Hummel's static location

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Kasbah

Re: Hummel's static location

Post by Kasbah »

[
Kasbah wrote:I also would choose ten times a Priest over a Hummel. Hummel shot (especially the strong one) is devastating, but in no way it is 2 times stronger than a Priest's. Therefore the ammo half track should really be buffed to be worth. It is not cheap and it needs command points (not to mention when it explodes it severely damages units around, so Hummels, easily reached by Priests with their amazing range, for example). Hence I think 25 ammo reduction would be more fair to make them worth. Now I always avoid Hummels, too costly, and go for Wespes, best bang for the buck.

In previous versions the Wespe had not been in same tree as Hummel. The wespe got unlocked after roadblocks and after 3 CP. The cost of wespe was 360/40 while howitzers cost 400/50 at that time (naked). There you really never saw a wespe!. Thet got changed. The Wespe cost increase and the fact that the 4 CP´s for wespe is already almost half the way to Hummel made this unit being used a lot more often.

Also you cant say "best bang for the buck" and generalize it. Since i can remember i used wespe to fight medium defenses and soft targets. PAKs and stuff. But whenever i did face strong allied arty, armor and Defense i do use the 210 nebler in mid stage and the Hummel in late. As i already said a single Hummel shot can be more cost effective than Wespe one. Many players do make the mistake to use only Wespe and wasting more ammo as they would do with hummel. While they shoot several salvos with wespes to kill an emplacment (which gets repaired during salvo break) and thus wasing up to 200 ammo, the Hummel kills the emplacment right with first salvo and two hits for 100 ammo (or 85 with HT.

I can say it and I repeat it, also I am very aware of trees and prices, I play this mod since 2010. And sorry to make such a huge mistake choosing it. Hummel shots are waaaay too expensive and nebel 210 has been abusively overnerfed. It has a freezing time getting out of the barracks, freezing time after every shot (very easy to counter with priest) and can be countered so easily.
ALso I don't agree about Luft. It is the weakest doctrine of the game and excells in nothing. Paras are not that good, flaks have been overnerfed, sd2 bombs are now too costly... I don't see any point of chosing it, especially playing alone.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Yeah, we could add random breakdowns, Random fuel income drops for axis. That would make KT really cool.... joke aside

Well, I can see that u r actually admitting now that it's not as strong enough as it's supposed to be.. since u say that it can't happen cuz it also doesn't have any random engine break downs unlike in reality too... But alright, why is it costing so much then if it's not as good as it deserves?! I am paying 200MP more plus 10 more fuel just in order to get a top mounted MG gunner at the end??!! Joke aside :P

Kasbah wrote:I can say it and I repeat it, also I am very aware of trees and prices, I play this mod since 2010. And sorry to make such a huge mistake choosing it. Hummel shots are waaaay too expensive and nebel 210 has been abusively overnerfed. It has a freezing time getting out of the barracks, freezing time after every shot (very easy to counter with priest) and can be countered so easily.
ALso I don't agree about Luft. It is the weakest doctrine of the game and excells in nothing. Paras are not that good, flaks have been overnerfed, sd2 bombs are now too costly... I don't see any point of chosing it, especially playing alone.

+1

The Blitz doc also got nerfed to death, while the Armor doc got buffed so hard... Exactly as Sukin previously stated!
However that I honestly don't get it now.. why would the mass production of IVHs to be still delayed since the 76s are doing very well against them recently??
Let's have a look at it really;
-Blitz tanks?
Tigers got more expensive, cheap Pz4 IVHs later availabe.
-Blitz inf?
No more crawling Storms except after the unlock.
-Blitz res?
Nerfed fuel trades.
-Blitz special units?
No ALRS by default for the Tiger Ace even!
That was a nerf at every aspect.
Yet.. we are not done... The Armor doc greatly fixed all the fuel upkeep issues it had, Scotts recieved more range and the Jumbo is still too early available.. less expensive sand bag upgrades as well as cheaper E8s upgrade, cheaper SP that is available only after 9 CPs same as the TAce!!!
Above all anyways, some idiots still keep talking.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

