Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
User avatar
Wolf
Administrator
Posts: 994
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 16:01
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Wolf » 27 Mar 2016, 15:10

Not planned, but I probably can pack what we have in the evening...
Image

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 27 Mar 2016, 16:39

No need really to hurry up at all, u don't either have to upload anything unless it is 100% ready... As I also hope if the next beta will be identical to the final release.. hopefully! :)

Gurkenkilla
Posts: 24
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 15:01

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Gurkenkilla » 27 Mar 2016, 17:30

The icon of the new upgrade for the 101st in WSC is missing the blue arrow in the upper right corner that indicates that it's an upgrade.

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby JimQwilleran » 27 Mar 2016, 17:48

Gurkenkilla wrote:The icon of the new upgrade for the 101st in WSC is missing the blue arrow in the upper right corner that indicates that it's an upgrade.

Haha, nothing can hide from Bk player's eyes :D.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 2794
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby MarKr » 27 Mar 2016, 17:52

Well, upgrades that add something (ability, weapon etc.) have the blue arrow you speak about but upgrades/unlocks that lower price of something (e.g. the one that makes Infantry doc's infantry cheaper, or tank production cheaper etc.) have the dollar sign + white arrow pointing down. I followed this rule while making the icon. If it is such a drag it can be reworked but I don't think it is somehow gamebreaking :)
Image

Gurkenkilla
Posts: 24
Joined: 16 Aug 2015, 15:01

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Gurkenkilla » 27 Mar 2016, 18:14

It's not really a problem but I find it quite odd that all upgrades in the WSC have the arrow and the new one is the only one that doesn't. :D Anyway, the choice to add the arrow or not is up to you. ;)

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 28 Mar 2016, 01:08

Well, so I have now finally got the response regarding the emplaced 88s DF through a PM.
Oh, btw...emplaced 88s won't have DF. I came to conclusion that it is impossible to make it working on the emplaced version as the game engine doesn't allow to give direct attack orders to units inside buildings. Any emplacement in the game is (by the game engine) perceived as building, in which is garrisoned a squad with a team weapon, since you cannot select the squad directly, you're actually giving an attack order to the building (which itself has no weapon) and not to the squad inside, therefore the squad inside emplacement choses targets based on their targetting priority in target tables. I'm affraid there's nothing we can do about this.

Now.. only now... I have truly realized why the old devs never managed to give this ability for the emplaced versions.
I have also truly realized why they made the naked 88s more appealing with more range combined with better resistance against arty shells while at the same time almost completely neglecting the emplaced versions by giving them less range too.. as I believe Xalibur was even thinking to entierly remove them out of the game later at some point!

Not only emplaced 88s... But also all the AA emplacements actually. However that the 88s are most hurting due to their high cost!!
The message is clear... We will be never able to take control of our emplaced 88s :(

It's useless this way.. because u can't ever order it to shoot a certain target if u wanted!
Means... It's very easy to overrun using inf just by distracting it so easily, meh.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 2794
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby MarKr » 28 Mar 2016, 01:43

You are kinda twisting things and making them worse than they are in this "drama" post...
First of all:
I have also truly realized why they made the naked 88s more appealing with more range combined with better resistance against arty shells while at the same time almost completely neglecting the emplaced versions by giving them less range too..
I doubt the emplaced 88s were given less range on purpose. If it were as you say then the shorter range would have been applied in much simpler way than it was. From what I can tell it was simply an oversight of a restriction that was created by the way new things are added to the game very often - copying existing stuff and then modifying it for new purpose...the range restriction was overlooked on the emplacements.

as I believe Xalibur was even thinking to entierly remove them out of the game later at some point!
Well...you said it - "I BELIEVE"...I don't believe he was going to do that.

Not only emplaced 88s... But also all the AA emplacements actually.
You mean he was planning on removing emplaced AA positions? I'm willing to believe THAT even less than that he was planning on removing the emplced 88s (and I don't believe that at all).

