5.1.4 preview

If there is something new, it will be posted here.
Mr. FeministDonut

Re: 5.1.4 preview

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

I saw this happened to other player, but that is all I saw.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

If it was caused by the patch then everybody would experience it. Since it happens only to some people, it needs to be something on their side. Could it be, perhaps, connected to one of the latest Steam updates in combination with with some personal settings?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:Could it be, perhaps, connected to one of the latest Steam updates in combination with with some personal settings?

Yup! That turns out to be the case...
Steam recently updated how profiles are displayed.. now someone's "activity" is no longer visible to the public, even if it's set to be publicly visible.
This means that now you can no longer know if someone is playing any games or not by viewing his Steam profile simply through the web browser!
Now it's only possible to view this kind of stuff through the Steam application itself.. not just that, but the user must be in ur friends list too.
However; if his profile is set to private, you will only be able to see him "online" but you will not be able to see which game he is playing anymore...

Edit:
Just a little note... It's worth to mention that it's also possible to change these privacy matters via the Steam account settings.

And so.. regarding this;
sami bosal wrote:i tried open launcher in background but same situation. shows online on steam but offline in the game.

I've contacted Sami Bosal on Steam, his account was private.. but once I asked him to make it public, the issue was eventually solved and then he became visible to everyone in the game ;)

sami bosal

Post by sami bosal »

Tiger1996 wrote:
MarKr wrote:Could it be, perhaps, connected to one of the latest Steam updates in combination with with some personal settings?

Yup! That turns out to be the case...
Steam recently updated how profiles are displayed.. now someone's "activity" is no longer visible to the public, even if it's set to be publicly visible.
This means that now you can no longer know if someone is playing any games or not by viewing his Steam profile simply through the web browser!
Now it's only possible to view this kind of stuff through the Steam application itself.. not just that, but the user must be in ur friends list too.
However; if his profile is set to private, you will only be able to see him "online" but you will not be able to see which game he is playing anymore...

Edit:
Just a little note... It's worth to mention that it's also possible to change these privacy matters via the Steam account settings.

And so.. regarding this;
sami bosal wrote:i tried open launcher in background but same situation. shows online on steam but offline in the game.

I've contacted Sami Bosal on Steam, his account was private.. but once I asked him to make it public, the issue was eventually solved and then he became visible to everyone in the game ;)

worked like a charm
big thanks :)

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

It's for everyone. A lot of my friends don't show up as online even though I know they are online.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Walderschmidt wrote:It's for everyone. A lot of my friends don't show up as online even though I know they are online.

As Tiger wrote above, it is connected to Steam update and personal settings. Tell them that next time they have this issue. ;)