Permanent weapon slot loss on infantry

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
FMHikari

Permanent weapon slot loss on infantry

Post by FMHikari »

I've been playing for a few matches, and it seems fairly easy to reproduce and i've only noticed this on the Royal Engineers squad.

Upon picking any weapon, losing those squad members it will cause a permanent firepower loss as reinforcements will never spawn carrying any of them. (I will double check if that affects the flamethrower upgrades as well later)

The game still shows that they have the weapon in possession and the weapon slot is not cleared when those members die, barring any chances of picking up new weapons for the squad later, forcing them to permanently be stuck with their default SMGs.

COH Blitzkrieg version is 2.700.2.43

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Permanent weapon slot loss on infantry

Post by MarKr »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I will check this but normall the picked up weapons persist on squads. Isn't it the case that you pick up the weapon -> squad takes losses -> you unlock the "Vet and free flamethrowers" unlock -> reinforce -> picked up weapon is gone? Does the picked up weapon still dissapear if you don't get the unlocks for RE engineers?

FMHikari

Re: Permanent weapon slot loss on infantry

Post by FMHikari »

MarKr wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 20:09
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I will check this but normall the picked up weapons persist on squads. Isn't it the case that you pick up the weapon -> squad takes losses -> you unlock the "Vet and free flamethrowers" unlock -> reinforce -> picked up weapon is gone? Does the picked up weapon still dissapear if you don't get the unlocks for RE engineers?
Thank you for the reply!

I have tested the situations in which this might occur, procedure will be detailed below:

Squad members will be reduced to 1, the damage method is a Demolition Charge.
The only upgrades that affect Royal Sappers are Special Construction Training and Special Combat Training, so they are variants in the test. The weapon used will be the two Bren guns as it is easy to get for CW troops (friendly fire).

No Upgrades 1:
Weapon Quantity: 1
Attempts: 2
Result: Picked weapon persist between reinforcements.

Special Construction Training 1:
Weapon Quantity: 1
Result: Weapon persisted.

Special Combat Training 1:
Weapon Quantity: 1 + Flamethrower
Result: Bren Gun lost, flamethrower persisted.
---------------------------
No Upgrades 2:
Weapon Quantity: 2
Result: Picked weapons persist between reinforcements, disregarding if one or two of the weapons were picked up.

Special Construction Training 2:
Result: One of the Bren guns was lost, the other persisted between reinforcements.

Special Combat Training 2:
Result: Both Bren guns were lost, reinforcements did not spawn with the unlocked flamethrower.

When unlocking Special Construction Training:
1x Bren squad saw no change.
2x Bren squad lost one of their weapons permanently.

When unlocking Special Combat Training:
1x Bren squad permanently lost their bren after losing that squad member, received the flamethrower as soon as the upgrade was unlocked.
2x Bren squad permanently lost their brens after losing those members, did not receive the flamethrower upon unlocking the upgrade.