However that the 88s are most hurting due to their high cost!!
Isn't it player's choice to build them or not?
We will be never able to take control of our emplaced 88s :(
From what I can say, you're probaly right.
It's useless this way.. because u can't ever order it to shoot a certain target if u wanted!
As I already told you - in a certain way it might be less useful than the naked version but to say it is "useles"? Really? a gun that automatically rotates 360° without the need to make it face a certain direction, has bigger range than any allied tank, has fricking huge accuracy at any distance, even with AP ammo can snipe infantry, not to mention devastating effect of HE ammo on infantry, can one-shot most of allied tanks. All in all it is anti-infantry, anti-tank, anti-air gun and arty gun...yeah, totally useless :roll:
Means... It's very easy to overrun using inf just by distracting it so easily, meh.
Ehm...yeah...so if you use several squads you can overrun it if it is left unprotected...which is totally impossible to do to the naked version.
Image

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 28 Mar 2016, 09:30

As I already told you - in a certain way it might be less useful than the naked version but to say it is "useles"? Really? a gun that automatically rotates 360° without the need to make it face a certain direction, has bigger range than any allied tank, has fricking huge accuracy at any distance, even with AP ammo can snipe infantry, not to mention devastating effect of HE ammo on infantry, can one-shot most of allied tanks. All in all it is anti-infantry, anti-tank, anti-air gun and arty gun...yeah, totally useless :roll:

Why would anyone ever choose to build the more expensive emplaced 88s while he knows they aren't any better than the naked ones? This is my point.. they will be just useless in terms of this.
It provides more protection being an emplacement but... This is not a good deal when u can't order it to shoot at the target which u exactly desire! This is a very big disadvantage indeed.
Ehm...yeah...so if you use several squads you can overrun it if it is left unprotected...which is totally impossible to do to the naked version.

U can so simply distract it with anything cheap such as a Jeep for example as u could then also manage to quickly run into it with a flamethrower squad on the other hand in order to burn the crew and capture it; now guess what? U can also remove it as u have the option to double click the delete button anytime since it's nothing but an emplacement which is something u can't do with the naked ones too! And don't tell me the guy who built it while paying lots of res would also have to instantly delete it when he sees a flame squad running into it while it fires at another just cause he can't do anything except to watch it being captured or to delete it...

And what if I have HE rounds loaded where there is a Sherman and a Ranger squad both in range?? It will choose to fire at the Sherman, right???!!! Sadly.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 2794
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby MarKr » 28 Mar 2016, 10:14

This is my point.. they will be just useless in terms of this.
Being useless in this terms hardly equals "useless in general" and still I don't think it is useless...maybe less practical.

It provides more protection being an emplacement but... This is not a good deal when u can't order it to shoot at the target which u exactly desire! This is a very big disadvantage indeed.
I'd simply say the targetting is a dissadvantage over the naked one but the crew is better protected from bullets and I think arty too...ofcourse direct/very close hit is still deadly. My point here is that by saying "it is BIG disadvantage", "it is USELESS" etc. you're just making it look worse than it is...sure, this is another one of those "point of view" things but nobody forces you to build them. If you don't find them useful, don't use them.

U can so simply distract it with anything cheap such as a Jeep for example as u could then also manage to quickly run into it with a flamethrower squad on the other hand in order to burn the crew and capture it
Dude, I just said that both versions are easy to take down IF YOU LEAVE THEM WITHOUT SUPPORT. If the gun stands there alone, guess what? Oh look a that tiny mortar showered 88 with smoke shells! Well now the 88 has lowered accuracy by 75%...you don't even need to sacrifice the jeep and now the flamethrower decrews the gun too (naked or emplaced, doesn't matter). So keep soldiers around and your chances go up.
We could make up these scenarios for days...it is about player's creativity.

And what if I have HE rounds loaded where there is a Sherman and a Ranger squad both in range?? It will choose to fire at the Sherman, right???!!!
Yes. But guess what ??????????!!!!!!!!!!! The targetting priority of units could be reworked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Image

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 28 Mar 2016, 10:32

I am just shocked with the fact that we can't add the DF ability to this thing :(
Yes. But guess what ??????????!!!!!!!!!!! The targetting priority of units could be reworked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But oh fine, as I would be more than grateful then if u tweaked it more precisely for 88s.. I am not sure if it's possible or not... However that the HE rounds should always favor targeting any inf than tanks; while both AP and APCR rounds should always favor tanks.
Surely aircrafts should remain being the highest priority in both cases anyway...

