Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
MarKr
Team Member

Re: Blitzkrieg Mod 4.9.5 Beta Patch Preview

Post by MarKr »

Well yeah, illa... That sounds exactly like the weapon reload thing Wolf talked about... It was introduced as fix for another bug... This side effect was unforseen. We're working on it...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Oh, ok. Also it's a bit hard to put dingo near to a bush to get it camoed, because it drives over the bushes :D.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

MarKr wrote:Well yeah, illa... That sounds exactly like the weapon reload thing Wolf talked about... It was introduced as fix for another bug... This side effect was unforseen. We're working on it...
No, this is a separate problem. What illa means, is that solders literally jump around like retards instead of shooting, and also they are unable to shoot for some time even if you lock them up with hold position. This doesn't happen all the time though, 50/50. I'm absolutely certain that my unit was reloaded long time ago.

Wolf wrote:Aces are not boring, for those who use them. Which gets back to -> if you don't think they are worth it, don't get them.

I didn't mean current ACEs are boring. I don't like the whole idea of ACEs as some magic tanks, which are actually completely the same as the one from tank depot but cost no fuel and are magically better (as you said more HP, reload etc.)
What i said it's boring, is the call in of regular tanks with commander and vet2 instead of ACEs. That is in my opinion "boring" concept, unappealing. Doesn't mean it's boring to play with the unit. I mean seriously guys, you would get the same tank you researched with CP before, just use addition 3/4 CP and get the same except with vet2 and successfully surpassing the need of fuel.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Devilfish wrote:
MarKr wrote:Well yeah, illa... That sounds exactly like the weapon reload thing Wolf talked about... It was introduced as fix for another bug... This side effect was unforseen. We're working on it...
No, this is a separate problem. What illa means, is that solders literally jump around like retards instead of shooting, and also they are unable to shoot for some time even if you lock them up with hold position. This doesn't happen all the time though, 50/50. I'm absolutely certain that my unit was reloaded long time ago.

Jumping like idiots with AT weapons is because of the AI, CQB Zooka ability bug is because of the new changes that has been applied for all handheld AT weapons regarding the reload consequence in order to fix some bugs... MarKr here was more specifically referring at the CQB Zooka ability bug.
Devilfish wrote:
Wolf wrote:Aces are not boring, for those who use them. Which gets back to -> if you don't think they are worth it, don't get them.

I didn't mean current ACEs are boring. I don't like the whole idea of ACEs as some magic tanks, which are actually completely the same as the one from tank depot but cost no fuel and are magically better (as you said more HP, reload etc.)
What i said it's boring, is the call in of regular tanks with commander and vet2 instead of ACEs. That is in my opinion "boring" concept, unappealing. Doesn't mean it's boring to play with the unit. I mean seriously guys, you would get the same tank you researched with CP before, just use addition 3/4 CP and get the same except with vet2 and successfully surpassing the need of fuel.

The best suggestion right now, is both to just remain having these ACE stats as they currently are... Both to become Vet 2 as well; to Vet0 commander in return.. but Tiger Ace should then cost 1750MP still without a Storm squad combined! PAce will be still 1450MP as it is without any cost changes.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Ye, or just even kick commander out of there, so it will be vet. 2 and ace stats, prices will remain the same.

Edit 1: I have a ballance issue regarding walking stuka. There are 2 types of arty units in the game, the ones with long barrage (priests, Wespes, Hummels, Arty Sherman, Cali) what makes them possible to counter while they perform their barrage, and the ones with short fast barrages ( Rocket Jeep, Nebelwerfers, Maultier, 75mm Howitzers ) which therefor have some freezing times before or after the barrage, which also makes them possible to counter. Walking stuka is out of this categories, it makes the barrage with MASSIVE damage in a few seconds without any aiming or cooldowns and then drives away with its high speed, I think it should have 5 seconds delay before the barrage because currently its literally impossible to counter it even with veted priest since it fires the rockets in 2-3 secs then hiding back in a fog of war.