You know what? rather fix the pe th ambush issue so many Players has!!! it is for me and alot of other unplayable ! i seen ppl also again pushing with jp i asked them why they said it wont ambush man! i tested it 2 times even on a forest map it no works! only shit working is hetzer! developers really no care? i told wolf man-.- I will soonly Abandon this mod for honest.. And wierdly? the game Change it self eh? Terence said it to me, and i start to believe it 1 month ago it worked fine! i seen so many ppl fail vs tank doc choosing th and not able to ambush i had some 1v1 vs tankdoc, i were going se and did not even know what shit to do without ambush able tankhunters!
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996, before all that changes i did rush 95% of games as axis with standard formula. This forumula was arround this: Min 8-12: Tank IV´s etc (lots of them), Min 8:33: First Wespe can be deployed, arround Min 6-10: The first Luftwaffe got deployed. Map controle was already gained because nothing could stop the Volks/scout car spam. Boys AT sucked, Jeep couldnt stop the Grens. It became hilariously boring making rushes every fucking time.

Also arround 400 or even 600 screenshots of random players proved exactly that. First since recent patches i see new randoms with balanced allied/axis stats.

And how the fuck got 88 overnerfed? from 25 upped to 50% taken damage from arty for the naked version. Range of naked downed to 85 and emplaced upped to 85. There was really just a slight change. 25-50%.... shall it be 32,5%? or 40%? And the range? 99 instead of 100 to prevent overnerf? I think wolf already made a very carefully nerf. The slightest possible.

And if it makes you happy: All the guys i did make running away from BK by using 88 spam sadly didnt return.

Cost wise they do have nice price tag still. The real problem for effective use in Luft doc is the combined cost of Luftpios, 1 Luftwaffe squad and 88. But its not the 88 itself. Also the naked 88 is not supposed to stay at very first line. It stays behind and shooting from range providing support but also back up. Only Rommel used them aggressively in North africa. In France also to defend freshly taken ground. The aggressive 88 use was the result of certain circumstances which had been the lack of powerfull AT wepaons. But when Longer barreld stugs became available and used as anti tank weapons and long barreld tank IV´s etc the importance of 88 as first line anti tank weapon decreased although doing that job but again as second defense or due to lack of mainly supposed anti tank units.

So if you keep a naked 88 behind the main front line and as a back up where you can retreat to it is doint afterall a great job, especially in def doc with arty barrage. Just Luft players have almost no res left once they decide to get an 88.
Note also pls that an 88 in vcoh has a far less good price tag. Its even more costly, needs two or three shots to kill a tank and isnt that good vs inf.

And how are SD2 cost ineffective? for slowing down advances and to protect flanks its a really good tool. You dont need to sent a unit to place a mine. And go ahead, build such a minefield with normal units. It will take minutes to create it and the cost would be twice as high but the efficency of a single mine by far lower. Normal AI mines hardly kill a single soldier, a single SD2 can insta whipe whole squads. A stock mine does no damage to vehicles etc and a single anti vehicle/Tank mine cost between 25 and 50 ammo. A single sd2 mine (out of idk how many in one drop) is afterall able to destroy and baldy damage vehicle and immobilizing every tank.

Stock mine cost would need to be reduced to 1 ammo each to maybe reach the cost efficency of the sd2 drop. Anti tank mines would have to be as low as 10 ammo.
If you want compare price tag again with voch. A minefiled of like 10 SD2 (by far less as in BK) cost 100 ammo and one mine kills at best 1 soldier and not a squad.

And if anything made people raging a lot over the years than it had been two things: SD2 nonstop spam everywhere and 100% accuracy, 100% oneshot stupa.