User avatar
XAHTEP39
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 May 2015, 12:34
Location: Saint-Peterburg, Russia

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby XAHTEP39 » 28 Mar 2016, 21:39

Bug with S.Mine 35 by DemoStorms is still exists (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1019&start=125#p11313)
1) S.Mine 35, which plants by DemoStorms is not marked on the map (Stockmine 43 by Pioneers in same map is marked on map). :|
2) DemoStorms didn`t plants S.Mines 35 as other units with mines in new system "shift+click-click-click-click...", they plant mine only "one direct click by one direct click". I think the reason is that DemoStorms S.Mine 35 is "ability", but other units plant mines as "building menu".

Although Gebirgs can to plant many-many AP Schutzemines 42 (it is "ability" for Gebirgs) in new system "shift+click-click-click-click..." ...

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 31 Mar 2016, 12:58

So? I wish if everything is doing well so far...
And I repeat it again, if u guys are unable to correctly adjust the AoE of the AB bombing run air strike.. then u don't have to waste the time at all as u could just set it to exactly like how it was on the 1st beta only with higher price and that's it!
I believe it was really fine in fact, it felt quite OP only due to the cheap cost but I actually managed to survive or avoide it multipe times.

The next beta will be tweaking the ALRS further again although that it has been already reverted to what is before 490, yet I guess I still found something quite weird with the current functions as I then told MarKr about it.. hope if it's going to be the last time ever to modify it hopefully! I will have to check it out together also with the JP's VS ability even more precisely on the next beta.

Let me hint on it once more, the glitch of the 3 snipers available for the Inf doc is a very important matter that must be fixed... I would say to just completely remove that one from the truck.

Don't forget to remove the ability icon of the Armor doc 'War Machinery' (which replaces tanks) from above the head of each tank as long as the ability is active if ever possible...

Suppression ability to the new F1 won't hurt btw, and I believe the Panther G needs it too.
Blitz doc Tiger for example has it while we know the gunner even can't die, then why shouldn't the G also get it although that the gunner is not immortal on the other hand? Gammon bombs just easily wreck all these tanks without suppression.

I would be grateful if both the SP and the JT together with the Elephant would no longer provide extra TCs plz.

7 UKvaultman maps together with only the first 8 ones I selected... Equals 15 in total, the maximum is 30.. I just wonder considering the maps!

Best of luck :)

Dr. Zhivago
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 19:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Dr. Zhivago » 31 Mar 2016, 13:42

Are there any chances you will fix terror doc? It is the biggest balance issue of mod currently, I see double-triple terror every second game, wtf is the purpose of this doc? If player cant choose between arty/inf/tanks doc he can pick Terror which has everything?

The ultimate win formula which works in the hands of every noob:
1) Build only defencive stuff at the beginning - 2 snipers, 2 pak 38, MG42 and Puma to prevent glyders,so allies wont have any chances for early breakthrough, remember, dont atack, just stand still.
2) Got a heavy tank factory? Cool, now you can build one of the most powerfull arty units in game (which doesn require any CP, nobody knows why) Got walking stuka? Nice, dont forget not to atack, now you have a thing which can blow the entire armies with a single salvo. Start making some kills with Stuka, is fast, it doest have any freezing time before the barrage, it performs its shots in a few seconds so that there is no allied arty can counter it, also its rockets fly with a staight traectory so that not a single tank can drive away from his.
3) Scored enough kills and unlocked Panther G? Well done, build one and park it near the front, congratulations, since now you dont even need recons anymore, just stand still with your Panther and keep scoring kills with Walking Stuka, if you are sure that all 17 pounders and Hellcats are down you can go forward and finish everything with Panther, if not...... just stay.

4) Follow step 3) untill you wont have 2-3 Panthers or KT, then go and overrun everything. The end.

