5.3.1 bugs

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Viper

Re: 5.3.1 bugs

Post by Viper »

Diablo wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 04:30
MarKr wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 20:54
You need both to have access to Firestorm. It is arty (that's why you need to unlock something from the arty line), but also fire-based weapon (that's why there's the dependancy on incendiary weapons unlock.
Just wanted to chime in expressing my support for this reasoning. Now the firestorm needs just a bit of it's oomph back or maybe a cost drop, to be worth it.
the reasoning is fine. it is ok for firestorm to be connected with two unlocks.......but the argument is about the problematic way its been done.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Really I don't see how it's "problematic" at all.
Yes, I fired up BK to try out the changes and had a little question mark moment when trying to unlock firestorm.
It took a few seconds to understand, but then it clicked. Done. Understood. Really not that complex and newb punishing as described here.

Sure, for polishing you could play around and find another way to explain this graphically speaking. I'm not sure if there are more symbols to use in between those CP fields. Though I believe there was an arrow with a horizontal stripe across its point. ->|
Maybe just use those to signify something to be different about this unlock? If it's really that important...

Malarki83

Post by Malarki83 »

I noticed, Sniper doesn´t shoot when inside buildings.

Mood

Post by Mood »

With the latest beta version TC's don't gain any experience inside Sturmtigers it seems. I launched a game to test the balance of that unit and after 50 or so kills, my TC (who was inside ever since the vehicle exited the factory) was still at rank 0.

Red

Post by Red »

Would it please be possible to double-check the Sherman Calliope's 75mm gun? It seemed to do wonders against Panther A front armor, subjectvely much better than "regular" Shermans (could also have been pure luck, though).

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Malarki83 wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 17:31
I noticed, Sniper doesn´t shoot when inside buildings.
Which map and which building? Sometimes it's because the building itself doesn't have proper windows.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Red wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 20:56
Would it please be possible to double-check the Sherman Calliope's 75mm gun? It seemed to do wonders against Panther A front armor, subjectvely much better than "regular" Shermans (could also have been pure luck, though).
The sherman calliope 75mm gun uses the identical weapons file as the m4 sherman 75mm gun. It is likely extreme luck.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Mood

Post by Mood »

When replenishing heavy tank busters you don't always automatically get a soldier with panzerschreck anymore (if the original one died). This means that you can have a squad with no free AT.
Also worth noting that they didn't actaully "drop" their weapon in combat when the soldier carrying it died.

I assume it's a bug in the new version since I've never seen this issue before, unless it's an old and extremely rare bug?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Can you reliably recreate it so we can diagnose why that happens?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Mood wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 02:45
I assume it's a bug in the new version since I've never seen this issue before, unless it's an old and extremely rare bug?
The last update changed nothing about hand-held AT, nor the squads, so I would say it's some general, rare bug.

Red

Post by Red »

When playing CW RE, I cannot seem to understand how to upgrade my CW Rifles for the Precision Shot (I can upgrade Bren and Rifle Grenade).
Maybe a button is missing there?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Red wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 09:28
When playing CW RE, I cannot seem to understand how to upgrade my CW Rifles for the Precision Shot (I can upgrade Bren and Rifle Grenade).
I checked it and there is a mistake - the sniper upgrade and ability are present on the rifle section from HQ truck. The squad from HQ glider doesn't have the upgrade and thus also no ability.

Will be fixed next time.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

MarKr wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 12:36
Red wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 09:28
I checked it and there is a mistake - the sniper upgrade and ability are present on the rifle section from HQ truck. The squad from HQ glider doesn't have the upgrade and thus also no ability.

Will be fixed next time.
Can you also check section from CCS? just to be sure?

Mood

Post by Mood »

MarKr wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 07:47
Mood wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 02:45
The last update changed nothing about hand-held AT, nor the squads, so I would say it's some general, rare bug.
kwok wrote:
07 Jul 2022, 06:08
Can you reliably recreate it so we can diagnose why that happens?

I guess it had to be a rare bug then, not necessarily connected to the update. I've been unable to recreate it in later games. Thanks!

Edit:
Another bug that's been around for a long time, which I'm surprised no one (?) has reported yet:

If you play PE and pick the Panzer Support Doctrine, once you unlock "Double Infantry AT Efforts", infantry is no longer able to throw the AT grenades from either buildings or trenches as the icon disappears and isn't replaced by the double AT one.

Ralf0206

Post by Ralf0206 »

I just want to report that the 57mm AT half-track from the Commonwealth Field Support truck does not come with APCR equipped automatically and still has to manually equip it. I do not believe that is intentional, especially since the same unit on in the US motor pool does not require the upgrade.
Anime is art.
- Kwok 2022

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Ralf0206 wrote:
14 Jul 2022, 19:57
I just want to report that the 57mm AT half-track from the Commonwealth Field Support truck does not come with APCR equipped automatically and still has to manually equip it. I do not believe that is intentional, especially since the same unit on in the US motor pool does not require the upgrade.
yes, we overlooked it. Will be fixed next time. Thanks for the report.

Mood

Post by Mood »

I noticed that if a flamer explodes on pioneers but the squads survive, then new flamers won't be handed out at reinforcement. You're also unable to upgrade the squad with new ones. Is this intended or a bug?
If the first part is intended, shouldn't you be able to pay munition for new ones at least? Haven't had engineers or sappers have their flamers exploded yet so I don't know if they have the same issue.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I think this is a game limitation. Every unit upgrade has defined how many times a squad can get it. This prevents players from putting 6 LMGs on squads. However, weapon upgrades give new weapons in form of so called "slot items". The game checks if or how many times you've purchased an upgrade for a unit, but not how many "slot items" are present on a squad. So when you give a flamethrower upgrade to a squad, the squad is "flagged" as "they have received this upgrade already" but it doesn't check if the squad actually has the flamethrower "slot item" on them.
So I guess it works along the game engine "rules" but the rules aren't ideal.

On the other hand, weapons gained through "slot items" shouldn't disappear when a soldier dies, they should be passed on to another soldier with a stock weapon. On the other other hand, it would make sense that when a flamer explodes ut destroys the weapon so maybe Relic did this for flamers on purpose? It's really hard to tell at this point what behavior Relic intended and what they didn't.