The scott is much weaker as the old one which instant killed squads! The scott became more deadly to tanks now (due to outrange) and emplacments but against inf its far less deadly as old one. The old one couldnt miss a shot, instant pinned the hit squad and always killed 5 men in a shot unless it was a KCH squad (due to critical heroic armor) or vetted Luft squad in sprint (due to airborne armor type). But any use of infantry was nonsense as long as scotts showed up. AT squads, grens etc.... all got killed in a single shot and the last guy pinned.
The new scott has more range which makes it annyoing when you play with tanks but when it shoots from max range it usually never really hits a soldier unless scott is vet step (the old vet scott was ultimate inf killing machine).
But yeah, keep talking about things you have no cloue about.

And why you didnt mention the massive RAF infantry nerf? No more "ninja smoke" that makes them instantly completely invisible? No more super cheap reinforce cost of 32 MP (grens 37 there) and upped to 38 (Grens now 35). Earlier available long shot for tiger and cheaper cost of it (from 1000/180 to 875/175)+ HP buff? Cheaper tank IV´s which armor protection against 76 shermans got changed "in afterwards" instead right at the moment they received the cost drop many patches ago.

The SP got cheaper but also its penetration got reduced by quite an ammount. Not sure if you knew that but i told the devs that the penetration power for SP was set a way too high, especially against the 200 mm+ armor tanks like elephant and Jagdtiger.

So over the patches lots of things got changed on both sides. A hell lot. But you see only those 5 you dont like (And also you came too late to BK to see the full story maybe) and try to raise them up as "ultimate evil anti axis changes".

But alright, claim those back, i claim ninja smoke for commandos back etc? You must be kidding. And really, before you now judge about commando inf and scott you should see how they once had been. Both really fucking crazy, especially late game commando blobb. Only blobb, charge with "ninja smoke" and killing every axis inf in their path. RAF inf was kind of now skill inf in late game while kch had been no skill inf in early and mid stage.

And BK/Terror doc are extremly often played. Sukin is probably most successfull with Terror doc (i guess its his fav one) and storms are always deadly, even more with vets and late game and extremly versatile as well.

The only axis doc that need some rework is luft and we made lots of suggestions how to improve it and to create better early-late game balance.
And the faction that can be rethought and re-designed to be more enjoyable to play is PE which needs its own specific way of playing.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Get my point... Surely I did not mean to express any kind of disappiontment from those changes made on 486 neither I am demanding anyhow to set the situation back like how it has been before in the past.
I clearly hate "the old Bk days" of which are the main reason of why I really never managed to get into this mod any times earlier.. as I can't deny that it's now much better thanks to both Wolf and MarKr... As it was also me in the first place if u remember who helped by encouraging with u 'together hand by hand' many of these changes specifically the ones I mentioned above regarding both the Armor as well as the Blitz docs after all!

However that I certainly tried to honestly express my disappiontment of ur current standing points... As I am srsly pissed on the other hand to see how u r still too afraid of even just slightly improving back the flaks, the Hummel, the Storms or the KT for example by any sort of means while resisting all of them so hard and telling us more of ur nasty fictional scenarios.. although of all the Allies buffing along all the previous recent patches; Simply such a so disgusting behaviour to be honest...

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger.... The BK and Terror doc is the most played axis docs and also those who do play a major role in axis win or lose. In teamfights those two docs belong to the most important. They are the core of axis. I havent seen a axis team in 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 that without terror or Bk doc. Many new players going afterall for Terror doc as it is relatively simple in stragtegy and units: Grens with stgs, Nebler/stuka, late game Panther G and KT. Its a pretty simple build order but deadly effective. Playing successfully PE is more difficult i would say atm.

So the axis core, Terror and BK are the best working docs in my opinion.

And what to adjust for 88? The emplaced? why? the emplaced received just a buff actually except against crocc churchill but its just one tank that reliable can trust in its armor. But all other vehicles/tanks/inf have to be really carefully.

And again, there isnt much that can be buffed for emplaced. It was a very carefully adjustment. I mean the range decrease was a very slight one. 15 Range less... thats half the range of axis grenade range.
And taken damage by arty? Instead of 4 necessary direct 105 hits it requires just two now. A normal arty barrage has 6 shots. That means that the naked 88 afterall stands a barrage from "non vet priest howitzer". And calli and 75 mm has now realistic changes to beat 88´s and why they shouldnt? Why should a 88 be the only unemplaced weapon that acts like an emplacment?