Besides this you also can build grens with the best weapon of the game for free, they also have the best granades and throw them more far than AB units. I cant believe devs removed KCH with the reason "OP" and added infantry which just as good as all elites but unlimited, cheap, all best weapons (mg42, schreck, stg44 free of charge, fire nades and even VT)

There are at least 2 things which nessessary to fix:

a) Walking stuka, why the hell it doesnt require CP??? It have to be a pure late game unit in my opinion, available after 6 CP at least ( Armor doc has crap calliop after 5 CP )
b) Panther G sight, its just ridicolous, when there are a couple of G's on the field axis stop building recons because this unit is a fucking armore recon which shreds any inf and tanks in a blink of an eye, this sight makes impossible to create any kind of trap or ambush, since Panther can see all your moves beforehand. Just kick that crap out and make a normal periscope.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 31 Mar 2016, 14:24

I have seen double and triple Inf doc much more times than double or triple Terror!!
Terror has lots of weak points in mid game.. which will force the Terror player to play more aggressively in early game or he will be totally dominated therefore in mid game even against Churchills and Crusaders if he hadn't held a good position in the early stage of the game.
Terror lacks a good medium tank in mid game such as the Pz4 H, not to mention that the Panther G even comes later than the Pershing with less HP too... Terror has absolutely no inf units that could camo while the inf doc on the other hand is way much powerful in mid game with early Jumbos and even more deadly in late game with cheap Rangers everywhere with camo ability and effective cheap weapons which is a very effective way to stop the Grens by ambushing them quite easily! CBQ can also camo as well as being capable to come out of any buildings anywhere even when it's out of sight too in order to quickly wipe any retreating units or destroy arty pieces far away behind enemy lines...
And due to cheaper Rangers, Inf doc is also able to easier save up for snipers than Terror!
Scotts and Quad HTs from Armor doc are also a good counter to Grens.
And what the heck is this btw?
if you are sure that all 17 pounders and Hellcats are down you can go forward and finish everything with Panther, if not...... just stay.

Really??!! Just stay??? How on earth??? Allies got no arty or what???!!!
Above all Terror also lacks good AA, and there is nothing easier than to kill a KT... Typhoons or AB planes, Gammon bombs.. Long Tom as well as the SP that comes only after 9 CPs.. also both the AT mines together with tank traps which are available in all US docs.
Got walking stuka? Nice, dont forget not to atack, now you have a thing which can blow the entire armies with a single salvo. Start making some kills with Stuka, is fast, it doest have any freezing time before the barrage, it performs its shots in a few seconds so that there is no allied arty can counter it, also its rockets fly with a staight traectory so that not a single tank can drive away from his.

Ever been told that it's also very inaccurate or that it sometimes directly hits without dealing any damage??
Walking Stuka is not cheap anyhow... And does not come earlier than the 75mm HTs from RA doc which are unlimited yet while being very precise, Blitz doc lacks arty; now u want Terror to lack arty as well?? The Allied are already fking freaks with arty anyway... So, it's quite a surprise to see someone complaining about the enemy arty while playing Allies!!

I would say to stop whining about Terror... Really enough!

JimQwilleran
Posts: 1107
Joined: 07 Jan 2015, 15:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby JimQwilleran » 31 Mar 2016, 15:21

Dr. Zhivago wrote:Are there any chances you will fix terror doc? It is the biggest balance issue of mod currently, I see double-triple terror every second game, wtf is the purpose of this doc? If player cant choose between arty/inf/tanks doc he can pick Terror which has everything?

The ultimate win formula which works in the hands of every noob:
1) Build only defencive stuff at the beginning - 2 snipers, 2 pak 38, MG42 and Puma to prevent glyders,so allies wont have any chances for early breakthrough, remember, dont atack, just stand still.
2) Got a heavy tank factory? Cool, now you can build one of the most powerfull arty units in game (which doesn require any CP, nobody knows why) Got walking stuka? Nice, dont forget not to atack, now you have a thing which can blow the entire armies with a single salvo. Start making some kills with Stuka, is fast, it doest have any freezing time before the barrage, it performs its shots in a few seconds so that there is no allied arty can counter it, also its rockets fly with a staight traectory so that not a single tank can drive away from his.
3) Scored enough kills and unlocked Panther G? Well done, build one and park it near the front, congratulations, since now you dont even need recons anymore, just stand still with your Panther and keep scoring kills with Walking Stuka, if you are sure that all 17 pounders and Hellcats are down you can go forward and finish everything with Panther, if not...... just stay.

4) Follow step 3) untill you wont have 2-3 Panthers or KT, then go and overrun everything. The end.

