Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Locked
JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:Map such as Autry for example, there are no any base AA turrets around.. specifically at position 3... Where there are also some buildings located next to the HQ; as it has now become a common tactic to spawn there even without view while killing all the retreated units with 1 squad!!! I saw a 5% HP Panther that drove to the base for repairing when suddenly a squad came up from nowhere hitting it with a Zooka, why shouldn't the player need view first in order to spawn??!!

Don't play on Autry then. Now you want to change this unit just because one map has no AA base defense?

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Autry was just an example... Generally u shouldn't be able to spawn anywhere without view! Or is it too difficult to use spotters in Bk I am afraid?

User avatar
XAHTEP39
Posts: 218
Joined: 09 May 2015, 12:34
Location: Saint-Peterburg, Russia

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by XAHTEP39 »

About DemoStorms...
1) S.Mine 35, which plants by DemoStorms is not marked on the map (Stockmine 43 by Pioneers in same map is marked on map). :|
2) DemoStorms didn`t plants S.Mines 35 as other units with mines in new system "shift+click-click-click-click...", they plant mine only "one direct click by one direct click". I think the reason is that DemoStorms S.Mine 35 is "ability", but other units plant mines as "building menu".
:(

P.S. iirc Gebirgs have Schutzemine 42 as ability and new planting system for them is Ok.
Somebody recheck my 2 point, please.

EDIT:
3) WH DemoStorm has the demolitions (Geballte laddung) by 40 ammo, WH Pioneers has same Demplitions by 50 ammo, PE StormPioneers has same demolitions by 50 ammo. It is strange, that same explosion with same detonate principle and same AoE has different cost.
3.1) US and WH require to research of demolitions in WSC/HQ for their Engineers and Pioneers (100MP+30Ammo) - I think, It is "archaic relict" of vCoH, becouse some units has demolitions (DemoStorms , StormPioneers...) as default without depending on HQ`s research.
So I suggest to remove "research of demolitions in WSC/HQ", and give demolitions by Engineers and Pioneers as default.

User avatar
Wolf
Administrator
Posts: 1008
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 16:01
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Wolf »

Not every same ability needs to have the same cost, especially when one squad is considered "demo", I'd say its especially in this case ok.
Image

User avatar
XAHTEP39
Posts: 218
Joined: 09 May 2015, 12:34
Location: Saint-Peterburg, Russia

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Wolf wrote:Not every same ability needs to have the same cost, especially when one squad is considered "demo", I'd say its especially in this case ok.

Yees, really good argument, sure ;)

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3239
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by MarKr »

Tiger1996 wrote:And why even allowing them to spawn through the fog of war when it's sometimes a 'risk' like u say'??? Map such as Autry for example, there are no any base AA turrets around.. specifically at position 3... Where there are also some buildings located next to the HQ; as it has now become a common tactic to spawn there even without view while killing all the retreated units with 1 squad!!! I saw a 5% HP Panther that drove to the base for repairing when suddenly a squad came up from nowhere hitting it with a Zooka, why shouldn't the player need view first in order to spawn??!! I am completely with restricting it becoming just like the Storms.

It's not too difficult to bring a scout or a recon plane so far...

Because it is up to you if you are willing to take the risk. Map...What Illa said is true. We cannot change abilities just because some issue on one map. Once happened to me that 5% HP Panther....yeah once...what if there were a squad with StG44s near the building? The CQB would get shredded. That is the risk I was talking about and if the player with the Pather actually had some support for the Panther the situation would be different. It is not problem of the ability that players don't combine units.

1) S.Mine 35, which plants by DemoStorms is not marked on the map (Stockmine 43 by Pioneers in same map is marked on map). :|
2) DemoStorms didn`t plants S.Mines 35 as other units with mines in new system "shift+click-click-click-click...", they plant mine only "one direct click by one direct click". I think the reason is that DemoStorms S.Mine 35 is "ability", but other units plant mines as "building menu".
Yes, I forgot about this one. I will fix it for the next release.
Image

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:Because it is up to you if you are willing to take the risk. Map...What Illa said is true. We cannot change abilities just because some issue on one map.

So, is it up to me to cheat?? Spawning without view required is actually a cheat!! And again; Autry was just an example.
MarKr wrote:Once happened to me that 5% HP Panther....yeah once...

If it happens a once, then it could also happen for more times which is totally stupid.
MarKr wrote:That is the risk I was talking about and if the player with the Pather actually had some support for the Panther the situation would be different. It is not problem of the ability that players don't combine units.

What kind of support to the Panther?? It's already in the base...
MarKr wrote:what if there were a squad with StG44s near the building? The CQB would get shredded.

Squads are retreating there, no one is up to fight; they are only up to reinforce or heal!!
MarKr wrote:It has been like this since...ever and suddenly now it is a problem?

