Puma 50mm Destroyed by Ranger SMGs

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Walderschmidt

Puma 50mm Destroyed by Ranger SMGs

Post by Walderschmidt »

Sure, it's low health. But this should not be a thing. Pumas don't magically lose their bullet proof status as soon as they're at a sliver of health.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqRdVO8RUpk

Replay:
BETA 5.2.7 Martainville 1v1 me vs Kwokky.rec
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Puma 50mm Destroyed by Ranger SMGs

Post by MarKr »

All small arms have some chance to penetrate armoured vehicles (usually between 10% and 1%) but when they do, they deal very little damage. The penetrative shots happen more often than you notice but since they deal soooo little damage it is often not even visible. But any sort of damage is enough to finish off a vehicle that is this badly damaged.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Not even implying anything, just a legit question:
Was that small arms penetration chance intended by the dev team or is a vcoh thing? And what does this mean for general vehicle vs. infantry balance?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It was in vCoH too but e.g. Garands in vCoH had 4% penetration chance against armored cars and in BK it is 1% so it has been changed at some point by the BK devs. It is probably there so that some abilities can work properly but I don't know for sure.

As for "vehicle vs. infantry balance" even if Garands have 10% chance to penetrate halftracks, they only deal 1.25 damage per bullet and most HTs have 315 HP so you would need to get 252 penetrative hits to destroy a hlaftrack with a Garand. Pretty much any vehicle-mounted weapon can kill an infantry squads before it takes 250 penetrative hits. So, I guess it only means that with some luck, infantry can finish off vehicles with 1HP left.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

So it would seem like only MGs (from my impression specifically HMGs) realistically could fight vehicles and light tanks, though probably not headon.
Quick edit: Because of their high and sustained firerate and access to AP ammo.