Again, dont touch the 88. add arty barrage to luft 88 and/or reduce cost of luft pios and things could be solved.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Well I didn't mind to read it all as the discussion just went over and over on the same points.

I think it's funny how Hummel and Priest are compared here and how people think Priest would be better...

Hummel Arty barrage has way more power, therefore more expensive. SE has ress trade, RA not. Priest has some more abilities, but who the fuck does even use them?

You are comparing and excellent Assault doc with strong inf (flame nades, sabotage, booby traps), very good TDs (Nashorn, Hetzer) and strong assault tank (Beutepanzer) + excellent arty (Wespe, 210 Nebler, Hummel) to a doc that has just basic inf, one good TD(M10 Achilles) and one "Assault tank" (Firefly) and pretty good arty (Priest) but without resstrade?

I never experienced a single moment in SE doc with lacking ammo as it was always possible to trade my fuel, I experience way more often a lack of ammo with RA.

A Hummel is capable of killing EVERYTHING with one or two shots (maybe except for SP), especially with vet 2 and higher it gets the most deadly artillery in the whole game. 210mm Nebler is capable of oneshoting a Priest and is often used to hunt them down as it has nearly the same range as a Priest. Plus you got the Wespe, which I also use to hunt down Priests, tank and inf.
And now you want to buff that doc even more?
I'd say SE is fine as it is.

Krieger Blitzer

SE has ress trade, RA not.

As I once said in a response to this point...
Brits can always maintain more res even with less territories due to the HQ trucks upgrade! PE on the other hand.. can not. So?

I think it's funny how Hummel and Priest are compared here and how people think Priest would be better...

We don't think that the Priest would be better.. as it's already superior without any doubts!

Priest has some more abilities, but who the fuck does even use them?

Hmm??!!

A Hummel is capable of killing EVERYTHING with one or two shots (maybe except for SP), especially with vet 2 and higher it gets the most deadly artillery in the whole game.

And so does the Priest.. pretty much earlier available, very accurate and also high rate of fire both almost by default... Cheap salvos as well as such an awesome package collection of some freaking deadly kind of supreme abilities; not to mention too that the 105mm of the Priest seem to be actually acting exactly like the Hummel's gun in its same strength, if not even a much deadlier hitting power somehow btw!!

I'd say SE is fine as it is.

This discussion is not about any specific docs, as it's only regarding some certain units!

The 210mm Nebel is overall really excellent indeed.. however that it's extremely slow which is something that makes it a very easy target for any incoming arty.

But anyways...

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:As I once said in a response to this point...
Brits can always maintain more res even with less territories due to the HQ trucks upgrade! PE on the other hand.. can not. So?

But this has no use if you have a map with high fuel and low ammo.
On a map with high ammo and low fuel SE can still secure points and trade the obsolete fuel.

Tiger1996 wrote:We don't think that the Priest would be better.. as it's already superior without any doubts!

Still don't think so.

Tiger1996 wrote:
Butterkeks wrote: Priest has some more abilities, but who the fuck does even use them?

Hmm??!!

Well. Why should use incendiary shot or that anti inf shot when the standard shot kills everything, not only inf? Surveillance? Sure, and with what you'll give counterarty or destroy defenses? Mark target is sometimes kinda usefull, but it's cooldown is twice as high as for the standard shot.

Tiger1996 wrote:And so does the Priest.. pretty much earlier available, very accurate and also high rate of fire both almost by default... Cheap salvos as well as such an awesome package collection of some freaking deadly kind of supreme abilities; not to mention too that the 105mm of the Priest seem to be actually acting exactly like the Hummel's gun in its same strength, if not even a much deadlier hitting power somehow btw!!

No, Priest does not. Abilities see above. 105mm Preist has NOT the same strength as 150mm Hummel. That's a point we don't need to discuss in my opinion. Hummel is by far more deadly.

Tiger1996 wrote:This discussion is not about any specific docs, as it's only regarding some certain units!
[/quote]

Yeah, I know, what I wanted to say is, that SE is fine as it is now, so imo there's no need to change any specific units.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

the point is making the ammo half track a little bit worth because now it only reduces the arty cost by 15 if I'm not wrong, and this is really nothing

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Kasbah wrote:the point is making the ammo half track a little bit worth because now it only reduces the arty cost by 15 if I'm not wrong, and this is really nothing

It's better than nothing and not enough to be OP. You have to stop thinking in short terms. Saving 15 ammo on every single barrage in 1 or 2 hour game?
Let's think about one barrage every two minutes. That would equal to 900 saved ammo.
This truck scales highly effective in late game.

Also, I rarely use Hummel as I think it's not neccessary. I hunt down Priests with Wespe and use them to crack defenses too. Use ammo truck on wespe and you have an arty barrage for 35 ammo, 60 if you use FES (or FERN? not quite sure which howitzer uses which) rounds.

Also keep in mind that you don't pay fuel for Hummel (like Priest) + no ammo to equip it with special nades (like Priest and Wespe have to).

And let's not forgot that SE is capable of deploying 5 mobile howitzers (2 Wespe, 2 Hummel, one 210mm, which is no Howitzer but has the same range and even more dmg) and RA is only able to field 2.
Making hummel cheaper would make SE just way to OP.

If I'm not mistaken that's also the point why RA get's the "long shot" for free (2 CP) whereas SE has to pay for each barrage. Therefore they got more as twice the amount of Arty + excellent defense and attacking capabilities.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Butterkeks wrote:Also keep in mind that you don't pay fuel for Hummel (like Priest) + no ammo to equip it with special nades (like Priest and Wespe have to).

Whaaat? Priest requires no fuel to be deployed, as well as hummel, BOTH needs additional 25 ammo for equiping them with special shells.

Krieger Blitzer

the point is making the ammo half track a little bit worth because now it only reduces the arty cost by 15 if I'm not wrong, and this is really nothing

No worries.
I think I could insure that the ammo HTs would be somewhat more useful on the upcoming patch hopefully... Personally I believe Wolf will accept that as it's logic enough being not a big deal as well after all.. I am clearly going to include this point through the final missing list of the remaining things to be done for the next update soon at some point.

Honestly not sure if he would also agree for generally + 10% more range when the Hummel's stationary position is activated or not! However that I believe that this one would be logic and acceptable too since the Priest is so accurately able to snipe certain targets at much longer distances by using the aimed salvo with the help of the arty spotters!

And let's not forgot that SE is capable of deploying 5 mobile howitzers (2 Wespe, 2 Hummel, one 210mm, which is no Howitzer but has the same range and even more dmg) and RA is only able to field 2.

What about such a cheap, so early available and surely decent 75mm HTs?! 107mm mortars?? 25Ps??!! 95mm Cromwell???!!! How 'only Priests' I wonder??? Even the regular mortar pits gain much more range as RA doc after the unlock...

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

I never use Hummel too, Wespe performs way better overall. Cheaper, more versatile, excellent range, and not so less effective. This is why I suggest the ammo halftrack to reduce ONLY Hummel arty costs (20-25 max). For Wespe 15 is perfect.

You say: "(2 Wespe, 2 Hummel, one 210mm, which is no Howitzer but has the same range and even more dmg)"

Yeah, no Howitzer but dramatically slow plus ridiculously overnerfed . Come on, what other unit has a freezing time GETTING OUT OF THE BARRACKS (wtf???) a freezing time after EVERY movement or repositionning and a freezing time after every shot? If you add its smoke that makes it is so easy to counter and it's shooting price, I still prefer 2 Wespe.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

210 Nebels are useless when CW arty presented on field, its true, but if there are no Priests this rocket launchers are super deadly.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Holly shit.

Yes, the 210 is easily killed by RA. But why would i get one in late game.
But still, when i fought double RA at halfaya against bears and his mate i just did need one Hummel and 210 nebler to beat both RA players+ RE players defense. My vet Hummel always instant oneshoted a priest right with the first shot.

