Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Krieger Blitzer

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Wtf happened to AB bomb strike again? Recently two times it did a direct hit to PZ4 and Tiger and caused zero damage.

:D Wolf told me before through a testing game with him that he will actually tune down the AoE of this thing 'quite a bit' so; I guess he maybe did it.. but I am wondering now if this is really the result?? Well, looks like it's very hard to adjust... :P Being too OP or just totally useless!! Nothing fair in between??!! O.o

Anyway, back to the emplaced 88s.. something technical here that I would like to hint on... Generally all the AA emplacements in this game as I already mentioned before.. are mainly designed not to follow any commands or even any given orders as u can't guide them for some reasons, they randomly choose and pick their own targets while u can't ever interfere or change that. However that the reasons might be that if they were possible to guide at some point, then they would not shoot air planes whenever u manage ordering them to shoot another ground targets which does clearly contradict with their targeting priorities! Therefore, since that the emplaced 88s are also recognized as nothing but 'AA buildings' in the first place, they also respond, behave or react the exact same way! As I think this is the problem or this is in fact why the DF is not working for them as there is nothing wrong with the DF itself after all.

MarKr wrote:- luft 88 VT...can you provide more details? Under which circumstances some don't fire? Is there some number of 88s that works fine but from a certain ammount they don't...that sort of things.

Also, once again I think nothing is wrong here with the Luft 88s VT itself.. the whole problem is the 88s targeting priorities I believe... They just sometimes ignore the VT command ONLY IF there is another ground target in range!

I shortly mean that adding an AA firing mode to the 88s while reworking their targeting priorities to the standard form of any other AT guns.. could be the solution to all these 88 related issues!

- I guess we can bring down the effectivity of quad .50cal against planes a little bit.

CW Crusaders too btw.

And plz check the DF ability of the F1 as well, it's working fine but make sure it doesn't switch to the 88 files when it's activated somehow...

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Inf doc Jumbo has old HE system.

UPD: Also would be good if yellow sector color will be removed from SE sector arty, the problem is just like with Henchels and Thunderbolts before, enemy can see marked territory and just avoiding it till the end of ability time.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Tiger1996 wrote:
Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Wtf happened to AB bomb strike again? Recently two times it did a direct hit to PZ4 and Tiger and caused zero damage.

:D Wolf told me before through a testing game with him that he will actually tune down the AoE of this thing 'quite a bit' so; I guess he maybe did it.. but I am wondering now if this is really the result?? Well, looks like it's very hard to adjust... :P Being too OP or just totally useless!! Nothing fair in between??!! O.o

Seems so, but than this crap should be just kicked out of a mod and replaced with a rocket run, this lotterey for 200 ammo is just killing all fun and makes you want to deinstall the mod when you are strategically doing everything right, saving ammo and CP for using this bomb run and in result it deals not a even a scratch. I had several games yesterday and this bullshit really made me mad, 3 times in a row strike caused no any destructions and in another game where I played 1v1 as Terror vs Andrusha I won only because his Thunderbolt failed to kill my Panther G though, again, it was a direct hit.

UPD: Or make is as effective as in beta 1 but single bomb run should cost 250 ammo, patrol 300 ammo.

Krieger Blitzer

Or make is as effective as in beta 1 but single bomb run should cost 250 ammo, patrol 300 ammo.

Fully agreed.
I even already suggested this to Wolf in a PM before.. telling him that it would be perhaps the best solution, as it won't be that harmful either since that AB also has supply drops!
250-300 or maybe 235-285...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:UPD: Also would be good if yellow sector color will be removed from SE sector arty, the problem is just like with Henchels and Thunderbolts before, enemy can see marked territory and just avoiding it till the end of ability time.

That abillity 1 shots inf, it has to be marked. How would u know if ur units gonna die on this sector or it's just a wespe firing? Bad idea.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The AB bomb run is fixable. There are many options actually. Just saying.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Warhawks97 wrote:The AB bomb run is fixable. There are many options actually. Just saying.

Well the most obvious evidently doesnt work.

