Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Viper

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Viper »

good news , but is it official patch release or another beta ?

any info about cheaper firestorm , many people agree on it being cheaper here , even those who asked for command point to stuka .

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I would repeat the same questions :)

Beta or official today?

What about the Firestorm?!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I don't know if Wolf will make it official or Beta III but I think we'll find out today...tomorrow tops.

He wasn't very fond of dropping price of Firestorm because he doesn't consider it as "useless" as people describe it here and I share this opinion. If you read again what I wrote few posts back - it has its use and it is not "deal damage directly" but rather "clear defensive line from emplacements and deny movement over an area". Unfortunately people have a way of thinking that goes more like "if it doesn't deal good damage when it hits, it is useless" so they often don't see usefulnes of certain things (how often do you see smoke from mortars in use?).
Anyway he mentioned that perhaps now when V1 should be fixed and deal damage more reliably than before its cost might go up a little bit. BUT the costs of these abilities are in his hands now. I sent him changed files I've got and I'm done for today so if any further changes will be added it is purely Wolf's work ;).

Krieger Blitzer

Wish u done well with both the ALRS, and VS abilities as well as the 3 snipers glitch for Inf doc etc ^^ I wish if it's only a 3rd beta too and not official for today.

Yes, I have read what u said.. but the situation is lot different now... Firestorm can be fine at the cost of 200 ammo if Stuka doesn't require CPs but now that it does; then it's another story! Also no one opposed it at all actually ;)

Tor

Post by Tor »

Infantry arty strike have cost 165, firestorm have cost 200, arty strike better, something wrong here.
I wrote this many times.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

What makes it "another story"? It is still same effective (the stats of the weapon haven't been toutched) and now it comes earlier (before you needed 4CPs, now 3CPs). Stuka comes later, true can also fire flame barrage but it fires only 6 rockets and I dare to say they are not as concentrated as those form the ability which fires 8 rockets first that hit smaller area, followed by another 8 rockets that land in bigger area.

Before, I said I wouldn't mind if the price was dropped but now after looking more closely at it I don't think price drop is needed at all.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Firestorm has pretty different use from inf attack imo, it also comes rather fast, so I'd take Firestorm more as infantry / decrew weapon with pretty fast effect with bonus of fire staying for a while. Inf attack is a bit more unpredictable and slower, non-flaming, but it might be more damaging. I wouldn't compare it with V1, as V1 might be even a bit low cost now, but it has atleast kind of "good" warning sound and is kinda slow, so lets keep it now.

As beta/non beta... I think it will be non beta, but with release here before official announcement. It will be recalled / postponed only if BUG... well.. SERIOUS bug will be found, otherwise it will be released as official 4.9.5 after.

95mm CP requirement seems more like a joke, as that unit is in no way comparable to stuka plus it is a completely different situation.

Also panther spotting scope -10 sight to what it had, you still have that 1.5 accuracy boost, so...

Sniper and captain in rangers truck will not be buildable till next patch.

Krieger Blitzer

Wolf, remember what I told u in PMs, srsly that was too much argument already which u have not responded to except with short text.. why nerfing Terror so much now?? Why less sight for the G???? Huh?? They asked more cost for it and NOT less range!!! It's completely 2 different things mate.

Or why would the G cost anymore than other Panthers then?? I am very disappionted with ur decisions recently about Terror, plz accept my criticize here...
And again, Firestorm should be cheaper because now the Terror player is forced to unlock it before the Stuka! If only u listen.

What about the maps btw?

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Some armacalic Need atenttion again :D :D :D :D
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Tiger1996 wrote:Wolf, remember what I told u in PMs, srsly that was too kuch argument already which u have not responded to except with short text.. why nerfing Terror so much now?? Why less sight for the G???? Huh?? They asked more cost for it and NOT less range!!! It's completely 2 different things mate.

Or why would the G cost anymore than other Panthers then?? I am very disappionted with ur decisions recently about Terror, plz accept my criticize here...
And again, Firestorm should be cheaper because now the Terror player is forced to unlock it before the Stuka! If only u listen.

What about the maps btw?

Maps are not ready and won't be for a while.

Why should the G cost anymore than other Panthers? You do realize what are you asking? You see no difference between Panther G? I know, that you prefer tigers, but... cmon man, even you must see that Panther G is (and I acutally made it, so I know that) strongest from the Panthers. Btw normal sight bonus is usually +15, Panther HAD +35, now it has +25. That scope upgrade also adds *1.5 Accuracy. I did not want to give it more cost, so it is done this way (and I was considering 20 too).

Krieger Blitzer

Ok, convinced about Panthers... Now cheaper Firestorm; u have many options.. 175, 185 or 165.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Tiger1996 wrote:Ok, convinced about Panthers... Now cheaper Firestorm; u have many options.. 175, 185 or 165.

or 200.

Btw it is already packed, I am going to play one CS game and it will be ready to post link.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Firestorm sucks also i never see it being used maybe a few times it is a waste for 200 ammo.
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:Firestorm sucks also i never see it being used maybe a few times it is a waste for 200 ammo.