To summarize some facts:

- The 210 nebler might be easily killed be enemie arty, but still its one of the best "Anti tank arty". That term got not used by me but by someone else. I love the 210 nebler for several reasons, especially against inf and RE doc and enemie spawns. It can destroy in a single hit. note pls that i use the vertical fire option. (I dont know but somehow the weapon seem to have better performence then splash, AoE.. idk, just use vertical fire).

- The 150 Arty has more damage. There is nothing to argue about. The 150 mm shells are dealing a way more damage. The max possible basic damage is almost twice as high as the 105 shells (335 damage 105mm, 400-600 Hummel 150 mm). They serve different purposes. The Priest pays 50 ammo for a salvo and thats the standard 105 mm barrage cost. Sure, the 105 shells can deal well with unarmored SPGS such as Marders and Wespe/hummel. But Wespe can do the same. But the 150 mm shells are simply more deadly to tanks and emplacments. They have the chance that the first hit kills the unit. Usually a sherman or any other tank is dead by first 150 shell or having like 10 HP left. The 105 do need to hit a medium tank two times, maybe three times. The Priest has simply a good accuracy but Wespe and Hummel become also deadly with vet.

- The Hummel got never used when Wespe was in a different tec tree. In fact the sector arty and Hummel tec tree was the last of all that got unlocked by players. Today the Hummel is by far more often used. Kind of "Wespe replacment" in late game. Many people going in longer lasting games for Hummel. Personally i used the Hummels more often in 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 as i used the Wespe. The Wespe is my choice on small 2 vs 2 maps, the Hummel for teamfights preferable as it is more likely do face lots of different combination of enemie forces like emplacments, tanks, arty. In That case i always get Hummel over Wespe.

- SE is atm the best PE doc. We have talked about issues of luft doc, lacking offensive power of TH doc etc. But the SE doc is the best doc PE has. You get a TH that is super deadly from ambush against every allied tank. The Arty is powerfull, flame nades, res trade and sabotage.

But its interesting. Why are there so many complains about SE, BK, Terror doc? I mean those three are most played one i guess. All three belong to the "standard axis equipment" in games. They are very versatile and have lots of powerfull units. Panther G, storms, Walking stuka, 210 nebler, hummel wespe, Nashorn, generally good inf, flame grenades etc etc.... Basically axis could always only play with those three docs. The other three docs have nothing really that is urgently needed and only provided by those.

To be honest i would rather focus on PE in general and how to make it a more offensive and aggressive faction which shows up flexibility during these assaults. But i would play with the minds of Panther G for TH doc instead of nashorn and reduced PE inf starting squad size in exchange for lower squad build cost.

but certain units like Panther, wespe/hummel, grens, storms, walking stuka, Ostwind are simply the most used axis units or lets say most important one which all showing good results and turning games, winning games. And when units do belong to the core of a faction which often enough decide games then idk why these units suddenly need to be even more buffed while there are lots of others i could understand to discuss about.

As for hummel i can just repeat. Once there was a discussion to reduce its build cost to make it more appealing. But the actual mistake was not the Hummel, it was the wrong tec tree set up over cost efficency of wespe. Today Hummels are quite frequently used, deadly and a nice support for the axis team which pulverizes simply everything so quickly. I would even say that Hummel became just as important as the Wespe.

I would say that this topic has lost its purpose. Currently SE already belongs to the top 3 axis docs together with terror and BK which is providing a hell lot for the team and not just arty.

Edit: Oh, Tiger: yes, brits can put some trucks on points. But there are maps which do not provide large ammo points. The smaller the map and the more the fuel and ammo income relys on single points the greater the advantage of CW truck and res upgrade. The larger the map and the more fuel/ammo income relys on many small and medium points the greater the advantage of observation points and Logistic vehicles.
So congratulations, you failed (again) to take map characteristics into acc which may decide either "ability x" or "y" is better.
Sure, when you put a truck on a large ammo point then the cost efficency of the upgrade is incredible. If you then have a map with just 10 points of which 6 are large res ponts then the truck system is very effective. But when you get lots of small points spread over the map then logistic vehicles and observation points get an advantage. Especially then the logistic cars can be helpfull as they can defend an area from being quickly taken by a single infantry squad. Meanwhile the three trucks can be put on just three points. For more income you will rely on Mates.

So stop making such confusing statments, attempting to "generalize" stuff in the way you like. You have to take a lot more things into acc.

Kasbah wrote:the point is making the ammo half track a little bit worth because now it only reduces the arty cost by 15 if I'm not wrong, and this is really nothing

Thing on Long term. I use it right when i get it. In case your only job in a game is to fiel only arty and to provide that support for everyone then it can be damn effective. MP isnt much an issue as long as you dont have to replace frontline units (which shouldnt be the case when mates do the fight). And when you spare all 1 or two mins 15 ammo than its quite a lot.

I mean when it would save more than 15 ammo then you could fire 105 for like 30 ammo and 150 for 80. Remember that the old arty barrage costs had been 35 for 105 and 85 for 150 and 35 for nebler 150 and so on. The old devs received sooo many complains of arty spam (which was truly a factor that killed the fun) that they decided to go up to the costs we do see today. If the HT would save more than 15 then you would get even lower barrage costs as the pre-change cost had been. You would 105 for the cost of Handgrenades. Back in days such cost led to the use of arty against single soldiers and recons even. I dont even want to imagine what further cost would do. The cost of arty units in old versions had been even lower (720 Mp wespe, 580/100 Hummel, 400/50 naked howitzer).

So from that point it scales on long term very effectively.

@Sukin: Butter was regarding to "no fuel cost for priest" when he said "like Hummel". Hummel doesnt cost fuel "like Priest". Otherwise he would have used the word "unlike" :)
I admit that it was a bit confusing as he used "like" in the second part of the sentence. But when i read it twice ive got it correctly.

Basically all three upgrade ammo. Priest for incendiary rounds, Wespe/Hummel for the long shots.

Edit: I tried to figure out some stuff from corsix and this is how it seems. But dont pin me down on that:

Hummel/Wespe/Priest barrage: 200 range
Hummel Fern/Priest super charge: 250 range
Hummel Fes: 275 Range.
Stationary 105 mm howitzer: 225 (axis with fern 250)
105 sherman: 180
(88 barrage: 200 range and 35 ammo)
Nebelwerfer: 200
Calliope: 150
Walking Stuka: 175
95 mm howitzer (churchill, cromwell): 120 range

If anyone would have to complain about then it would be the 105 sherman lol. Its the most expensive one of its class although being the worst of all.

Reload times:
Hummel:10 sec reload. In stat mode 5 seconds.
Wespe: 7-8 sec
Priest: 6 sec
US howitzer: 7 sec
Axis howitzer: 7-8 sec
105 sherman: 7,5-8,5 sec

Hummel special:
reduced received accuracy while in stat mode: 0.75 received accuracy modifier.

I havent checked accuracy yet (learning it how and where to check for arty) but the 105 sherman is well known for being the worst of all.

So yeah.... That the 105 sherman is by far most expensive of all (650, 80) and meanwhile worst in every aspect is no problem. But its funny, when i am thinking back then i see that the 105 sherman literally disappeared from the game and inf doc using more often rangers, normal howitzers and 107 mortars. In its set up (kind as closer ranged arty support similiar as 95 churchill) the 105 would fit so well in armor doc.
The most commonly seen mobile howitzers: Wespe, Hummel/Priest/95 mm cromwell, 95 mm churchill/Grille, 105 sherman. Since the 75 pack howitzer became cheaper the 105 sherman is atm the most rarely used howitzer (and arty unit at all).

I figured out that it was planned to add the Priest to US without CW arty abilities and instead only with normal barrage, smoke salvo and that self repair thing which allied tanks have.

So when it comes down to artillery units on the field then US is by far the worst (accuracy, range, cost, ammount).