Krieger Blitzer

Didn't u change it once again on the 2nd beta in a try to tune it down a bit?
If yes, then Sukin already said it... As I am also just fine with it being like how it was in the first beta.. but with increased cost in return!
Currently from 200-265 to 235-300 ammo I think; which means +35 ammo for each.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Jesus, its not supposed to destroy everything all the time, when you don't really hit, so I told markr to tune it down on edges of AoE, but as it seems, it doesn't really work, as affecting edge is affecting everything I assume, or there is some other kind of problem.... its not like we decided to fuck that up like it seems from some messages I got.
It wasn't overnerfed, or is too cheap or whtaever, it just doesn't work as it should.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I think people want that a direct bomb hit kills a tank.

one option could be to set the damage modifier in the center from 1 to 2. The "short range circle" might be set from 4 to 2. That way it wouldnt blow every tank instantly when exploing in its near proximity but if it hits directly the tank should be destroyed as the bomb damage in the explosion center within a circle of 2 or 3 is then 1400 due to the x2 damage modifier.

A third bomb could also be added easily as well.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Well do you see that we set "DO 0 DAMAGE WHEN DIRECT BOMB HIT A TANK"? Nope.

It does 0 DAMAGE, that is the problem, not that it does 1x or 2x or bazilionx, it DOESN'T DO damage, so what the hell is "The "short range circle" might be set from 4 to 2. That way it wouldnt blow every tank instantly when exploing in its near proximity but if it hits directly the tank should be destroyed as the bomb damage in the explosion center within a circle of 2 or 3" good for? The problem should be logically in something else than DAMAGE of the center only. And I am pretty sure about that, as stupa did similar shit back there where it had 100% accuracy. We have to fix that it WORKS, we don't have a problem with range circles or whatever, we ofcourse can change them to be smaller, bigger or whatever, we are not stupid.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:Well do you see that we set "DO 0 DAMAGE WHEN DIRECT BOMB HIT A TANK"? Nope.

no, i didnt. Maybe set damage modifier in the bomb explosion center to 1.5 or 2. A third bomb can also help like !one bomb is bugged, the other two still work" which then increases the chance to actually deal damage. With the current two bombs its "hard to aim" as the is sometimes a large space between the bombs. That combined with one bomb bugging arround and the basic bomb damage that is hardly able to kill a Tank IV with zimmerit (its actually not even able) and the generally high cost of that raid simply causes that lottery.

Dont get me wrong. I dont care what you consider to do. I am just listing options, not giving an opinion. And i am also not offending anyone. So why so aggressive now? oO.

I didnt read the last pages so i am sorry if i did oversee something.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

You oversee that we set it how we want it to work, which also includes biggest damage in center of the blast, I just wanted lower damage on the edge of the circle, because it was devastating everywhere. But it doesn't work right.
Basic bomb damage is 700 if I am not mistaken with 2x multipliers to most of the tanks, that, combined with pretty big aoe in fact should be absolutely okay to destroy tigers or panthers, so I am not sure why zimmerit tankIV should be any problem...
Well even in that game with Tiger I destroyed panthers and tigers pretty easily, even two at once, so its definitely not damage value what is the problem, but the fact it doesnt do any damage at all sometimes.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Wolf wrote:Basic bomb damage is 700 if I am not mistaken with 2x multipliers to most of the tanks, that, combined with pretty big aoe in fact should be absolutely okay to destroy tigers or panthers, so I am not sure why zimmerit tankIV should be any problem...

I refered to the current 700 damage that is actually not able to blow a tank IV with zimmerit with a single hit. Both together might can if one hits directly and the other in the area. KT need to be hit by both bombs perfectly to be destroyed (and i think thats the case atm from my experiences).

with 1.5 modifier in the explosion center the the bomb would destroy at least mediums for sure with a direct hit (except if it is bugged).

A third bomb might help to "balance out" one bugged bomb. If one is bugged the raid would still have a good chance to actually cause some damage.

Krieger Blitzer

I don't like the idea of adding a third bomb...
And obviously it looks like that these kind of bombing run air strike explosions for Bk.. isn't really a successful project in terms of AoE, as we had similar problems with the Stuka bombs too which worked apparently the same shitty way.

Although that I still believe that it wasn't too bad in the 1st beta but only the price had to be adjusted!

However that btw I do have an idea; do u remember that video I made for the new diving Stuka bombs in Afrika?! ^^
Yes!! If u get my point already, I mean.. how about making it only a single one bomb that explodes like a long tom shell? :P
It could be a solution so far.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

so the most logical change would be to add a third bomb to achieve stable results.

Besides that the bomb run does quite well vs emplacments at least.