Also I would increase the price of Panther G periscope to 100 ammo since it turns this tank into ultimate armored recon, it's not cool that all other tanks pay 75 ammo for slight sight boosts when Panther gets sniper tank with an incredible sigth for the same cost ( apparantly it also gives a boost to a mounted mg42 ).

Edit 2: Also check Stuka planes HP or effectivness of base AA against them, really often they get shot down by base AA's right after entering the map, even if you send them in the area where there is no AA at all :cry: Another weird thing is Henchel patrool, it works very strange, sometimes it targets infantry instead of tanks, sometimes planes do not appear at all though there are many tanks in the sector and sometimes they cant hit shit even though you have a perfect sight on enemy tanks, see the replay below, there my Stukas were shot down 7 times in a row though they didnt have any AA except base defences. Henchels have been used 4 times and not a single shell did damage:D.
Attachments
4p_duclair.2016-03-12.02-19-23.rec
(4.06 MiB) Downloaded 33 times

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

JimQwilleran wrote:Oh, ok. Also it's a bit hard to put dingo near to a bush to get it camoed, because it drives over the bushes :D.
I noticed this too but forgot to make a note and then forgot to change it :D Thanks for reminder.

Tiger1996 wrote:MarKr here was more specifically referring at the CQB Zooka ability bug.
No, I was talking about infantry ATs in general.
Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Also check Stuka planes HP or effectivness of base AA against them, really often they get shot down by base AA's right after entering the map, even if you send them in the area where there is no AA at all
Weird...makes no sense at all :?

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Another weird thing is Henchel patrool, it works very strange, sometimes it targets infantry instead of tanks, sometimes planes do not appear at all though there are many tanks in the sector and sometimes they cant hit shit even though you have a perfect sight on enemy tank
This is also weird...the only thing changed for the Henschels was the icon on the ground no targetting priorities were changed...also the Henschels sometimes missed even before but they do not cause any explosions so people usually don't notice that.

PiotrW

Post by PiotrW »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Also check Stuka planes HP or effectivness of base AA against them, really often they get shot down by base AA's right after entering the map, even if you send them in the area where there is no AA at all
Weird...makes no sense at all :?

This bug was first introduced in 4.8.5.0 here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=341

some more technical explanation by MarKr here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=403

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Another weird thing is Henchel patrool, it works very strange, sometimes it targets infantry instead of tanks, sometimes planes do not appear at all though there are many tanks in the sector and sometimes they cant hit shit even though you have a perfect sight on enemy tank
This is also weird...the only thing changed for the Henschels was the icon on the ground no targetting priorities were changed...also the Henschels sometimes missed even before but they do not cause any explosions so people usually don't notice that.[/quote]

Henschels strange behavior is a "AA bug effect". Watch your replay closely:
- 1,2,3 and 4th Stuka attempt was shot down by base AA (planes was passing over base sector),
- Henschels crossing base sector - "DEAD ON ARRIVAL",
- Henschels avoiding base sector performed... random,
- Henschel will arrive only when there is a tank - target in inner white circle (icon on minimap) ?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
- Henschel support consist of 5-6 (i'm not sure) planes ? If 3-4 are DOA... the rest won't do too much damage...

Anyway... US quad 50. AA is overperforming against ANY Luft plane.

Problem is much worse when playing against AI - there is Q50.AA built in every sector, so calling Henschel support is suicidal.
It's "raining planes" :P

Krieger Blitzer

Tiger1996 wrote:So I think I will keep my opinion clear on this one, however that I believe it's still alright after all; as I will probably have to respect ur decision here, nevertheless... I am actually still waiting a final word from u to each point of the following:-
1) Rangers basic price... They can't cost 360MP now while being cheaper than 101st squads anymore, they also can't cost 400 like infiltration Rangers anyhow.. so probably 390MP could be the fairest.

2) ACEs>Vet2, u don't even have to make them regular; just vet2... And btw, u didn't continue the discussion regarding ACEs.. the last thing u said was that we could make them regular; but then u simply didn't go any further regarding this matter.

