Henschel "PanzerKnacker" HS129 useless

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Alman

Henschel "PanzerKnacker" HS129 useless

Post by Alman »

Hi, i usually play 4v4. When i call Hs129 to destroy enemy tank, and there is no enemy AA unit on map (only base AA), HS129 sometimes destroyed even cant fire single shot, or after one shot, 90 percent cant destroy single tank. Sometimes when it is flying down crashed to enemy units and destroy them. i dont understand why it is easy destroyed by base AA. Is it a bug ?

Warhawks97

Re: Henschel "PanzerKnacker" HS129 useless

Post by Warhawks97 »

The henschel saved several of our matches. Killing a bunch of churchills or Pershing in a single run

Aa is weird in general. Def doc 20 mm aa for example completely denies planes. Bk doc puma or Gepard are often unable to kill a plane.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

It is quite inconsistent in my experience as well, sometimes obliterates the entire armor divisions, other time fails to kill a single Sherman.

Red

Post by Red »

Does the top mounted .50cal on the Shermans still provide Anti Air fire?
I had Henschels killed numerous times by a bunch of Shermans.

Total agreement that Henschels are useless on larger maps from my side, but I don't see it as a bug.
I guess against a player unaware of Luftwaffe or against diabled/dug in tanks they can be effective (if they get there alive).

Wake

Post by Wake »

I see the Henschels as being quite inconsistent as well. Sometimes they kill multiple Mark VII Churchills and Shermans in a single run, and other times I wouldn't even notice that the Henschels had been called in unless you told me.

Alman

Post by Alman »

This inconsistent should be bug and must be fixed. It is so inconsistent now :cry:

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I would need to see some replays because all the posts here say "it FEELS inconsistent" but it doesn't say much about the situations under which the "weak" performance occurs. If you send Henschels and there is a unit or two in AA mode somewhere, then yes, they will get shot down just as any plane. If you send them and the targets leave the "strike area" then they obviously won't do much either. It can also happen that the Henschels shoot but some tanks survive because of low damage rolls or stay alive wiht 1HP and some crit (generally bad RNG) - but neither of these situations is a bug. If the targets are there but the Henschels don't shoot or miss majority of the "aimed" shots, then that would be a bug. But it is hard to say which one it is if I cannot see it happen in the game.