Also an option can be to unlock two air strikes that share a cooldown. The bombing run and a P-47 rocket strafe. One can be used to crack emplacments, the other to destroy tanks. I think most AB players atm complain mainly about poor options against axis armor (more or less all kind of axis armor when playing AB).

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Most logical change would be to fix that bug, not to add another bomb, that can bug also...

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

What is about some "wordless" units (without speech in action, selection, etc replics) - http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=984

Krieger Blitzer

If there is anything that should be really fixed with the sounds, then it's definitely the bug of the Luft Pioneers... Their weapons (MP44 and MP40) have mixed sound with FG42s!

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Also when you call the Jumbo its the pershing sound

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Somebody here reported that some tanks can move with the Static Position turned on - does this happen to some specific type of tank or is it a global issue? Also have you noticed under which circumstances it happens?

Also - a progress report on what I have done so far, considering your bug and balance repots:

Code: Select all

USA:
- new HE mode system applied to 75mm Jumbo
- All Quad .50cals and Dual .50cal on M15A1 should no longer be over-effective against PE planes (that means no "shot down before it enters the map")

CW:
- SAS Jeep and reward Tetrarch should be visible on minimap now
- Cromwell in HE mode should now have fixed accuracy values against most PE infantry (thanks to Warhawks for noticing the weird values)
- XP reward for destroying Churchill Crocodile increased to 25XP
- Churchill Tommy squad call-in should now have propper weapon loadout (that is 2x Bren + Rifle grenades)

WM:
- Fixed missing icons for Defensive artillery on command panel ability

PE:
- Fixed missing icons for Defensive artillery on buildings
- Luftwaffe doctrine Air recon is now performed by new BF109 plane (thanks to BurtonDrummerNY for model and Justforfun1 for skin)
- Hotchkiss should now be more vulnerable to main gun of Greyhounds, Stuarts, Tetrarchs and Daimlers (2pounder)
- Damage output and penetration chances of Hotchkiss gun against certain Allied tanks reworked
- Jagdpanther's Veteran Shot ability should not miss anymore
This is not final. We're working on other reported issues too.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:- Hotchkiss should now be more vulnerable to main gun of Greyhounds, Stuarts, Tetrarchs and Daimlers (2pounder)
- Damage output and penetration chances of Hotchkiss gun against certain Allied tanks reworked

Thx, this is really nice that you pay attention to our ideas :).
MarKr wrote:- Luftwaffe doctrine Air recon is now performed by new BF109 plane (thanks to BurtonDrummerNY for model and Justforfun1 for skin)

Oh cool, a new model :D!

Sukin-kot (SVT)

PE Puma with Pak 40 sometimes keeps crazy driving though you activate static position, also Scout Car can drive with broken engine if it got destroyed when vehicle was in lockdown mod.

Another thing, I think that new TH panzer is overpriced as hell, 65 fuel.... armor doc m4 costs 30 beeing not worse (higher speed, supression ability).

Krieger Blitzer

Somebody here reported that some tanks can move with the Static Position turned on - does this happen to some specific type of tank or is it a global issue? Also have you noticed under which circumstances it happens?

Global I think.
- XP reward for destroying Churchill Crocodile increased to 25XP

Could have been much higher than this to be honest, since I clearly asked for a minimum of 40 XP at least! But anyway...
- Luftwaffe doctrine Air recon is now performed by new BF109 plane (thanks to BurtonDrummerNY for model and Justforfun1 for skin)

A recon Stuka actually wasn't bad; as it was used to scare the opponent.. however that it's definitely a pleasure after all to see such a very nice model by JFF1 and Burton ;)
I think this is the new model...
http://www.moddb.com/mods/historical-ad ... 4#imagebox
- Jagdpanther's Veteran Shot ability should not miss anymore

Thx!
This is not final. We're working on other reported issues too.

Alright, only few things remaining so far.. the most serious ones are probably just the 3 snipers available for Inf doc as well as the DF for the emplaced 88s and the Johnson animation too... If ever possible.

Another thing, I think that new TH panzer is overpriced as hell, 65 fuel.... armor doc m4 costs 30 beeing not worse (higher speed, supression ability).

Well.. although that it does have HEAT rounds and stationary position but ya, overall -10 fuel could be fair... Or even maybe not! Not really sure.

PiotrW

Post by PiotrW »

Hello.
Is there any chance to release 3-rd beta ?.. TODAY ?

Tiny little Easter present for Blitzkriegers ?? :D