Besides this you also can build grens with the best weapon of the game for free, they also have the best granades and throw them more far than AB units. I cant believe devs removed KCH with the reason "OP" and added infantry which just as good as all elites but unlimited, cheap, all best weapons (mg42, schreck, stg44 free of charge, fire nades and even VT)

There are at least 2 things which nessessary to fix:

a) Walking stuka, why the hell it doesnt require CP??? It have to be a pure late game unit in my opinion, available after 6 CP at least ( Armor doc has crap calliop after 5 CP )
b) Panther G sight, its just ridicolous, when there are a couple of G's on the field axis stop building recons because this unit is a fucking armore recon which shreds any inf and tanks in a blink of an eye, this sight makes impossible to create any kind of trap or ambush, since Panther can see all your moves beforehand. Just kick that crap out and make a normal periscope.

+1, I mostly agree with u. Tiger's counterarguments are not really convincing I think. But on the other hand I would say that you kinda exaggerated the "sitting at front Panther, kill everything with stuka". Still, I agree that Terror should be pushed in one of the specializations: either they should be more about inf, or more tanks, or more fire support.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 31 Mar 2016, 15:33

He completely exaggeratted in fact; Terror is not OP since it does have enough weak points, Inf doc might be even much more devastating than Terror actually... Literally every single game there must be at least 1 or 2 Inf doc players on the Allied side.. while they keep losing lots of units but even yet they are often still winning it at the end after all.

There is noway possible to weaken the Terror doc more than this.. specifically if the Inf doc would remain as crazy as it is...

User avatar
Wolf
Administrator
Posts: 994
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 16:01
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Wolf » 31 Mar 2016, 15:38

Not long ago, people were complaining about that stuka barrage is innacurate, doesn"t do much and expensive. If there are 3 terror players, can you imagine 3 RA players? Its not like its impossible, there would be arty everywhere... we cant really do anything if people decide to use 3 doctrines... can you imagine 3 RAF (people were complaining about that too). Ofcourse that if somebody selects three same doctrines you will feel like there are the same units everywhere, but the other units are missing. So if you play against same doctrines, you either have to use combination of units/stuff, that they don"t have, like tiger said, they dont have camo. Or have doctrines that can deal with them most.
As Grens go - we removed that zeal hp stuff, changed price a bit, changed MP44 availability (and I said multiple times that we can down it from 3 to 2), and you mention how they have VT, again, forgetting how half of you cried like 2 nebels cant do shit and that VT is useless? How can we balance something, when at first its like you have to buff this and three months later "zomg, how can they have this OP stuff".
Also not long ago, people were complaining about how german tanks doesn't feel good anymore, that they are killed by everything, immobilised by everything, so we partly fixed that. We also increased panther G price this patch. Yes I am willing to talk about that Panther G sight, feel free to post suggestions about that. About its durability and staying on front... well, if AB planes would be working properly like they should, one panther might aswell be few munnition for an airstrike and its staying on front destroyed. Will there be another topic about how expensive german tanks are destroyed by simple airstrike?
Image

Dr. Zhivago
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 19:05

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Dr. Zhivago » 31 Mar 2016, 15:47

JimQwilleran wrote:
Dr. Zhivago wrote:Are there any chances you will fix terror doc? It is the biggest balance issue of mod currently, I see double-triple terror every second game, wtf is the purpose of this doc? If player cant choose between arty/inf/tanks doc he can pick Terror which has everything?

The ultimate win formula which works in the hands of every noob:
1) Build only defencive stuff at the beginning - 2 snipers, 2 pak 38, MG42 and Puma to prevent glyders,so allies wont have any chances for early breakthrough, remember, dont atack, just stand still.
2) Got a heavy tank factory? Cool, now you can build one of the most powerfull arty units in game (which doesn require any CP, nobody knows why) Got walking stuka? Nice, dont forget not to atack, now you have a thing which can blow the entire armies with a single salvo. Start making some kills with Stuka, is fast, it doest have any freezing time before the barrage, it performs its shots in a few seconds so that there is no allied arty can counter it, also its rockets fly with a staight traectory so that not a single tank can drive away from his.
3) Scored enough kills and unlocked Panther G? Well done, build one and park it near the front, congratulations, since now you dont even need recons anymore, just stand still with your Panther and keep scoring kills with Walking Stuka, if you are sure that all 17 pounders and Hellcats are down you can go forward and finish everything with Panther, if not...... just stay.

4) Follow step 3) untill you wont have 2-3 Panthers or KT, then go and overrun everything. The end.

Besides this you also can build grens with the best weapon of the game for free, they also have the best granades and throw them more far than AB units. I cant believe devs removed KCH with the reason "OP" and added infantry which just as good as all elites but unlimited, cheap, all best weapons (mg42, schreck, stg44 free of charge, fire nades and even VT)

There are at least 2 things which nessessary to fix:

a) Walking stuka, why the hell it doesnt require CP??? It have to be a pure late game unit in my opinion, available after 6 CP at least ( Armor doc has crap calliop after 5 CP )
b) Panther G sight, its just ridicolous, when there are a couple of G's on the field axis stop building recons because this unit is a fucking armore recon which shreds any inf and tanks in a blink of an eye, this sight makes impossible to create any kind of trap or ambush, since Panther can see all your moves beforehand. Just kick that crap out and make a normal periscope.

+1, I mostly agree with u. Tiger's counterarguments are not really convincing I think. But on the other hand I would say that you kinda exaggerated the "sitting at front Panther, kill everything with stuka". Still, I agree that Terror should be pushed in one of the specializations: either they should be more about inf, or more tanks, or more fire support.

I oversimplified some things for sure, but overall it looks pretty much like this. Later I will upload several replays where things went exactly how I described.

@Tiger.

Inf doc is powerfull first 25-30 minutes due to nice set of early unlocks ( cqb with boobies, Jumbo, arty strike ) but in late game imho its the most useless allied doc, it doesnt have a reliable counter to panthers and tigers, it cant counter any motorized arty and it may struggle against stream of veted grens and storms, pretty much that. Terror on the other hand has UNLIMITED POWER ( Palpatin pic. ) in late game and can stop several doc alone. Another point is that you must have an incredible micro skills in order to play inf doc anyhow effectively.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 31 Mar 2016, 15:57

@Wolf;
+1 to this post above!!!
And also from my side, I am more than satisfied with the current state after these changes of this upcoming patch.. I believe that absolutely no further tweaks or any other changes are needed considering this matter... Even u don't have to weaken the Panther G's sight or make it more expensive anyhow; as it's more expensive already than the Pershing since u have also lowered the price of the Pershing together with increasing the price of the Panther.. while being later available than the Pershing as well besides that it's the only true reliable tank for Terror. There is no need to decrease the number of MP44s either! It requires 4 CPs.

@Dr;
I can also provide hundreds of game replays where Inf doc went super crazy only thanks to tank traps and 107 mortars... lol

Inf doc has tank traps, AT emplacements and heavy mines together with Long Tom and as I said, endless cheap Rangers with less expensive weapons plus camo... Can't agree that it's weak in late game anyhow!

User avatar
Panzer-Lehr-Division
Posts: 464
Joined: 12 Dec 2014, 14:03

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Panzer-Lehr-Division » 31 Mar 2016, 17:46

Wolf wrote:Not long ago, people were complaining about that stuka barrage is innacurate, doesn"t do much and expensive. If there are 3 terror players, can you imagine 3 RA players? Its not like its impossible, there would be arty everywhere... we cant really do anything if people decide to use 3 doctrines... can you imagine 3 RAF (people were complaining about that too). Ofcourse that if somebody selects three same doctrines you will feel like there are the same units everywhere, but the other units are missing. So if you play against same doctrines, you either have to use combination of units/stuff, that they don"t have, like tiger said, they dont have camo.
As Grens go - we removed that zeal hp stuff, changed price a bit, changed MP44 availability (and I said multiple times that we can down it from 3 to 2), and you mention how they have VT, again, forgetting how half of you cried like 2 nebels cant do shit and that VT is useless? How can we balance something, when at first its like you have to buff this and three months later "zomg, how can they have this OP stuff".
Also not long ago, people were complaining about how german tanks doesn't feel good anymore, that they are killed by everything, immobilised by everything, so we partly fixed that. We also increased panther G price this patch. Yes I am willing to talk about that Panther G sight, feel free to post suggestions about that. About its durability and staying on front... well, if AB planes would be working properly like they should, one panther might aswell be few munnition for an airstrike and its staying on front destroyed. Will there be another topic about how expensive german tanks are destroyed by simple airstrike?


