[5.2.0] US Pershing dead body became pink

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Rubytooth_UA

[5.2.0] US Pershing dead body became pink

Post by Rubytooth_UA »

I was badly surpried with pink tankwreck of Pershing. Please take a look on the sreenshots. Any suggestions hot to solve this uggly fabrics?
Attachments
relic00001.jpg
relic00000.jpg

MarKr
Team Member

Re: [5.2.0] US Pershing dead body became pink

Post by MarKr »

Pink textures are usually caused by setting "Texture Details" lower than "Ultra".

Rubytooth_UA

Post by Rubytooth_UA »

Good morning MarKr.
Thanks for fast feedback.
I have quite good new config with Ryzen 3700X and GTX1060 6 Gb that runs AC Odyssey on Ultra on FullHD settings.
Of course I know about Ultra settings - and have set it before.
Last time (with old config) the gunner on the Sherman was pink - but now the wrecks of the Pershing... even the little pink trucks lay down on the map. Thats annoying.
Attachments
relic00002.jpg

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Rubytooth_UA wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 08:02
Good morning MarKr.
Thanks for fast feedback.
I have quite good new config with Ryzen 3700X and GTX1060 6 Gb that runs AC Odyssey on Ultra on FullHD settings.
Of course I know about Ultra settings - and have set it before.
Last time (with old config) the gunner on the Sherman was pink - but now the wrecks of the Pershing... even the little pink trucks lay down on the map. Thats annoying.
with your config I'll better choose "high" setting coz of it's switch for dx9/dx10 engine and coh1 better runs with dx9

Rubytooth_UA

Post by Rubytooth_UA »

Thanks for respond crazzy501.
Have you made the same on your PC?
By the way this properties are useable for my config?
Take a look on the screen.
Attachments
graphic_settings.png

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

CoH has sometimes performance problems even on new high-end PCs. It is because the engine is quite poorly optimized and the game was released in 2006 when dual-core processors were also just introduced. This means that the game was created for running on single-core processors and high clock rates is what gives the highest performance boost. The game would probably run smoother on a single-core processor with 5GHz clocking than on a quad-core with 3.5GHz clocking.

Anyway, I suggest you to also check your nVidia panel to see what settings is there given to CoH.exe - sometimes there are different settings than what is set in the game and the control panel overrides the in-game settings, creating all sorts of problems. Try to set everything you can to "controlled by application".

Rubytooth_UA

Post by Rubytooth_UA »

MarKr wrote:
19 Oct 2020, 17:05
CoH has sometimes performance problems even on new high-end PCs. It is because the engine is quite poorly optimized and the game was released in 2006 when dual-core processors were also just introduced. This means that the game was created for running on single-core processors and high clock rates is what gives the highest performance boost. The game would probably run smoother on a single-core processor with 5GHz clocking than on a quad-core with 3.5GHz clocking.

Anyway, I suggest you to also check your nVidia panel to see what settings is there given to CoH.exe - sometimes there are different settings than what is set in the game and the control panel overrides the in-game settings, creating all sorts of problems. Try to set everything you can to "controlled by application".
Thamks a lot for your suggestion! Have a nice evening!

Rubytooth_UA

Post by Rubytooth_UA »

Hi there within 2 years. My wife and son went to Switzerland due to Russian agression and now I stay with my old PC: 8core I7-2600K 3.4 GHz with GTX 1060 Ggb and feels like BKM runs not so smooth like on Ryzen 3700X. I had 30 FPS and time of battle and 45-60 at the time of watching replay. Today I faced with a pink skin of Leopard. Any suggestions how to solve this ugly issue?
The resolution and settings quite ordinary FullHD with medium settings. Who can help - pls give a favor =)
Attachments
relic00026.jpg
Pink_Leo.jpg

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Rubytooth_UA wrote:
30 Jun 2022, 14:17
Hi there within 2 years. My wife and son went to Switzerland due to Russian agression and now I stay with my old PC: 8core I7-2600K 3.4 GHz with GTX 1060 Ggb and feels like BKM runs not so smooth like on Ryzen 3700X. I had 30 FPS and time of battle and 45-60 at the time of watching replay. Today I faced with a pink skin of Leopard. Any suggestions how to solve this ugly issue?
The resolution and settings quite ordinary FullHD with medium settings. Who can help - pls give a favor =)
Hi, the pink texture is usually something that shows up when some graphics settings is set too low. Try to set everything as the screenshot in the 3rd post shows. Even if your PC cannot handle it, set it that way and try if the pink texture is there. If not, try putting the settings back down one by one to see which settings causes it (I would say Texture Detail, but I'm not sure).