Beta Armor Doc Bugs

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Constantino

Beta Armor Doc Bugs

Post by Constantino »

Hi, some bugs I found:

75 mm Jumbo:
* Not affected by veteran tanks CP unlock.
* Missing "advanced repair" ability (just has the regular one).

105 mm Sherman:
* Missing howitzer ability.

Croc Sherman:

M10:
* Missing howitzer ability (will have to move flank speed 1 UI slot to the left).

Pershing Ace:
* Does not auto target infantry.

More of a suggestion, but perhaps the devs can consider giving all tanks/tank destroyers a repair/advanced repair ability as I believe the previous global repair ability affected all vehicles.

Constantino

Re: Beta Armor Doc Bugs

Post by Constantino »

Two more:

* The 90 mm can bounce off of a Hetzer.

* Not sure if this is for balance, but the Pershing and Jumbo seem to get penetrated way too easily by long barrel Panzer IV's and Hetzers.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Constantino wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 01:47
75 mm Jumbo:
* Not affected by veteran tanks CP unlock.
* Missing "advanced repair" ability (just has the regular one).
Will be fixed.
Constantino wrote:
105 mm Sherman:
Does it need the ability? It can deal with emplacements with its own long range attacks.
Constantino wrote:
Croc Sherman:
Does it need the ability?
Constantino wrote:
M10:
* Missing howitzer ability (will have to move flank speed 1 UI slot to the left).
This is intentional because the UI slot next to Flank Speed is occupied when the bulldozer upgrade is purchased.
Constantino wrote:
Pershing Ace:
* Does not auto target infantry.
In another topic someone was complaining that his tanks auto target infantry and so they waste shots on pointless targets rather than shoot at real threaths. I agree we should unify this but both sides have their supporters.
Constantino wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 03:50
* The 90 mm can bounce off of a Hetzer.
This has been reported already and will be fixed.
Constantino wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 03:50
* Not sure if this is for balance, but the Pershing and Jumbo seem to get penetrated way too easily by long barrel Panzer IV's and Hetzers.
Not sure what "too easily" means. Someone would say that "too easily" means 40% chance, someone would say 20% someone else would say 10%. What would you say the chances should be? (I am not saying we'll set it to whatever you say, I'm just curious what you personally would consider OK)

Constantino

Post by Constantino »

Regarding the howitzer ability, I mentioned it because I figured it is a universal ability that all tanks should gain when a tank commander is on board. Admittedly, I don't think it is necessary, but if it is a universal ability tied to tank commanders, then I think it should be present for all vehicles in which a tank commander can board.

Regarding M10, if it simply is a UI issue, please disregard that.

Regarding Pershing Ace, I figured it was an oversight since I believe it is the only tank in the entire mod which does not autotarget infantry.

Regarding "too easily" it seems that Pershings/Jumbos get penetrated by Panzer IV's and Hetzers more frequently than Panthers get penetrated by 76 mm guns.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Constantino wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 02:57

Regarding "too easily" it seems that Pershings/Jumbos get penetrated by Panzer IV's and Hetzers more frequently than Panthers get penetrated by 76 mm guns.
Panzer IV H/J and Hetzer gun vs Pershing max range: 20.02% with AP: 26.6266%

Panzer IV H/J/ and Hetzer Gun vs Jumbo max range: 10.001% with AP: 13.30133%

76 Sherman Gun vs Panther A max range: 17.28% with AP 26.6112%
with Skirts: 16.2% with AP: 24.948%

76 Sherman Gun vs Panther D/G max range: 15.52%
with skirts: 14.58% with AP: 22.4532%

76 Sherman gun vs Tiger max range: 22.14% with AP: 34.0956%
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Constantino

Post by Constantino »

lol, thanks Warhawks; looks I was wrong for the most part, though Pershing's armor is a little weaker than the Panther's at max range. It is more of a balance problem than bug though.