Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Yup, I agree with Wolf here that Grens aren't anyhow OP at all.. as I already mentioned this many times before as well... Sukin even mocked it by setting this as his own signature:-
"Terror is the only working Axis doc, it is 100% ok" (с) - Tiger1996
LMAO :D

However that I also wouldn't exactly agree that the problem is their 3rd free MP44 provided by the 3x unlock, but ok! What about the suggestion I proposed here? If u want to remove this 3rd free MP44 while setting it to provide just 2x free MP44s on the other hand.. then I guess u will once again have to allow the unlock earlier back... Becoming just after 2 CPs and not after 3 CPs anymore!

The single CP could be just given back to the VT... Or to be given to the Panther G while also taking 1 point from the Terror Tiger to the VT but without touching the price of the Panther G then.

After this, u can just add the 3rd MP44 to the regular ammo upgrade! As it would then provide 3 ones, costing 75 ammo instead of currently 50 ammo... So; what do u think guys? U also don't have to disallow this upgrade after unlocking the Terror item; as it's fine if they manage to get 5 MP44s>2 for free after 2 CPs and 3 for 75 ammo!

Rangers basic price need to be increased to 400, AB already get cheaper 101st now... Armor doc relies on tanks anyway.

Wake

Post by Wake »

All the changes are really good, I appreciate the work that the community and devs have done to influence them.

Tiger1996 wrote:Rangers basic price need to be increased to 400, AB already get cheaper 101st now... Armor doc relies on tanks anyway.

I disagree. 400 MP for rangers would make them equivalent in price to normal Grenadiers which currently cost 400 MP, yet Grenadiers are better than Rangers in almost every single aspect.
Last edited by Wake on 06 Mar 2016, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@ Sukin:
Though Wolf brings up a valid point. Look at WM Grenadiers in general. In every doc they all have same:
- "armor type"
- ammount of HP
- basic weapons
- possibilities of weapon upgrades
- (reinforcement) cost

Terror Grens have extra:
- Flame grenades (now a bit more expensive)
- VT (dependant on Unlock but still people say that 2 Nebels are crap and won't do much)
- With Unlock free StG 44 (+ lowered Supression)
- With Unlock offensive bonuses with dead squad members

You say their problem is not in loadout, you never mentioned abilities being a problem either so why are they such a pain in the ass ONLY at Terror doc? With the Def doc's defensive upgrade, those should be even bigger problem to kill. Yet noone complains about them there.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the P47 bomb changes (It has now slightly bigger AoE and tagets within AoE should always receive damage; small exeption is the edge of AoE and even there it is a question of a very good luck)
and also yes - US .30cal Jeep and WH Schwimmwagen should now receive more damage.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

MarKr wrote:@ Sukin:
Though Wolf brings up a valid point. Look at WM Grenadiers in general. In every doc they all have same:
- "armor type"
- ammount of HP
- basic weapons
- possibilities of weapon upgrades
- (reinforcement) cost

Terror Grens have extra:
- Flame grenades (now a bit more expensive)
- VT (dependant on Unlock but still people say that 2 Nebels are crap and won't do much)
- With Unlock free StG 44 (+ lowered Supression)
- With Unlock offensive bonuses with dead squad members

You say their problem is not in loadout, you never mentioned abilities being a problem either so why are they such a pain in the ass ONLY at Terror doc? With the Def doc's defensive upgrade, those should be even bigger problem to kill. Yet noone complains about them there.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the P47 bomb changes (It has now slightly bigger AoE and tagets within AoE should always receive damage; small exeption is the edge of AoE and even there it is a question of a very good luck)
and also yes - US .30cal Jeep and WH Schwimmwagen should now receive more damage.

They also have -25% supression and zeal which makes them more durable already after 1 loss, also they throw fire nades at much longer distance than AB do. With all you mentioned, quite a lot of buffs for a basic unit I would say.

Krieger Blitzer

Wake wrote:All the changes are really good, I appreciate the work that the community and devs have done to influence them.

To clarify, currently, grenadiers can get 2 StG44s for 50 munition. In terror doctrine only, they get 2 more for free after a 3 CP unlock for a total of 4 StG44s.

In the new patch, the proposal by Wolf is to keep grenadiers able to have 2 StG44s in all doctrines, but in terror, they will no longer have the option to purchase them, but instead will get 3 of them for free. The maximum amount they can have is 3 if they are terror doc.

So the new patch reduces the power of terror grenadiers by removing 1 of their possible StG44s.

This is completely wrong my friend... And it's not the first time to correct for u such things.. mate, next time plz revise ur information before posting! I mean absolutely no offense here but plz get my point.
I can remember too that u said before as well that currently ACEs come at Vet 0 somehow as I also corrected that for u not long time ago in the past through my final initial list topic.. together with too many other mistakes I have seen from ur side within ur texts of which I haven't even replied to.

Currently Grens can get 2 MP44 for 50 ammo.. 3 for free after 3 CPs unlock in Terror doc for a total of 5 MP44s.
But there is a Zeal unlock before this 3x MP44 unlock for 1 CP, so keep this in mind... I mean; u currently get 3x free MP44s actually after 4 CPs.

Wolf next suggestion so far is to remove the 3rd MP44 provided by the unlock, but as for now.. he only removed the possibility to buy the 2x MP44 50 ammo upgrade, just AFTER unlocking the Terror 3x MP44 item but those who had it before unlocking will simply remain... So they wouldn't be able to get 5 MP44s anymore but maximum 3! As long as the 3x MP44 item is unlocked which makes no sense to me btw.

Now read my suggestion again, or should I re-type it?

Wake wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:Rangers basic price need to be increased to 400, AB already get cheaper 101st now... Armor doc relies on tanks anyway.

I disagree. 400 MP for rangers would make them equivalent in price to normal Grenadiers which currently cost 400 MP, yet Grenadiers are better than Rangers in almost every single aspect.

Grens will be 410! So?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

They also have -25% supression and zeal which makes them more durable already after 1 loss, also they throw fire nades at much longer distance than AB do. With all you mentioned, quite a lot of buffs for a basic unit I would say.
Well...the bonuses give nice buffs but still - you need to lose men to activate them but the bonuses can never make up for lost man. So still I'd say that Def Grens should be more of a problem since their def bonus helps to keep them alive (and the bonuses are not small) thus you have more soldiers shooting. Yet still no complains about them, only Terror Grens. (I guess that BK Grens are off the picture since players use Storms instead).

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

I think that Zeal might be that what makes the difference, I still don't think that grens are somewhat OP in terror, but it is true that I forgot that zeal also gives out HP.

So, how about in addition to current changes to remove HP increase that zeal has, plus look at other stuff it gives. On the other hand, because I really really don't think grens are OP, I would not like to nerf them much if zeal is what makes them good for terror.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Tiger1996 wrote:
No, I can't stop asking for ACEs to become Vet2, they don't feel any different from normal ones.. they used to have Vet 3; that was the only thing that made them somewhat more unique from regular versions... Now u want it to come even at Vet 0??!! There is more than a reason to set it at Vet2, because the distinguished abilities are unlocked only at Vet2. How come an ACE be unable to use the special abilities and still need veterancy for them??!!

I actually agree with Tiger here. I might have been the person that suggested removing veterancy in the first place, but the result was similar to what Tiger describes. I think Tiger1996 is mostly referring to the Blitzkrieg Tiger Ace and its accurate long range shot (ALRS) ability here, but I'll use a different example.

The Pershing Ace previously came with vet 3, and it was a very good unit. Now it comes without that veterancy, and I think that it is a pretty shit tank. It costs 1450 MP and is bad vs infantry, so its purpose is to be a tank destroyer, to fight enemy Panthers and Tigers. But it fucking sucks at doing that - the Pershing Ace usually loses! And there are tanks that simply outclass the Pershing Ace at tank battles - if it sees a Koenigstiger or Jagdpanther it's fucked, not to mention the Elefant or Jagdtiger. In comparison, the Super Pershing is so much better.

This is a problem that I see. I'm not sure how to go about fixing it though. Currently, the Tiger Ace and Pershing Ace come with vet 1 and a tank commander inside who has vet 2.
Last edited by Wake on 06 Mar 2016, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

Wolf wrote:I think that Zeal might be that what makes the difference, I still don't think that grens are somewhat OP in terror, but it is true that I forgot that zeal also gives out HP.

Thanks to me :D As I was the first to point it out here.. :lol: then MarKr later came to confirm it... :P
Tiger1996 wrote:What about the zeal unlock?! Talking about this thing which we firstly manage to unlock before the MP44 item, it's located right above the MP44s Terror doc unlock for 1 CP... It doesn't give any bonuses??!!