One never see, one lost 2 AB squads almost instantly :/

Krieger Blitzer

Wolf, don't mess with me plz :D I am tired completely. Believe me, they all here believe same I do.. plz consider some cheaper Firestorm already! They provided many reasons than I ever could.
Sukin, Agent or Devil, Tor and Lehr plus me... We can't be all wrong about it!

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Wolf wrote:
Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:Firestorm sucks also i never see it being used maybe a few times it is a waste for 200 ammo.

One never see, one lost 2 AB squads almost instantly :/

But cmon wolf it cause no serious dmg to any armored Units... maybe Jeeps or stags or Greyhound but who would use it vs any of These Units?

Edit: Allie inf doc artystrike cause ways more dmg to most Units, has no after burn but yet cause more dmg and is not that expensive
Last edited by Panzer-Lehr-Division on 03 Apr 2016, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Well...players will need to unlock it before Stuka, but are they forced to use it? If you think it is not worth the price then only unlock it and don't use it (as many players do already). It is not weaker than it used to be, if anything it will be available sooner.

They provided many reasons than I ever could.

Well I provided reasons why I think it is OK and nobody said a word to counter it. Can you maybe explain why it needs so badly price reduction just because it precedes Stuka in tech tree? You gave this as a reson and I think you haven't explained that so far (others gave different reasons).

But cmon wolf it cause no serious dmg to any armored Units... maybe Jeeps or stags or Greyhound but who would use it vs any of These Units?
The purpose of this ability is not to deal damage to armored units. I wrote about that in previous posts.

Krieger Blitzer

200 ammo for it, is more than so much... I can't say more.
I gave u reasons too.. it's simply not cost sufficient.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Tiger1996 wrote:200 ammo for it, is more than so much... I can't say more.
I gave u reasons too.. it's simply not cost sufficient.

Its an alternative, it is not to be used in some situations but to be used in other... its not like you HAVE to use it. Similar to how on tanks you will not use strafe run.

Krieger Blitzer

That's 3 CPs, and 200 ammo... The Inf doc off map costs just 165.. and only 2 CPs if I am not mistaken.
Do u know? There could have been a better solution of giving CPs to Stuka where reducing the cost of this ability wouldn't be very essiential. ONLY if I was able to choose in between...
That I need to pay 5 CPs in total in order to reach Stuka is quite unfair.. what if I didn't want to unlock the Firestorm?? Why forcing me to unlock it to reach Stuka?? They should be both seperated I think, I am not against giving CPs to Stuka now, but the way it was made probably forces us to lower the price of the Firestorm!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

That's 3 CPs, and 200 ammo... The Inf doc off map costs just 165.. and only 2 CPs if I am not mistaken.
Not everything is meant to be the same.

There could have been a better solution of giving CPs to Stuka where reducing the cost of this ability wouldn't be very essiential. ONLY if I was able to choose in between...
You say again that the price reduction is needed because now you need to unlock Firestorm before you get your hands on Stuka. But why? Why is the price reduction needed? I can see no reason for it really...the ability still performs exactely the same. Stuka performs the same (comes later perhaps but that is not performance drop). Give us some solid argument.

what if I didn't want to unlock the Firestorm??
This is not an argument at all. What if I didn't want to unlock Straffing run before Air patrol as AB? What if I didn't want to unlock CQB before ranger truck? You could ask this question about any unlock that is conditioned by another.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

But 200 ammo for only a defense breaking rocketstrike? well.. make grens storm up to mortar pits or so make incendiary is enough too or have mates with se doc or so *wich almost appear in teammatch that any doc has somrthink to break defenses* so why not lower it? for some multipurpose?

Tor

Post by Tor »

Why this cost more than 100?
Firestorm overal worse than arty strike, and cost more, okay.
BUT THIS??? 200 ammo, kill nothing, who use this?
2 Nebels can protect all points, and kill infantry in same time, and cost less!
Yelow delete this useless shit, place stuka, red need rework.
Attachments
20160404003801_1.jpg
Last edited by Tor on 03 Apr 2016, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.

Krieger Blitzer

I feel so dizzy, that's the only reason I really can't continue this agrument any further... This is pretty much going to be my last post for today here I think.
Keep in mind that the Firestorm is not as deadly as any other Allied off map.. "not everything should be the same" was the same answer to almost all the suggestions proposed; I am not going to kiss you for it or something, don't get me wrong.. just in other words I mean I am honestly tired to fight for anything else already. Therefore, I clearly say it.. do whatever u want, I have already done my duty here.

Just be sure not to release the next beta as official before u recieve enough feedback from players while having stable results. Maybe give it at least 3 days before real announcement... And here is one promise by me; after the release of the next patch, I will never anymore ask for another patch or a next one later through publishing such initial topics anyhow.. just saying here that it's going to be my last ceremony down here so far.. good luck, stay safe. Sincerely with all respect to ur efforts again :)

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »