward unit for sturmpanzer IV since both of them looks the a little bit similar.. making it's current reward partner ''Grille'' to be a doctrine exclusive unit instead.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Def doc doesnt need it either, they are good with Grille.