Saying that it has been working like this for long time isn't a valid argument either.
MarKr wrote:Not to mention that using this abilitity "blind" can mean that you simply spawn them reight next to nevhicle that will shred them to pieces.

I can't be more lucky to suddenly spawn in a building with a CQB where there is a vehicle nearby.. in fact, they are mainly used for this purpose in order to quickly snipe that vehicle and run.

User avatar
aufklaerer1912
Posts: 18
Joined: 21 Dec 2015, 15:49

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

If not spawning like storms in a viewed territory, it would be good to make the CQB zooka attack more expensive or at least you would have to buy their weapons, now they're not so weak.. There are also maps with lots of houses.. they can be very tedious in some circumstances

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

They are just fine in my opinion, even when they are armed to teeth by default with also a Zooka ability... The problem here is that they are currently working like if they were some kind of fking ghosts! Airborne house ghosts.. same to SE doc Sabotage squads.

The idea to spawn in buildings is in itself a silly thing from the vCoH... Now it's even more nasty how they could spawn in buildings also without view!!! While it's already not that hard to use spotters in Bk.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3239
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by MarKr »

So, is it up to me to cheat?? Spawning without view required is actually a cheat!!
If I overlook the fact that you just draged the focus somewhere else from my point, still cheating is intentional abuse of something that was not implemented to the game intentionally (e.g. teleport bug). Spawning in FoW was intention, therefore it is not cheating. You may perceive it as unfair but that doesn't make it cheating.

And again; Autry was just an example.
So I guess that argumenting with Autry is not the best thing to do...then tell me, where did this happen?
What kind of support to the Panther?? It's already in the base...
Squads are retreating there, no one is up to fight; they are only up to reinforce or heal!!
If they are in the base, shouldn't the base defense take care of them? Also if I know my opponent is dick enough to use this, can't you just place a mine at the doorway of the building in your base? Nasty surprise :D.

Saying that it has been working like this for long time isn't a valid argument either.
It surely is, but my point was why is it such a huge problem now and nobody complained about it earlier or if they did then it probably wasn't a huge problem because if something is a huge problem people keep mentioning all the time.

Look, I believe it can be annoying but I don't think it is impossible to counter this "spawn in any building" strategy. Yes, if they do this in your base sector it is stupid but how many maps have neutral buildings in base sectors? Autry....any others? Don't play Autry or simply agree on not using these buildings as spawn points for this ability in the lobby before the game starts.
Image

User avatar
aufklaerer1912
Posts: 18
Joined: 21 Dec 2015, 15:49

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

Tiger1996 wrote:They are just fine in my opinion, even when they are armed to teeth by default with also a Zooka ability... The problem here is that they are currently working like if they were some kind of fking ghosts! Airborne house ghosts.. same to SE doc Sabotage squads.

The idea to spawn in buildings is in itself a silly thing from the vCoH... Now it's even more nasty how they could spawn in buildings also without view!!! While it's already not that hard to use spotters in Bk.


Yes i think it's necessary to deserve them with spotters or at max with a 50 ammo recon plane of an ally.. it would be fairer

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:If they are in the base, shouldn't the base defense take care of them? Also if I know my opponent is dick enough to use this, can't you just place a mine at the doorway of the building in your base? Nasty surprise :D.

I know that this is the best counter, but it's not always possible to lay mines.. or I mean it's not always expected at which building exactly he is going to spawn... And I can't keep up with wasting my ammo all the time in order to keep using these mines.

MarKr wrote:Look, I believe it can be annoying but I don't think it is impossible to counter this "spawn in any building" strategy

I am basically NOT against this tactic... BUT I am definitely against it whenever it's possible through the FOW!!! Get my point plz.
Storms can still surprise the enemy, although they require view.

MarKr wrote:It surely is, but my point was why is it such a huge problem now and nobody complained about it earlier or if they did then it probably wasn't a huge problem because if something is a huge problem people keep mentioning all the time.

Do u really like to know why I never complained about this before in the past?? It's honestly because I actually didn't know that CQB and Sabotage squads could ever spawn without view! I always thought they are just like Storms.

User avatar
XAHTEP39
Posts: 218
Joined: 09 May 2015, 12:34
Location: Saint-Peterburg, Russia

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Bug with DefDoc "observation/recon bunker" - if MG-team is inside (probably any squad), that Sniper production is unvailable ("stop button" instead ?!).
Image

EDIT:
Information to thinking:
- Grenadiers now cost 410 MP

yes, good unit, probably cost is right.
StormGrenadier (BK-doc) is half-elite unit with good weapon, passive camo, etc and their cost from Storm-HT is 400MP - cheaper then main infantry (Grenadiers)... So... just information for debate :roll:

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by JimQwilleran »

XAHTEP39 wrote:StormGrenadier (BK-doc) is half-elite unit with good weapon, passive camo, etc and their cost from Storm-HT is 400MP - cheaper then main infantry (Grenadiers)... So... just information for debate

I think it's because you need to pay CP for storms and halftrack. While Grenadiers are basic inf for early game, the similar unit for the late game are storms, that is why they cost about the same.

