Jumbo Sherman call in failure - 4.9.3

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
kwok
Team Member

Jumbo Sherman call in failure - 4.9.3

Post by kwok »

Tried to call in jumbo sherman, did not come in. Was costed and put on cool down. Map was angloville. Maybe it has to do with popcap?

Sorry, no screenshot. I wouldn't know how to take a picture of something that didn't happen. But attached replay.
Attachments
temp.rec
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Wolf
Administrator

Re: Jumbo Sherman call in failure - 4.9.3

Post by Wolf »

I don't really have time to watch it, but if you suspect that it was popcap, then it probably was, I experienced that too few times.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hm. Well I wasn't sure. But, if it is pop cap, what would be the detailed reason? Is it because it believes it's only X pop cap but in actuality it's Y? Is there a way to be SURE the Jumbo comes in? It was really aggravating to be saving up for a jumbo, and not get it, especially in at a critical moment.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

The problem is that popcap varies, and as jumbo doesn't come instantly (atleast if I remember it correctly), you could have made other unit in meantime, which increased your pop and the pop you had for jumbo is now not enough. I think problem was in this, but I am really guessing from few of my experiences, I never tested it, so... somebody can test it or smtn.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I ran through the replay, and I believe that's what happened. I reinforced some squads and ate some popcap. That cancelled the jumbo I guess. Is it unreasonable to make the call-ins instant? What is the purpose of the delay?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I also always wondered why the CQBs are instantly called once ordered unlike Storms??!!

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Tiger1996 wrote:I also always wondered why the CQBs are instantly called once ordered unlike Storms??!!

Storms = allrounder
CQB = highly specialized unit

kwok wrote:I ran through the replay, and I believe that's what happened. I reinforced some squads and ate some popcap. That cancelled the jumbo I guess. Is it unreasonable to make the call-ins instant? What is the purpose of the delay?

I guess it should prevent stuff like "Oh there's an enemy tank, lemme get my call in and flank it." (which is the purpose of the CQB squad, to do so with inf)
That way you still have to plan ahead until it arrives, so you have to think if it's worth wasting all that MP for a single tank, or if you build something else to stop it.

But that's simply how I guess it's intended.

Krieger Blitzer

I only wondered why the Storms are not instantly arriving or I meant.. spawning immediately once u call them, unlike the situation with the CQBs on the other hand! And u r telling me it's because of that they are all-rounder? :D Dude, I am now not comparing between the performance of those 2 units even o.O So if I asked u now why there is a retreat bug with the Storm units after throwing their heavy nades; u would then reply me the same?? That it's because they are all-rounder??? :P

And btw the CQBs are the all-rounder ones in my opinion and NOT the Storms. CQBs=deploy and go! As well as they are always a surprise appearing from nowhere in such crucial moments. While u still need to upgrade the Storms with good weapons paying a lot of ammo...

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

CQB is an inf squad capable of fighting very good in close combat, and capable of fighting bike and schwimms with it's zooka, sometimes even light vehicles.
(Btw. their zooka ability is a joke. Costs 50(?) ammo and misses as often as a normal zooka)

Storms are cpapble of fighting on short, medium, long distances + can be equipped with schreck STG44 and lmg42 or 34, i don't remember. They have evasive manevure and can throw nade bundles. They are cpable of fighting EVERYTHING.
CQB is not.

It's not about performance, it's about possibilities. And storms are capable of doing way more.

But whatever. This topic is not about CQB and Storm squads. Let's please just stop here and go back to Jumbo.

Krieger Blitzer

Still this doesn't justify anyhow such a delaying bug after the call-in command order!

Anyways, the cost of the CQB Zooka is only 35 ammo btw.. but whatever...