Sherman 76/Easy Eight Pink Gunner

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Sgt.Lmao

Sherman 76/Easy Eight Pink Gunner

Post by Sgt.Lmao »

Is it possible to just swap current 76/EZ8 Shermans Gunner for upcoming 5.1.8 release to the one used by default Sherman which works like a charm?
I know that this problem is not that frequent among other BK-players, however Im not alone experiencing this problem and it kinda ruins the immersion :/
Dunno, maybe its tied to resolution, like some blank icons, however I doubt it, cuz pink means missing texture, hmm

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Sherman 76/Easy Eight Pink Gunner

Post by MarKr »

Is the problem present for you only in the live version or also in the beta?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I have that Pink gunners in both versions. And mainly for normal 76 shermans.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sgt.Lmao

Post by Sgt.Lmao »

MarKr wrote:Is the problem present for you only in the live version or also in the beta?
Its present for a lot of guys from time immemorial :)

Dunno why tho, files are checked and everything is fine, however 76 and EZ8 are shown with pink gunners after an upgrade.
It was discussed previously, but I guess the best way to remove this bug is to change current gunner to the one used in a basic sherman, it works nicely!

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

There is no reasons to change that, its working perfectly. Your settings or shades must be at max, i don’t have this problem and its 0.0009 % of the players who encounter that pb.
Mark will decide if this must be changed, but i do hope its not for the old reasons already suggested by some people here.

MrSuv

Post by MrSuv »

I had the same problem and I just corroborated that putting the graphics to the maximum setting the bug is solved.

Seba~

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:There is no reasons to change that, its working perfectly. Your settings or shades must be at max, i don’t have this problem and its 0.0009 % of the players who encounter that pb.
Mark will decide if this must be changed, but i do hope its not for the old reasons already suggested by some people here.
0.0009% of the players ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sgt.Lmao

Post by Sgt.Lmao »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:There is no reasons to change that, its working perfectly. Your settings or shades must be at max, i don’t have this problem and its 0.0009 % of the players who encounter that pb.

Actually nah, shaders and all on medium/high and model detail slider is on max, so idk honestly

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

MrSuv wrote:I had the same problem and I just corroborated that putting the graphics to the maximum setting the bug is solved.

Seba~
Thanks

mofetagalactica

Going ultra with shaders makes the game runs with directx 10 wich sucks and bring a ton of performance problems. Why don't we have a vote if peopple wants old sherman gunner back or not?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Pink texture either indicates a missing file, corrupted file or there is some reason why the game cannot read the file correctly. We've checked this several times - the texture is there and is not corrupted which means that the problem is present only under some specific conditions which can be anything - settings inside the game, game resolution, settings of the graphics card (nVidia control panel) that overrides the game in-settings.
When I got my new PC few months ago, I installed BK and when I ran it for the first time I had the pink gunner too. Then I changed something in the settings and the problem was gone, unfortunately I don't remember what exactly it was that i changed, however it only confirms that it comes from settings of the game/system (as MrSuv wrote above), so it is should be about finding which setting causes it.

EDIT:
I've just set everything to the lowest and went one-by-one setting them higher. When everything was on the lowest, I got the pink gunner. Once I set the Texture detail to "ultra", pink texture was gone. Can anyone with the pink texture confirm this setting fixes the texture?

mofetagalactica

Textures on ultra fixes the problem, but at performance cost.

Sgt.Lmao

Post by Sgt.Lmao »

MarKr wrote:Pink texture either indicates a missing file, corrupted file or there is some reason why the game cannot read the file correctly. We've checked this several times - the texture is there and is not corrupted which means that the problem is present only under some specific conditions which can be anything - settings inside the game, game resolution, settings of the graphics card (nVidia control panel) that overrides the game in-settings.
When I got my new PC few months ago, I installed BK and when I ran it for the first time I had the pink gunner too. Then I changed something in the settings and the problem was gone, unfortunately I don't remember what exactly it was that i changed, however it only confirms that it comes from settings of the game/system (as MrSuv wrote above), so it is should be about finding which setting causes it.

EDIT:
I've just set everything to the lowest and went one-by-one setting them higher. When everything was on the lowest, I got the pink gunner. Once I set the Texture detail to "ultra", pink texture was gone. Can anyone with the pink texture confirm this setting fixes the texture?

Yeah, it fixed the problem, however with ultra textures and massive battles there is pretty big loss on FPS, hmmm
Ofc its up to you, but I guess the best way is to just revert the gunner to basic one, used by other Shermans, they work perfectly fine

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Pblitz found a fix for the texture and it will work properly with any Texture Detail settings in the next beta update.

Sgt.Lmao

Post by Sgt.Lmao »

MarKr wrote:Pblitz found a fix for the texture and it will work properly with any Texture Detail settings in the next beta update.
woohoo :)

Sgt.Lmao

Post by Sgt.Lmao »

MarKr wrote:Pblitz found a fix for the texture and it will work properly with any Texture Detail settings in the next beta update.
Its finally fixed, ty guys!
The only thing thats left is Gepard Flak Panzer, I reported it too :)