CW Arty bugs

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
atazs

CW Arty bugs

Post by atazs »

I noticed that a lot of times arty emplacements refuse to fire. I give them the order to fire, the ability is active but the gun is refusing to fire, sometimes they raise the barrel but still not fire, other times they do nothing after turning the emplacement to the direction i want to fire. When this happens, cancelling the ability will give me no cooldown on it, meaning i can instantly use it again. I noticed this with priests too sometimes but very rarely. Sometimes they start firing then just stop for no reason but the ability is still active.
I also noticed that activating overwatch on the the smaller howitzer emplacements, will allow you to fire normal arty which will immedietly cancel the overwatch and starts firing whereas with the Priests and i think even the bigger howitzer emplacements you have to manually cancel the overwatch first and then wait a minute or so before you can fire again.
Also there is a command ability to call in heavy artillery for 150 ammo, i believe you can use that even in the fog of war. Is that intended?

Butterkeks

Re: CW Arty bugs

Post by Butterkeks »

atazs wrote:I noticed that a lot of times arty emplacements refuse to fire. I give them the order to fire, the ability is active but the gun is refusing to fire, sometimes they raise the barrel but still not fire, other times they do nothing after turning the emplacement to the direction i want to fire. When this happens, cancelling the ability will give me no cooldown on it, meaning i can instantly use it again. I noticed this with priests too sometimes but very rarely. Sometimes they start firing then just stop for no reason but the ability is still active.
I also noticed that activating overwatch on the the smaller howitzer emplacements, will allow you to fire normal arty which will immedietly cancel the overwatch and starts firing whereas with the Priests and i think even the bigger howitzer emplacements you have to manually cancel the overwatch first and then wait a minute or so before you can fire again.

Well I can't give you the reason for emplacements (I seldomly build them and I never experienced this with them to be honest) but I can do it for the priests.

The priest hast to stand on flat ground, if it stands on sloped ground it will not fire. Dunno if this is just a bug or intended, but if intended it would make sense.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

And i have the described problems also sometimes with inf dco 107 mortar. The ability is "yellow" which should indicate its active. But its not. Instead the mortar does nothing anymore unless i press the "stop" button.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

DaŇjeL_SK

Post by DaŇjeL_SK »

same problem with nebels... most of time luftwaffe nebs and heavy nebsof SE... they just smoke and steal u ammo.... but fon't shot

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

DaŇjeL_SK wrote:same problem with nebels... most of time luftwaffe nebs and heavy nebsof SE... they just smoke and steal u ammo.... but fon't shot

This is a known issue. If you you tell Nebel to shoot at something out of his range (so he has to move to shoot at it) he will only produce fog.
Therefore: If you have Nebels, only attack targets in range.