Translations

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Wolf
Administrator

Translations

Post by Wolf »

Hello BK community again!

We are currently seeking translators for some new ingame texts, and/or for corrections.

All who helped before still have access to the google document, look at it please again.

New members please apply here, I will need your google email adress.

crimax

Re: Translations

Post by crimax »

I helped to translate italian version but before Steam migration and with previous team.
If no one can help you with Italian translations then I could. Consider me a reserve.
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I can do Polish translation. Frankly most of current text have grammatical and even spelling errors or just sound like Pinglish, I can rework them too :D.

By the way it's nice that you care about other languages in bk :D.
Last edited by JimQwilleran on 05 Mar 2016, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

I am ready for Russian BK-localization.
Now, I localize Rus-loc file for me. 18 January 2016 I sent PM with loc-file to MarKr (he was glad and advise to sent you) and to you (check you PM, you don`t reoly me).
I always do this locale-file actual, if see so issues in game`s text descriptions. I confirm JimQwilleran`s words about similar issues in current localization, just in russian and some moments with technical and historical names.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Like I said, i need google account email from each of you to give you permission, or maybe you can request it somehow when you get there https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... yt84UFyG4/

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Wolf wrote:Like I said, i need google account email from each of you to give you permission, or maybe you can request it somehow when you get there https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... yt84UFyG4/
I have sent you an email :).

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Wolf, there is some issue in whole BK-locale - some texts are taken from vCoH locale-file.
It is not easy to spot necessary string in vCoH locale-file, becouse there is many spam and double strings... Is it possible to make localozation of BK-mod only by BK-localization file? :?

P.S. I sent my google e-mail in PM ;)

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

XAHTEP39 wrote:Wolf, there is some issue in whole BK-locale - some texts are taken from vCoH locale-file.
It is not easy to spot necessary string in vCoH locale-file, becouse there is many spam and double strings... Is it possible to make localozation of BK-mod only by BK-localization file? :?

Yes, that's true, some texts not only are just "bad written" but also do not correspond with reality of Bk. As XAHTEP39 said, they are probably some left overs from old bk versions or vanilla.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

JimQwilleran wrote:
XAHTEP39 wrote:Wolf, there is some issue in whole BK-locale - some texts are taken from vCoH locale-file.

Yes, that's true, some texts not only are just "bad written" but also do not correspond with reality of Bk. As XAHTEP39 said, they are probably some left overs from old bk versions or vanilla.

Exactly, and just as an example.. the bulldozer upgrades! It's still written in the description that those things could actually step over tank traps... While they can do this only in vCoH; not in Bk.
These can only step over bushes in Bk...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yes, many texts are from vCoH...I don't know how in other languages but in CZ, the US barracks still mention Jeeps, WSC mentions weapon teams, Sticky upgrade mentions XP boost for infantry which is non-existent in BK...I have some of the things corrected but sadly the easiest way to fix the texts is to make new strings in the BK locale files and that means changes in building/abilitiy/unit files...simply anything that uses the text needs to be slightly tweaked. It is not hard to do, it is only time consuming and given how the texts are not that much importnant I usually spend time on bug fixing. But I plan to fix whatever texts I can in the future.

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

I just translated the new lines into german.
Translated the new description for the Dingo too.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

What about the free space after "hints" (you know those tips that show during loading screen). In the file there are around 10 free entries. Does that mean that there could be some more hints there?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

It would be also nice to check the old lines... Thx guys.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I could help with the italian version if you need, i've already checked us and some cw lines that are still in english and i'm checking all docs and factions.. i have a text file with corrections so if you want i can send it to you when i'm done or you can tell me how could i help you in the proper way :)

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Normaly you should correct directly the lines from the google sheet no?

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Well.. i'm new to this kind of things so i don't know so much about how it works.. Warhawks explained me a bit, so how could i get the access to this google sheet?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

sgtToni95 wrote:Well.. i'm new to this kind of things so i don't know so much about how it works.. Warhawks explained me a bit, so how could i get the access to this google sheet?

see first post.

Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

Salute Wolf!
I speak and write English French and English....use to be translator interprator....If that can be of any use to you...let me know!

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Sorry my mistake :(
I've sent request on google for the lenguage file

saukopf

Post by saukopf »

Aha,seems like we applied a new chinese translator and the texts are translated as just edited after translated by a auto-translate software?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

saukopf wrote:Aha,seems like we applied a new chinese translator and the texts are translated as just edited after translated by a auto-translate software?

No its a real chinese guy who did the new bk translations.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Guys, the new patch will bring some new texts that need translation and also some of the current texts were slightly changed so I'd like to ask ll of you who participate in translations to take a look at it at google docs. New texts are as always at the bottom. When I made changes to some older texts I highlighted them in red color so they should be easy to spot. When your translation is done, change the red color to white/green so it is clear the lines are translated.

Thank you for your work.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I can help you with italian if you need.
I'll send you my email via PM

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Guys we need some seious translations here for the new release! thx

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I can do the Russian translation.