User avatar
XAHTEP39
Posts: 218
Joined: 09 May 2015, 12:34
Location: Saint-Peterburg, Russia

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by XAHTEP39 »

JimQwilleran wrote:
XAHTEP39 wrote:StormGrenadier (BK-doc) is half-elite unit with good weapon, passive camo, etc and their cost from Storm-HT is 400MP - cheaper then main infantry (Grenadiers)... So... just information for debate

I think it's because you need to pay CP for storms and halftrack. While Grenadiers are basic inf for early game, the similar unit for the late game are storms, that is why they cost about the same.

Yes, I agree about necessery of Storm-HT and 2CP, therefore it is not directly suggestion, but just dispute :)

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

XAHTEP39 wrote:EDIT:
Information to thinking:
- Grenadiers now cost 410 MP

yes, good unit, probably cost is right.

The problem now is Rangers, they cost only 360MP.. although they are still good and usually spammed like there is no tomorrow specifically as Inf doc! Yet they still cost cheaper than 101st squads even after getting cost reduction...

Nice job with finding those bugs though :)

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by JimQwilleran »

XAHTEP39 wrote:Yes, I agree about necessery of Storm-HT and 2CP, therefore it is not directly suggestion, but just dispute :)

I know, so I am answering :D.
Tiger1996 wrote:The problem now is Rangers, they cost only 360MP.. although they are still good and usually spammed like there is no tomorrow specifically as Inf doc! Yet they still cost cheaper than 101st squads even after getting cost reduction.

Tiger, you already said that. Why do you repeat the same sentence?

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

JimQwilleran wrote:Tiger, you already said that. Why do you repeat the same sentence?

I felt like I had to repeat it again, because some people actually can't read very well.

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:I felt like I had to repeat it again, because some people actually can't read very well.


Who? People almost always answer every of your questions or ideas.
Wake wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:Rangers basic price need to be increased to 400, AB already get cheaper 101st now... Armor doc relies on tanks anyway.


I disagree. 400 MP for rangers would make them equivalent in price to normal Grenadiers which currently cost 400 MP, yet Grenadiers are better than Rangers in almost every single aspect.

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I said 'some' people... Not to mention that it was actually an interaction; which is right in place, since he mentioned about the cost of Storms.. as I then felt the need to speak about the price of Rangers on the other hand once again in order to probably bring up more discussion considering this!

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:I said 'some' people... Not to mention that it was actually an interaction; which is right in place, since he mentioned about the cost of Storms.. as I then felt the need to speak about the price of Rangers on the other hand once again in order to probably bring up more discussion considering this!

I think you should start a new thread, and leave this one for bug reporting maybe :).

PiotrW
Posts: 39
Joined: 23 Feb 2015, 15:23

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by PiotrW »

Luft recon plane have now Ju-87 model (with siren sound). Is it intended ?
There is also problem with siren sound itself. Sometimes it's audiable over whole map, another time it's completely silent until you have Stuka model in your field of vision.

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

- 2nd Tank depot upgrade cost reduced by 20Fuel

Wait a minute here.. the Pershing cost (at least the first one that will be produced) wasn't reduced just by 20 fuel; in fact... It's actually reduced by 40 fuel this way! :?

Right now we will get stronger Pershing against 75mm L/48 guns.. stronger 90mm gun against Pz4s... As well as less expensive Pershing by 40 fuel while also being unlimited in numbers???!! Currently even the 75mm L/70 of the Panther often bounces off the Pershing btw which is probably fine so far, but just saying so that we keep it in mind...

The Pershing has almost guaranteed penetration against KT, the only thing that I am really asking now is to seriously reduce the price of the KT in return... AT THE SAME TIME, Pershing ACE also has to cost 1550MP.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3239
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by MarKr »

The Pershing has almost guaranteed penetration against KT,
:D :D :D :D :D 23% frontaly at max range is "guaranteed"? You didn't write anything like "I think" or "I guess" so...when you write something and decide to present it as a fact you should confirm your information first.
Image

User avatar
Krieger Blitzer
Posts: 4117
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, living in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

From what I can see in the game, actually it usually penetrates.. and who is fighting a KT at max range???!!! At mid range is almost always guaranteed... U know that this gun becomes deadlier at closer distances.

Pershing available after only 5 CPs, KT after 11 CPs; cost difference is huge as well... This is not good, Pershing also gets Vet1 after unlock!

Locked