Anyway, before nerfing the zeal.. let us know which bonuses exactly does this thing provide.
But u can't nerf the Zeal unlock together with removing the possibility to have 5 STG44s anymore! After the 3x free MP44s unlock... Just nonsense.

What about my suggestion here?! All docs should have 3 MP44s for 75 ammo, 2 free MP44s for Terror unlock being earlier available.. what do u think guys?

Rangers.. increase their basic price please... They can't be cheaper than 101st squads.
Not to mention that there is no need really for them now except in Inf doc which is already OP! Or do u somehow consider this very minor price changes for the mass production capabilities of the Inf doc as a nerf?? ^^

ACEs; go ahead and make them Vet2 regular units.. it's a good idea so far.

@Wake; Good to see u have edited ur post above, and +1 for ur last post ;)

aufklaerer1912

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

Interesting changes, but I think that CQB rangers could spawn only in buildings of a viewed territory, like sturmtroopers

Krieger Blitzer

aufklaerer1912 wrote:Interesting changes, but I think that CQB rangers could spawn only in buildings of a viewed territory, like sturmtroopers

YES! I also demanded this already... Same to SE doc Sabotage squads.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

aufklaerer1912 wrote:Interesting changes, but I think that CQB rangers could spawn only in buildings of a viewed territory, like sturmtroopers

That won't pass.

Krieger Blitzer

Why do u think so?? I think it can pass.

aufklaerer1912

Post by aufklaerer1912 »

Tiger1996 wrote:

YES! I also demanded this already... Same to SE doc Sabotage squads.

Good! I hope they'll do it. I would like to know in what way axis cannons are going to counter churchils, what are the changes?

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Units have different purposes, comparing them with storms is absolutely silly. They are sabotage and most usefull when you use them deep behind enemy lines, with this change they will loose a lot of their power which is not needed.

Krieger Blitzer

They are not airborne, they can't spawn in a building they can't see... U can still use them behind enemy lines.. just that u have to spot first!

We buffed the AT boys to counter Schwimms, and now we nerf all Schwims and Jeeps?? The WH Schwimm was often the only solution against CW in early game on low res.

The US 37mm AT gun crew... Don't forget about it guys.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:They are not airborne, they can't spawn in a building they can't see... U can still use them behind enemy lines.. just that u have to spot first!

Tiger should lose flank speed :twisted:

Krieger Blitzer

Still looking forward to see the flank speed totally removed from Tigers for earlier tank shock ability in return.

Who said this?? Guess who?? It's Tiger1996 :P

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Then let's go one step further!

Remove long range accurate shot! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Krieger Blitzer

HA HA HA, REALLY?? :D I swear that u know that I know that u know that I know that u r just kidding with this one... Noway!! :lol:

Stuart, isn't it going to be buffed btw?

I can see lots of things were just forgotten down here.

Viper

Post by Viper »

Wolf you forgot stuart :?:

Krieger Blitzer

seha wrote:Wolf you forgot stuart :?:

lolz I just edited my last post to type about the Stuart only few seconds before u manage to post this... :P

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Nope, MarKr is working on stuart right now... so ;)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Wolf wrote:Nope, MarKr is working on stuart right now... so ;)
M5 Stuart should have at least 50% of pen chance vs all Panzer IV up to F2 at longest distance.

Krieger Blitzer

Wolf wrote:Nope, MarKr is working on stuart right now... so ;)

MarKr does all the work, and u r just watching or what??? xDDD Joking.. oops... Just joking!!! xD
DON"T TAKE IT SRSLY, I AM JUST JOKING DOWN HERE :mrgreen: Joke aside 8-)
As I am pretty sure u do a lot as well ^^

Well, it's actually me who might be just watching.. although I guess I did something too :oops:

The next patch will be just a piece of cake! ^_^ Thanks to both of u guys in specific ;) We are all grateful :)

Still looking forward to hear ur opinion soon at some point though.. regarding my suggestion for the Grens.. as well as considering ACEs... The 200 popcap mode, V1 rocket and few more things! :P

Cheers.

JimQwilleran wrote: M5 Stuart should have at least 50% of pen chance vs all Panzer IV up to F2 at longest distance.

What? :?