Luftwaffe strafe run

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Erich

Luftwaffe strafe run

Post by Erich »

there is a bug with luft strafe run, it destroy instantly any light vehicle on its path or at least outside of strafe target.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Luftwaffe strafe run

Post by MarKr »

Luft straffe plane doesn't have just MGs, it also has a small autocannon that can penetrate light armor. This autocannon works same as the Henschel cannon - it doesn't just shoot blindly on ground but it aims for targets in front of the plane. We limited Henschels to only shoot at targets in the target area because their 75mm cannons can kill even heavy tanks and so one Henschel strike was able to make losses of more than a 1000MP and several hundred Fuel in one pass. We kept it for the straffe plane but maybe we'll limit it too, if it is necessary.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Ehm. Henschel seems to kill along the flight path after all.

And it's silly that a strafe has a autocanon with guided shells. It should only hit the strafed target area.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I'd much prefer if the plane fires its 20mm only in the designated area.. because it fires it only once throughout its flight path and ends up killing stuff i didn't want it to kill... For example, i aimed it on the mortar HT, but ends up killing a medic truck somewhere else!

For Henschels on the other hand, i am fine if they target anything in their flight path.. since they don't have bombs to drop, bullets or even rockets, and generally.. i don't mind airplanes being OP as long as AA is reliable.

Maybe at some point we will have an Axis jet model that fires rockets similar to RAF & AB as reward for Henschels.

Viper

Post by Viper »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 15:38

Maybe at some point we will have an Axis jet model that fires rockets similar to RAF & AB as reward for Henschels.
has to be the ME 262

Krieger Blitzer

Viper wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 16:15
has to be the ME 262
Yes, here is a little surprise:
Model is work in progress 8-)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 16:45
Viper wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 16:15
has to be the ME 262
Yes, here is a little surprise:
Model is work in progress 8-)

The 262 didn't fire missiles vs ground targets. Only dropped bombs. Germany never used air to ground missiles in the amount allied did. The 109 and 190 could carry two wgr21 missiles. Essentially 210 mm nebelwerfer rockets. But they got mainly used against USAAF bomber streams.

In 1945, at the very last days, Germany developed the small R4M Air to Air missile. It had similar characteristics as a 30 mm round. The me 262 had 24 of them. The FW190 D variant could carry 13 under each wing. At the very last days they developed a anti tank variant of this R4M missile which a very fw190 deployed against Russian tanks.

So I would stay away from German missile runs. It would be just another ability created out of thin air. And there is not even a need for that.

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 20:26
The 262 didn't fire missiles vs ground targets. Only dropped bombs. Germany never used air to ground missiles in the amount allied did. The 109 and 190 could carry two wgr21 missiles. Essentially 210 mm nebelwerfer rockets. But they got mainly used against USAAF bomber streams.

In 1945, at the very last days, Germany developed the small R4M Air to Air missile. It had similar characteristics as a 30 mm round. The me 262 had 24 of them. The FW190 D variant could carry 13 under each wing. At the very last days they developed a anti tank variant of this R4M missile which a very fw190 deployed against Russian tanks.

So I would stay away from German missile runs. It would be just another ability created out of thin air. And there is not even a need for that.
We don't have to dive too deep into historical/realistic stuff.. otherwise a lot of things would be questionable in the game. And even the current Allied rocket airstrikes, the way how they fire and their performance would be also questionable. Though, just as a side note; in WarThunder the Me262 does actually carry unguided missiles which you can use vs both anti air and anti ground targets... So, it's not fictional, and the plane definitely participated in ww2.

Moreover, from a game-play perspective; it's actually needed. Henschels were never as good as the RAF airstrike, which got "imported" to AB doc.
A rocket airstrike for Axis would make it more even, and at the same time; a new model to demonstrate, in my opinion.

So, when the model is done; i don't see why we shouldn't try it.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 20:52
Warhawks97 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 20:26

We don't have to dive too deep into historical/realistic stuff.. otherwise a lot of things would be questionable in the game. And even the current Allied rocket airstrikes, the way how they fire and their performance would be also questionable. Though, just as a side note; in WarThunder the Me262 does actually carry unguided missiles which you can use vs both anti air and anti ground targets... So, it's not fictional, and the plane definitely participated in ww2.

Moreover, from a game-play perspective; it's actually needed. Henschels were never as good as the RAF airstrike, which got "imported" to AB doc.
A rocket airstrike for Axis would make it more even, and at the same time; a new model to demonstrate, in my opinion.

So, when the model is done; i don't see why we shouldn't try it.

As I said, we don't need fictional stuff when not needed. Personally I find henschel better than allies rocket runs.

War thunder should never be taken srsly. The me262 used the small r4m missiles as I said. But it was An air to air missile. Based on that a so called Panzerblitz was developed used by fw190.

I see absolutely no need for the implementation of jets and missiles.

Where will it end? Super Pershing, me262 with air to ground missiles... V1 tomahawk cruise missile? Black prince? Centurion tank?

Perhaps we should create a 1946 mod where we can add all those "what if stuff". Just as the IL2 flight sim series once created a IL2 1946.

I want to keep the ww2 immersion in this game. And there is really no gameplay need for this at all.

I would rather see the fw190 with 6 SD70 fragmentation bombs or SC50 bombs coming back. It was cool and actually existed. It would replace the stuka which will remain a BK doc special.

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 21:58
As I said, we don't need fictional stuff when not needed. Personally I find henschel better than allies rocket runs.

War thunder should never be taken srsly. The me262 used the small r4m missiles as I said. But it was An air to air missile. Based on that a so called Panzerblitz was developed used by fw190.

I see absolutely no need for the implementation of jets and missiles.

Where will it end? Super Pershing, me262 with air to ground missiles... V1 tomahawk cruise missile? Black prince? Centurion tank?

Perhaps we should create a 1946 mod where we can add all those "what if stuff". Just as the IL2 flight sim series once created a IL2 1946.

I want to keep the ww2 immersion in this game. And there is really no gameplay need for this at all.

I would rather see the fw190 with 6 SD70 fragmentation bombs or SC50 bombs coming back. It was cool and actually existed. It would replace the stuka which will remain a BK doc special.
just to clarify something, what i am all about is the following; there is no wrong to include the model in the game files and test it.. but whether it ends up being in a live release or not, is something the devs & community would then surely discuss and decide, and i wouldn't be mad if the model doesn't end up in the actual versions of the game... i am doing it mainly for fun and learning.

Though; i wouldn't say it's fictional to be honest, and i wouldn't put Super Pershing & Me262 together in the same bucket as Black Price and Centurion tanks or Cruise Missiles.. because those are post war weapons, whereas the Super Pershing & Me262 are indeed part of the 2nd world war and have seen combat before the war ended.

Nevertheless, i am not stressing about it.. as i mentioned, worst case scenario it can be just tested in BETAs, but not in the actual release if the community & devs don't feel good enough about it, won't be an issue.

Regarding the FW bombing strike, yes.. it was awesome, but i think the model had an issue of some sort? Do you recall what the issue was btw?
Maybe i can fix it.

Erich

Post by Erich »

MarKr wrote:
07 Jan 2022, 08:47
Luft straffe plane doesn't have just MGs, it also has a small autocannon that can penetrate light armor. This autocannon works same as the Henschel cannon - it doesn't just shoot blindly on ground but it aims for targets in front of the plane. We limited Henschels to only shoot at targets in the target area because their 75mm cannons can kill even heavy tanks and so one Henschel strike was able to make losses of more than a 1000MP and several hundred Fuel in one pass. We kept it for the straffe plane but maybe we'll limit it too, if it is necessary.
Yeah i wanted to know if it was intended or not cuz we usually compare thing from different doc, i thought it was meant to be exactly the same as AB. Anyway if its intended then its fine then. About balance idk what to say about it for now.

Krieger Blitzer

I also remembered the issue with the FW airstrike.. it had no wreck\crashing model.

If that's fixed, we can maybe get it back as reward for Stuka airstrike, although it's not really need since Stuka is already doing the job just fine.. unless it becomes a reward for Henschels... That would be another story.

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

i like it as it is.
US strafe is anyway more potent right now.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Consti255 wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 22:58
i like it as it is.
US strafe is anyway more potent right now.
In which way? I've never seen a difference except for axis strafe killing several vehicles across the map in one guy. Only target area should be affected. That's the point of a strafe

Krieger Blitzer

Warhawks97 wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 16:25
In which way? I've never seen a difference except for axis strafe killing several vehicles across the map in one guy. Only target area should be affected. That's the point of a strafe
Messerschmitt only fires its 20mm guns once per flight.. realistically impossible to kill "several vehicles" in one go.

And the targeted vehicle is randomly picked.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

If I understood MarkR right, it is shooting anything on its path. It was limited on Henshels, but not on Me plane. And it is indeed does kill more than 1 unit in a row.
Nonetheless, strafes are too powerfull on my taste now, so it won't change the overall picture for both sides anyway.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Consti255

Post by Consti255 »

if we nerf the Axis one, the US one should get nerfed aswell.

Its wider and more leathal and one shots every vehicle aswell.
Nerf Mencius

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Krieger Blitzer wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 18:43
Warhawks97 wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 16:25
Messerschmitt only fires its 20mm guns once per flight.. realistically impossible to kill "several vehicles" in one go.

And the targeted vehicle is randomly picked.
Correction: 5 rounds. I already managed to kill 3 vehicles in one go. I think i have updated and commented the replay here in the forum a while back when i figured it out. I just noticed it in a replay that i killed stuff i wasnt aware i even killed it throughout the game.

Also, it does have a pretty wide cone in which it hits vehicles which just adds to its sillyness.

Consti255 wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 22:10
if we nerf the Axis one, the US one should get nerfed aswell.

Its wider and more leathal and one shots every vehicle aswell.

There is a huge different. US may hit a bit larger target area but lethality is the same for both. IIRC the Me 109 lands 10000 or 20000 rounds in this tiny target area.

The 20 mm can hit 5 targets (each enough to kill a vehicle) in its entire flight path. As said, i have managed to score kills with it "accidentially" at random spots along the flight path without even noticing it. The cal 50 kills vehicles but only in the target area. It aims at the target area, the 20 mm aims at targets rather than the targeted area. I would simply add more 20 mm rounds to be fired in order to kill vehicles in the target location.

Another silly thing that can happen is that you target a vehicle but there are more vehicles and tanks accross the flight path which are being hit instead and the vehicle i was supposed to kill didnt get a scratch even. Which is frustrating as well just in a opposite way.