999+

Finaly someone noticed it finaly *-* Love you wolf.
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

User avatar
Sukin-kot (SVT)
Posts: 857
Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 08:36
Location: Ekaterinburg, Russia

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Sukin-kot (SVT) » 31 Mar 2016, 20:50

Wolf wrote:Not long ago, people were complaining about that stuka barrage is innacurate, doesn"t do much and expensive. If there are 3 terror players, can you imagine 3 RA players? Its not like its impossible, there would be arty everywhere... we cant really do anything if people decide to use 3 doctrines... can you imagine 3 RAF (people were complaining about that too). Ofcourse that if somebody selects three same doctrines you will feel like there are the same units everywhere, but the other units are missing. So if you play against same doctrines, you either have to use combination of units/stuff, that they don"t have, like tiger said, they dont have camo. Or have doctrines that can deal with them most.
As Grens go - we removed that zeal hp stuff, changed price a bit, changed MP44 availability (and I said multiple times that we can down it from 3 to 2), and you mention how they have VT, again, forgetting how half of you cried like 2 nebels cant do shit and that VT is useless? How can we balance something, when at first its like you have to buff this and three months later "zomg, how can they have this OP stuff".
Also not long ago, people were complaining about how german tanks doesn't feel good anymore, that they are killed by everything, immobilised by everything, so we partly fixed that. We also increased panther G price this patch. Yes I am willing to talk about that Panther G sight, feel free to post suggestions about that. About its durability and staying on front... well, if AB planes would be working properly like they should, one panther might aswell be few munnition for an airstrike and its staying on front destroyed. Will there be another topic about how expensive german tanks are destroyed by simple airstrike?

I think Stuka should require some CP and panther's periscope should cost more than 75 ammo, this is a standard price for all of them, but panther's one is much more effective obviously.

And your example about multiple docs is not valid at all, things is that all docs have some weak spots even in late game, if you will go triple CW arty how will you even atack? Or how will you brake a heavy defense with triple RAF? Terror on the other hand can provide everything: super tanks, very good arty and competitive infantry, that's something no any other doc can do.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 31 Mar 2016, 21:25

Again;
The Panther G's scope upgrade is at the right cost... It's a late game tank which is now more expensive than the Pershing too, although it has less HP.

Keep in mind btw that even now the RE doc reconnaissance capabilites has been also improved as it's going to have the Dingo which can provide huge spotting sight range and/or cap points as well, yet without losing the Recce for sure...

Walking Stuka CAN'T require CPs as it often misses the target or directly hits without dealing any decent amount of damage!
Not to mention that u could easily hunt it down too while it's not cheap anyhow...

And the Terror doc weak points were mentioned several times already, I don't think I have to repeat them once more.

RellHaiser
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Mar 2016, 20:52
Location: Edmonton, Canada

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby RellHaiser » 31 Mar 2016, 21:39

Tiger1996 wrote:Keep in mind btw that even now the RE doc reconnaissance capabilites has been also improved as it's going to have the Dingo which can provide huge spotting sight range and/or cap points as well, yet without losing the Recce for sure...

Walking Stuka CAN'T require CPs as it often misses the target or directly hits without dealing any decent amount of damage!
Not to mention that u could easily hunt it down too...

And the Terror doc weak points were mentioned several times already, I don't think I have to repeat them once more.


RE's Stuart Recce gets Mark Target instead of Binos (which are for RAF). I will however confess that while testing Beta 2 I have become very fond of the Dingo. I just wish I didn't have to sacrifice the iconic Universal Carrier in order to use it.

I do otherwise mostly agree with you. Rather than try to nerf Terror into the dirt we would likely be better off waiting and seeing how things play out with the changes already being made here.

User avatar
Tiger1996
Posts: 3887
Joined: 06 Dec 2014, 15:53
Location: I'm from Egypt, but I live in Qatar.
Contact:

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Postby Tiger1996 » 31 Mar 2016, 22:15

I just wish I didn't have to sacrifice the iconic Universal Carrier in order to use it.

Hmm, the Bren Carrier sadly has some bugs... So; I am quite happy that it's replaced by the Dingo now! :P


Return to “Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests