Airborne Field HQ while playing Armor doctrine V4.8.6.0.

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Armacalic

Airborne Field HQ while playing Armor doctrine V4.8.6.0.

Post by Armacalic »

While I can't play Commonwealth in the newest patch, I still played a couple of compstomp matches as US to get a feel for the changes. As I usually pick armor, I feel the changes are rather nice. Anyways, back to the topic.

In the games I played I picked Armor, so nothing airborne related, (I played in a custom map, if that has anything to do with it.) and as one of the games transpired, I made a forward barracks at a chokepoint, it was a normal one, nothing out of the ordinary.

But some time later in that match, I ended up moving a scout unit to another building, and picked that other building as FHQ too, not too long after it was completed, I noticed I could spawn AB infantry from that building instead of riflemen. (I can put up an image when I get home showing the Armor doctrine's abilities on the hud and the FHQ with different units from the regular one if needed.)

Is that intended or a bug?

lunarwolf

Re: Airborne Field HQ while playing Armor doctrine V4.8.6.0.

Post by lunarwolf »

did your original FHQ change after u made the second one? or were you only able to produce these specific units in that specific FHQ

some custom maps do that. it's specific to the map. usually it's only in a particular building. I have noticed churches or German HQ on a few maps are this way if you garrison them

If you want to test it out, do it on a regular map, not a custom, as these can be weird sometimes

Armacalic

Re: Airborne Field HQ while playing Armor doctrine V4.8.6.0.

Post by Armacalic »

The first FHQ I made continued producing normal units (i.e riflemen) while the second, using the scout unit yielded paras instead of riflemen to produce. Will test it on a vCoH map when I get back home.