3) TH doc REALLY needs a special IVE with top gunner and maybe skirts too.

4) Demo Storm squad should be able to crawl by default.

That's everything so far... :)

Let me add the following point from the final initial list topic as to become the 5th together with these 4 ones above... THIS;
#PART 2

1) SP, Elephant, JT or any other call in tanks should no longer come up with tank commanders inside them.. also without price reductions at all as a result... Excepting both ACEs for sure!
-Topic reference; viewtopic.php?f=27&t=902

This was a serious point that I almost totally forgot about!

MarKr wrote:I noticed this too but forgot to make a note and then forgot to change it :D Thanks for reminder.

Btw, exactly this is why I actually always liked to keep mentioning about some certain points over and over again specifically those ones regarding bugs... And although of all this.. yet I believe that some points will be still forgotten at the end :P So; I really wish if u forget nothing.
Keep up the good work but don't forget to revise the most important reported bugs which we have hinted u considering them several times already before, ur efforts after all are appreciated indeed ;)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Wolf aprooved some special stubby PIV for TH doc. So it will be F1 (last Stubby version afaik) with top MG (I'm not sure about the skirts yet). Anyway - would you guys preffer to keep the PIV E version still available for TH or the F1 should replace E? I think the replacement is better option as the E version even without top MG can still mess up infantry quite well so having two HE tanks in one doc seems bit too much.

The bug with 88 flaks missing DF will be fixed btw.

PiotrW

Post by PiotrW »

MarKr wrote:Wolf aprooved some special stubby PIV for TH doc. So it will be F1 (last Stubby version afaik) with top MG (I'm not sure about the skirts yet). Anyway - would you guys preffer to keep the PIV E version still available for TH or the F1 should replace E? I think the replacement is better option as the E version even without top MG can still mess up infantry quite well so having two HE tanks in one doc seems bit too much.

PzIV F1 with top MG - replacement would be good. Both AP/HE ammo, and skirts upgrade available.

Dr. Zhivago

Post by Dr. Zhivago »

Replacement is ok.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

MarKr wrote:Wolf aprooved some special stubby PIV for TH doc. So it will be F1 (last Stubby version afaik) with top MG (I'm not sure about the skirts yet). Anyway - would you guys preffer to keep the PIV E version still available for TH or the F1 should replace E? I think the replacement is better option as the E version even without top MG can still mess up infantry quite well so having two HE tanks in one doc seems bit too much.

Yes, good, interesting decicion!
Is it possible in further to add:
- "stubby" Pz.III ausf.N (latest model of pz.III with skitrs, available top MG, available smoke grenades on turret, 70(!) mm (50+20) front armor and more good mobility, then "stubby" Pz.IV),
- 50-mm Pz.III ausf.M (latest model of pz.III with 50-mm KwK 39 L/60, skitrs, available top MG, available smoke grenade on turret, and 70(!) mm (50+20) front armor and more good mobility, then "stubby" Pz.IV) from "historical addon Africa 1943" ?

Krieger Blitzer

Great... But don't forget the JP's Veteran Shot ability delay bug.. just lower the delay as there is no need to change any functions. This thing requires 100 ammo and Vet3 already!
The Inf doc 3 snipers! The 200popcap mode not working and Volks MP40 upgrade issue which u already know... As well as the recent glitches mostly reported by XAHTEP etc.
Croc is still giving only 19 XP when u kill it, and just 10 XP when u lose it! Achilles deflection damage (Wolf said it shouldn't be)
Just reminding so far ;)

A replacement would be fine btw :)

Regarding ACEs again; SP, Elephant, and JT should no longer provide TCs inside them by default... Except both ACEs as they should have Vet0 TCs.. Vet2 tanks in return!
TAce is already more expensive than the PAce... However that if u would like to make it even more expensive by a little bit, we don't really mind.
Demo Storms to be able to crawl by default, Rangers bit more expensive... AND THAT'S IT!! Cheers ^^