Edit II: Ups, i found something that many probably wont belive and hate.

Allis arty deal just 75% of its normal damage against axis tanks. So instead of the 335 damage the allied arty deals 251 damage against an axis tanks. That means that axis tanks need to be at least three times before they are being destroyed. Only Priest can do that.

Axis arty deals full damage against allied tanks. So axis 105 needs to hit just twice directly to kill a allied tank. The Hummel blows them up almost instantly with one hit and thats what i experienced very often.

So to subsumme it:
The allied have one really arty unit that effectively kill tanks: Priest. Other arty is long tom (and maybe off map 105 but usually not killing max HP tanks)

The Axis arty units are pretty deadly against vehicles and tanks. Wespe, Hummel, 105 howitzer, walking stuka (if not bugged), 210 nebler. They all two and oneshot tanks.

Krieger Blitzer

Sherman 105 can be really cheaper... Agreed.
The Maultier barrage as well.. not more than -10 ammo perhaps.

And yes, I am aware enough that the flak 88s barrage is costing only 35 ammo.. it would be 50 then also added to the Luft ones.
This is already listed btw on the following final list of which I have been preparing for! But it is also included that the RA 75mm HTs barrage price would be increased to 40 ammo instead of 25 for now...

I think something is actually wrong with the data u have provided about the ranges of each; the Hummel, the Priest and the Wespe too.
Wespe range is 200, 250 using the new shells.
Priest is 200, 275 after the unlock.
Hummel is 200, 275 using the new shells.
This is according to the last time when I checked them a while ago!!

But the problem now as we said is that the Priest aimed salvo has the highest range of all, about 300.. if not more in fact... Earlier available and generally paying much cheaper costs for its salvos on the other hand while also having such a great accuracy combined with a high rate of fire by default as u can see!
That's why we believe that the ammo HTs should reduce the barrage prices by some more... And that the Hummel should recieve more range when the stationary mode is activated.. maybe up to 290 even.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Sherman 105 can be really cheaper... Agreed.
The Maultier barrage as well.. not more than -10 ammo perhaps.

And yes, I am aware enough that the flak 88s barrage is costing only 35 ammo.. it would be 50 then also added to the Luft ones.
This is already listed btw on the following final list of which I have been preparing for! But it is also included that the RA 75mm HTs barrage price would be increased to 40 ammo instead of 25 for now...

I think something is actually wrong with the data u have provided about the ranges of each; the Hummel, the Priest and the Wespe too.
Wespe range is 200, 250 using the new shells.
Priest is 200, 275 after the unlock.
Hummel is 200, 275 using the new shells.
This is according to the last time when I checked them a while ago!!

But the problem now as we said is that the Priest aimed salvo has the highest range of all, about 300.. if not more in fact... Earlier available and generally paying much cheaper costs for its salvos on the other hand while also having such a great accuracy combined with a high rate of fire by default as u can see!
That's why we believe that the ammo HTs should reduce the barrage prices by some more... And that the Hummel should recieve more range when the stationary mode is activated.. maybe up to 290 even.

check ability, not weapon. The "range"-> "mid" is only the classification. The provided "max" range is 900-1000 and thats wrong. Search vehicle, look ability name, search ability and there you find range. There you have to look.

The weapon data file is relevant for damage and reload (and maybe accuracy/scatter but not sure).

For the 150 neblers i wouldnt the cost. Just change damage from 100-150 to 150. For Hummel i would simply set damage values from 400-600 to 500-600 or simply 600. Also i would range to 175 such as walking stuka has and the walking stuka to 150 range (as calli has). In return the "set up" and "dismantle" time would be removed.

Generally i would add to all arty a 0.75 damage modifier to tanks. That why the ammount of tanks that die to arty could be reduced. Coz sometimes its quite amazing how many tanks (especially when using a few more) die to arty. Its even very frequent strategy to fire 210 nebler, 320 stuka and arty in general against allied tank assaults. The 210 nebler is my personal favorit tank killer unit.