Tank hunters wont ambush!

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Panzer-Lehr-Division

Tank hunters wont ambush!

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

As it say i can not ambush any tankhunters?? last days i seen ppl push with jp Nashorn etc i were woundering and today i played as th, i were woundering why i can not hide my tanks in yellow cover? not even bushes!? no tankhunter of pe works wierdly all wh ones does? the only one working is hetzer? we lost a game to a signle sp because i could not ambush any tankhunter! thats kinda annoying and seem to be appear only in pe tank hunter!
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Warhawks97

Re: Tank hunters wont ambush!

Post by Warhawks97 »

I just proved that everything is ok with ambush (for TH TD´s).

But its nothing new that lots of players do not know about the ambushes at all or that they dont know the bonuses it gives. Not long time ago a guy did send most of his nashorns offensively against SP and feed it. But thats simply players fault.

At least for me all TD´s and their ambushes are working properly.
Attachments
temp.rec
(937.17 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Panzer-Lehr-Division

But i told you that maps with less forest are kinda useless for tankhunters since you can no more hide them just no more in yellow cover and yea i were woundering why ppl push with jps and Nashorns anyways now i know
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

well, i would say that every map provides a spott to ambush, even on desert maps i can find them. And not even to mention late games when maps are completely bombed by arty.

I cant remember a map where i couldnt find a good spot for an ambush.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Thats What i try to tell i can no more ambush my tanks in bombed ground! Like if some arty shells hit the ground it will provide yellow cover i drive my tankhunter in that hole ans no ambush Symbol appear it may work for you and i Seen but not for me or mostly much other players wh tankhunters work AS they DId always and i can proof you that trough my stream once

Cyberzombie

Post by Cyberzombie »

Last two times I played SE I also wasn't able to ambush any Nashorn, Hetzer worked. Don't know about TH doc though.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Yeah, Allie tanks can ambush everywhere AS much they want same with wh last month it also worked for PE dunno if it is a bug wierdly, wh def doc got the same tankhunter AS TH doc and yet it also can ambush everywhere wtf?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Def and TH use both the IV/48. But Def has the IV/A, the Th doc IV/70.

However, allis cant not ambush everywhere. Both need exact same conditions: Bushes/trees, yellow craters. The only units that can ambush everywhere are AT guns. AT Halftrakcs can hide everywhere except on streets/negative cover.

I think its somehow buggy for you and nothing intentionally. For me it worked again fine. But such "computer specific bugs" may occure i think. When the rangers received the ambush ability i also had trouble with that ability while other players did not.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Wanted to bump this issue again, i find it interesting how some players have it but others don't!
I have never encountered this bug before myself.. but I have watched different live streams where players couldn't ambush their tank hunters even when nearby big trees.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

I think the mortar makes a big enoguh crater for tank hunter to ambush in. If not, craters are easy to create.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Yes, but the glitch we are talking about here.. is when the ambush ability doesn't want to be ever activated! Always only rapid firing position... Not sure if you have seen it before; I have personally seen it with some players.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Yes, but the glitch we are talking about here.. is when the ambush ability doesn't want to be ever activated! Always only rapid firing position... Not sure if you have seen it before; I have personally seen it with some players.

Confirm. Sometimes it takes place to be with TH , I don`t know why too ...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I have an idea. Markr can you check one thing? For example when you have Stug IV, it has ambush ability. In it's requirements there is stated: "requires bushes or trees OR vehicle to be in cover". That means it can ambush also when standing in a crater. My point is, maybe some TD like Jagdpanzers don't have that second possibility? How about that?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

JimQwilleran wrote:I have an idea. Markr can you check one thing? For example when you have Stug IV, it has ambush ability. In it's requirements there is stated: "requires bushes or trees OR vehicle to be in cover". That means it can ambush also when standing in a crater. My point is, maybe some TD like Jagdpanzers don't have that second possibility? How about that?

They do. Did that dozens of times. It happens literally randomly. Like the game says: " I am to lazzy today to ambush your shitty tank"

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I was never able to ambush any Jagdpanzer (PE and Def) in a crater, never ever. Only by the trees, but it's pain in the ass to set them up close enough and not to kill that damn bush.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

I also experienced this, axis tank Hunter have to find a tree or Bush, have to be careful not to brake them and in cover they cant ambush, dunno if it depends also from map

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

its map related, its not a bug, you just need to carefully choose a spot without destroying bushes or trees around in order to camo your unit, simple as that, about craters i don't think so except if there is an object near by, yes U.S. tanks have atm more facility to hide compare to Axis Panzers.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:its map related, its not a bug, you just need to carefully choose a spot without destroying bushes or trees around in order to camo your unit, simple as that, about craters i don't think so except if there is an object near by.

Thx for the clarification.. meh :| it's a bit annoying in some maps, especially because allied TDs can ambush everywhere in cover, even in the smallest crater
Last edited by Leonida [525] on 11 May 2017, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes U.S. tanks do have more facilities to hide.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Well. Is that a change ysou did? Coz i ambushed axis td´s in craters million of times over years.

Also i had moments in which one jagdpanzer IV could ambush on a certain spot while the second one (in same game) could not.

I had a game in which i could ambush Hetzer and Jagdpanther in a crater while the IV/70 could not.

I still dont belive its map related or that axis have less options to hide.

I even tested it once with a mate. While i could ambush my TD´s he couldnt do so with the exact same unit on the exact same spot in the exact same test game.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:I still dont belive its map related or that axis have less options to hide.
I even tested it once with a mate. While i could ambush my TD´s he couldnt do so with the exact same unit on the exact same spot in the exact same test game.
This would indicate that it is not map related but on the other hand it would also indicate that it is not problem of the unit - if your test-mate had exactly the same unit in the exactly same spot and you were able to use ambush and he was not, then it is not unit-related either because both units would act the same. If your test results are correct then it looks more like a purely multiplayer problem...which brings me to a question - has anyone of you experienced this in singleplayer (skirmish)?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:I still dont belive its map related or that axis have less options to hide.
This would indicate that it is not map related but on the other hand it would also indicate that it is not problem of the unit - if your test-mate had exactly the same unit in the exactly same spot and you were able to use ambush and he was not, then it is not unit-related either because both units would act the same. If your test results are correct then it looks more like a purely multiplayer problem...which brings me to a question - has anyone of you experienced this in singleplayer (skirmish)?

Yes, I did. Will test again soon.

But that reminds me on a bug occured when rangers first received the ability to ambush. While many other players could use it properly, i wasnt able to do that. Is it possible that it is the "pc´s fault". Like game was "loaded wrong". Idk. That it occures so randomly to some players makes it really strange.

Frost

Post by Frost »

Hello

i want to bump this agin ive been having this problem i think its not about bush it self or tree its a bug idk form what cause i used a hetzer to a bush it couldnt ambush and also i moved a hetzer into a exp hole it could ambush then i moved it and agin i couldnt ambush in the same spot

also i moved a hetzer into a bush there is a loc where to you can ambush if you moved a little bit foward ambush gone and rapid fire comes instead i think its not logical you should either make it a real ambush when near bush or tree or cover etc... or not i dont wanna lose my tank or TD to some weird not logical stuff also i think new people will suffer greatly from this the

Frost

Post by Frost »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Yes U.S. tanks do have more facilities to hide.

i think hetzer could easily camuflag its very small and thin it was designed for this anyway

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Last games i could ambush my hetzer pretty much everywhere. A small crater was enough to hide it. Thats i think how its supposed to be.