CD could not be verified

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Skavenger

CD could not be verified

Post by Skavenger »

Hi guys,

me and my friends are planing to play Blitzkrieg Mod in a LAN so we need the normal version of COH. New steam version runs perfectly but the normal version and the DLCs want a CD to start. Even when we have CDs in our discdrive COH doesnt read them. Also the normal version runs at a friend of mine but as soon as he starts the mod he gets the same message. :shock: We both have Win7 64-bit and powerful hardware so that can`t be the problem. I hope you can help me.

Greetings from germany
Skavenger

Krieger Blitzer

Re: CD could not be verified

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Shall this be moved to the technical support section maybe? It's not a bug so far...

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Why do you need to play it over LAN?
Why don't you just connect both to the internet, and play "online" via steam together? That would make it way more easy :D

If that's no possiblity:

As far as I understood you, you have a second CoH installed without Steam which won't launch (as it's asking for the CD). Am I right?
If so, did you install Tales of Valor DLC? Iirc, CoH got rid of that "check for CD" with ToV.

Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

Because LAN is way more awesome than to play it over the internet. you can laugh at your opponents face when you win :D yes but i uninstalled the new steam version and it still doesnt work and of course i installed the dlcs

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

If you want to play with the CD version install it from the CD and start it with the disc. You may need to enter the serial codes yourself then, on every computer.
The steam version works in LAN too, you just need internet connection to install and start it.

By the way, this belongs to Technical Support, as Tiger1996 wrote already.

Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

The problem is that the steam keys arent working with the cds. the discs are from a friend of mine.

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

The original CD keys should work, at least if they are original and not the ones from steam. (Should be the same?)

Try to get your original key here: https://cohtool.sega.co.uk/?t=en_US

Palle

Post by Palle »

Hey there,

i've the same problem:

bought CoH Gold Version and Tales of Valor via Steam Sale

- download the 2.602 Version, it starts normal and i can play, no problem.
- installing latest Blitzkrieg Mod + Patch (normal version still playable)
- BUT Blitzkrieg Mod says something like "Disk can't be verified"

what can i do? We need the LAN version 2.602 to play it in the next weeks, the New Steam Version isn't an option.

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

Hey, try #1 from this post: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=784

Instead using of using this:

Code: Select all

-applaunch 228200 -mod Blitzkrieg -nomovies -dev

replace the 228200 with one of the CoH app id's you have installed in your Steam library:

Company of Heroes - 4560
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - 9340
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - 20540

So if you want to start CoH Opposing Fronts with BK Mod, use this one:

Code: Select all

-applaunch 9340 -mod Blitzkrieg -nomovies -dev

And make sure you installed Blitzkrieg into the correct directory. If you are not using the new steam version, you have to select the normal CoH folder when installing it, not the CoH relaunch one.

Palle

Post by Palle »

AHHHH

Give that man a cookie, this works :D

many thanks man

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

Skavenger wrote:The problem is that the steam keys arent working with the cds. the discs are from a friend of mine.

Iirc, you could install CoH (NOT steam version) from CD and enter the same code to any of them. It will still work via LAN. Afaik this is how we did it when we still played without steam.

Armynator wrote:The original CD keys should work, at least if they are original and not the ones from steam. (Should be the same?)

Use the one from a CD. Steam codes are different, you just have the option to enter an original CoH CD key in steam to get it, but not the other way round.

Skavenger wrote:Because LAN is way more awesome than to play it over the internet. you can laugh at your opponents face when you win :D

What I meant was that you all sit together in the same room, but instead of playing via LAN you simply all connect to the internet and play via steam. That's also how we did it during the last LAN parties, as vCOh via LAN was always a big pain in the ass :D

Armynator

Post by Armynator »

Butterkeks wrote:Use the one from a CD. Steam codes are different, you just have the option to enter an original CoH CD key in steam to get it, but not the other way round.

My keys in steam are the original ones from the discs, and they worked with the normal CD version. They are exactly the same for me, but maybe thats just me.

If all your computers having internet access, the best way is to use the new steam version. If you create a game and someone who is connected via LAN joins, the LAN connection should be used automatically. At least that works without problems for me when testing stuff with 2 computers via LAN.

Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

Still isn't working. I`m slowly turning into the hulk xD It starts the mod but it still wants the goddamn disc..

Skavenger

Post by Skavenger »

Additionaly I should say it isn`t a problem of the mod itself the non steam version in general doesnt want to start without the CD :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: