M20 Command car

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
tarakancheg

M20 Command car

Post by tarakancheg »

Command car seems to not get vet from kills, which were made by tanks in a command aura range. it feels like it is so for other command vehicles too.
Attachments
temp.rec
(4.46 MiB) Downloaded 13 times

MarKr
Team Member

Re: M20 Command car

Post by MarKr »

Getting shared XP was for some reason disabled for M20. The CW Command tank was able to get XP but it had to be very close to the sharing tank - it will be fixed in the next update. WM Command tank should work fine.

Not sure if it is clear but "XP sharing", only shares a percentage of XP gained by the unit that killed something (usually 60% of the total XP). It is only visible in the way that the leader unit gets promotions, but the unit doesn't get shown any kills in its panel. Also, the command vehicle doesn't get XP from its entire command range, but only from units with the range of "35" from it.

tarakancheg

Post by tarakancheg »

Glad it will be fixed.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

can we increase the exp share range to the actual command range?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Warhawks97 wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 17:50
can we increase the exp share range to the actual command range?
Yes. This please.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

We can but should we? Higher range means XP from more units, XP from more units means faster vet ups for the command vehicle, that means stronger bonuses sooner and that means faster power creep.

Is it really needed? If I hadn't told you about the range you probably wouldn't have even noticed it...

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

MarKr wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 19:50
We can but should we? Higher range means XP from more units, XP from more units means faster vet ups for the command vehicle, that means stronger bonuses sooner and that means faster power creep.

Is it really needed? If I hadn't told you about the range you probably wouldn't have even noticed it...
People barely use command units now and therefore don’t see any power creep or bonuses from them. I can remember just one game out of the last twenty where I used a command vehicle. It was as Blitz on Bloody Gulch and I saw my four PIV Hs (including one command tank) get wrecked by two Sherman 76Ws (not even E8s). I know that the issue is that I was probably just simply outplayed, but the point is I didn’t even really notice any benefit to introducing the command tank into the mix other than the fact that it brought in another gun with an extremely slow turret.

If you make this change (beta) - I promise I’ll test it out as much as I can.

Wald

P.S. My answer is we need to test it.
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I am for buffing xp range.