4.8.5.0 Base AA emplacements vs Air support

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
PiotrW

Re: 4.8.5.0 Base AA emplacements vs Air support

Post by PiotrW »

I can see that Brit gliders are also under fire on arrival.

As usual when enemy HQ is on glider/plane path, base AA guns attack glider while it is in the air.
Glider will land, but its more or less damaged. I saw once it was only 5% for HQ glider.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

As usual when enemy HQ is on glider/plane path, base AA guns attack glider while it is in the air.
Glider will land, but its more or less damaged. I saw once it was only 5% for HQ glider.

Well...on the other hands CW Gliders are kinda equivalent of other faction's forward HQ. On many maps there are only few neutral buildings and opponents often take them down just to prevent you from building a FHQ. Brits can call in gliders anywhere without the need for neutral buildings. From this point of view it seems fair that CW gliders have a chance not to land at all... plus, you can choose the way in which the glider lands so you can avoid AA fire in most cases.

PiotrW

Post by PiotrW »

MarKr wrote:

Well...on the other hands CW Gliders are kinda equivalent of other faction's forward HQ. On many maps there are only few neutral buildings and opponents often take them down just to prevent you from building a FHQ. Brits can call in gliders anywhere without the need for neutral buildings. From this point of view it seems fair that CW gliders have a chance not to land at all... plus, you can choose the way in which the glider lands so you can avoid AA fire in most cases.

True. But its sometimes hard or impossible to avoid AA attack. Anyway, AA defense have no correct min/max range, or simpy ignores that parameter.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Anyway, AA defense have no correct min/max range, or simpy ignores that parameter.

Well, yes. AA fire ignores normal range restrictions which is something we can do nothing about...or, we can but then the AAs have trouble targetting planes...We're hitting game engine boundaries here :/