CW - Bugging when calling in armor command truck

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
rappatix

CW - Bugging when calling in armor command truck

Post by rappatix »

Hi!
I played a beta game with a few other players as CW. Nowadays you can get the trucks at the same time as you're building stuff in your base. That is awesome! However, while playing I noticed that I didn't get my armor command truck when I started calling it in. The icon in the HQ got orange and everything seemed right but as you know you can't just sit around waiting for the truck to be done in this game. So I just kept playing as usual and then noticed (on the third try) that I never got my armor command truck and that I still lost the resources it cost to call it in. On the fourth try I actually got it and had by then wasted 150 fuel and much manpower just trying to get one. I don't know what caused this to happen or how common this bug is and since I was playing I never really got to see what happened to the icon when the armor command truck got "canceled". The thing I noticed was that it at least always was ready to be called in again. There never was a cooldown or anything on it, I also don't know if there is a cooldown on it otherwise.
Thanks for this awesome game devs!! :D

MarKr
Team Member

Re: CW - Bugging when calling in armor command truck

Post by MarKr »

Has this happened only with the armor truck or have you also experienced it with the Infantry truck? Do you have a replay saved? It could help clarify what happened.

rappatix

Post by rappatix »

Yes, this has so far only happened with the armor command truck. It happened in one of two/ three matches yesterday. It should be noted that I've so far only played about three games in the newest beta. Yes, I have a replay, how do I post it here?? Also, what is the file's directory path?? Maybe it doesn't count as a replay if it's just the replay that can be watched in-game?? I never pressed the button "Save replay" after yesterday's match... Thanks for the reply btw. :)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hi, no problem :)
The replay is a .rec file which can only be used in the game to re-watch the match. The game always saves the last game as "temp.rec" but this file is overwritten with the next match you play (even skirmish against AI) unless you click the "save replay" button and give it some specific name - then it remains saved until you manually delete the file.
The files are usually in documents/my games/company of heroes/replays or something like that. You can upload those files as attachments of posts here.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Games are in "Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch\playback"

You can save replays even outside the game, you just need to rename "temp.rec" file before starting a new one

rappatix

Post by rappatix »

Well, here is the file then:
Bugged calling in armor command truck.rec
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
Bugged calling in armor command truck.rec
(1.46 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
Although, I don't really know how you will see what I'm building since the pause/play, choose player, fast forward/slow down etc. options are in the way??

Constantino

Post by Constantino »

I can confirm this bug; after the cool down, the armor truck does not spawn. The infantry truck works fine.

Unrelated, but why not use the British HQ Truck instead of a building HQ for aesthetic reasons and just remove the mobilize ability from it to keep it immobile?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

We'll check it.

We wanted to use the HQ truck and remove the "go mobile" button but the problem is that the the trucks blow up when destroyed and they leave no wreck behind. This means that if the HQ truck gets destroyed, the only option to "rebuild" it is calling a new HQ from off map (as it is in the live version) and this HQ must be mobile to deploy somewhere or it will be stuck in the spawn area and block it.

TheUndying

Post by TheUndying »

1. Call it in, button is orange (activated).
2. 90s timer runs out, button is back to normal and can be activated again.
3. Truck comes in after more than the 90s of the timer.

Which means that in between the 90s and whatever time the truck actually arrives, you could think "It's bugged" and activate the procedure again, costing you 200 MP and 50 F in the process. Something is definitely up with the timers.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yes, there is a timer problem with the Armor HQ truck. It actually gets spawned but after about 70 seconds after the "call in timer" reaches zero.

It will be fixed on the next update.

Thanks for the report :).

TheUndying

Post by TheUndying »

This could also explain why the Brit AI is so woefully stupid at the moment. :D

I know PvE is not your priority but the British AI has no clue how to call in the Command Trucks, meaning they will only produce Inf HQ troops and nothing else.
Could you take a look and see if there is an easy fix for this? Would be eternally grateful!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

You're right, the AI doesn't know how to call in the trucks but it is because it is now done through an ability and not through "building a unit" anymore. Teaching AI to use an ability correctly is a bit tricky but we'll try to solve it.

TheUndying

Post by TheUndying »

Thank you, I really appreciate it. :)