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

XAHTEP39 wrote:Yes, good, interesting decicion!
- "stubby" Pz.III ausf.N (latest model of pz.III with skitrs, available top MG, available smoke grenades on turret, 70(!) mm (50+20) front armor and more good mobility, then "stubby" Pz.IV),
- 50-mm Pz.III ausf.M (latest model of pz.III with 50-mm KwK 39 L/60, skitrs, available top MG, available smoke grenade on turret, and 70(!) mm (50+20) front armor and more good mobility, then "stubby" Pz.IV) from "historical addon Africa 1943" ?
We don't plan on adding any new models. The PIV F1 is actually the same model as any stubby PIV, only the texture is different and the texture is already in the game it only wasn't used. Even if we were to add some new units then they should should fill a role of something that is not in the game yet. Adding units with the only reason being "it is cool" is not a good idea. There are already many units that are almost never used and there is no need to add more.

@Tiger:
200popcap fix is done
Deflection damage from Achilles is removed
JPanther will be checked
Snipers are being solved
Croc XP too
MP40 for Volks stays
ACEs changes have been dismissed already
Since I know you're gonna go crazy about this - DON'T ARGUE ABOUT THE LAST TWO POINTS! It was Wolf's decision so that's how it's gonna be.

Krieger Blitzer

The issue of the MP40 for Volks is a bug btw... o.O

But alright anyway; I will see about Rangers, Demo Storm and ACEs with Wolf! :P

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

@Mark Wolf
What do you think about more expensive sope for panther G and delay for stuka before the barrage?
Last edited by Sukin-kot (SVT) on 13 Mar 2016, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

Krieger Blitzer

No need... If the range is too far, the Stuka rockets will miss the target anyway!

Panther G.. it's the only decent Terror doc tank right now which comes after 7CPs; not to mention that increasing the price of the scope wouldn't change much after all.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

MarKr wrote:
XAHTEP39 wrote:Yes, good, interesting decicion!

We don't plan on adding any new models. The PIV F1 is actually the same model as any stubby PIV, only the texture is different and the texture is already in the game it only wasn't used. Even if we were to add some new units then they should should fill a role of something that is not in the game yet. Adding units with the only reason being "it is cool" is not a good idea. There are already many units that are almost never used and there is no need to add more.

Yes, BK-Mod consists of many new models, some is rarely used, it is true.
"Stubby" Pz.IV ausf. D/E (WH&PE) is not rarely tank in the mid/last game.
Therefore what is about replace "stubby" Pz.III ausf.N instead "stubby" Pz.IV only for PE, but WH will be used present "stubby" Pz.IV ?
1) It will be "it is cool" 8-) ,
2) It will be new different component between WH and PE :idea: ,
3) So latest Pz.III (M,N) is better than earliest Pz.IV (D,E,F1) - probably it will be some buff of PE in mid-game. :roll:

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Any ETA on the update? It's pretty desert in the game lobby

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Next beta probably on friday/saturday. Release week or two after..

Dr. Zhivago

Post by Dr. Zhivago »

Dont forget to mention things which were forgotten in the current patch note.

Tor

Post by Tor »

After people open pershing they have 2 choises.
3CP to all tanks with 1 vet include pershing, or 4CP to pershing with 1 vet...
Maybe this main problem? i always get vet, after that 1vet ace useful, he don't get this bonus and little better than standart pershing.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Costs of AP/HE mod switch reduced to 0 ammo; cooldown of the switch increased to 90 seconds (Except for Ostwind and Wirblewind)

88-mm Flak 36 has switch AP/HE mode such as "stubbys" and OstWind/Wirblewind, but this action require 75 ammo every switch. Is it a forgotten change or not?
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 16 Mar 2016, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Anything planned about immortal infantry? 5 firefly vet 1-2 stationary position shooting at point blank range at one assault grenadiers squad with shrecks picked up from the ground. 2 tanks lost and they managed to cross just right in the middle of the tanks and keep 3 guys alive.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

As much as I hate invincible infantry... You should start by using something other than fireflies as anti inf.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.