Picky Hellcat

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Beast Slayer

Picky Hellcat

Post by Beast Slayer »

Hellcat in ambush is not attacking pzkpfw III belonging to the PE/scorched earth doctrine. I need to give it manual order for the attack to happen. This is strange because it was not ordered to hold fire and that panzer III was in range. Also it was able to target any other tank automatically without problem so there must be issue only with panzer III.

Can you please look into this?

Thanks.

Warhawks97

Re: Picky Hellcat

Post by Warhawks97 »

Once all tds got reworked not to shoot automatically at all from ambush or even entirely. Ive seen JP´s there that left 3 shermans passing him...

It got reverted back so that it automatically fires from ambush against tanks... i guess this one got forgotten.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Still no fix for this? My M18 Hellcat and M10 Wolverine are not shooting at German half-tracks nor Marder TD from ambush position. Because of this some of them was able to sneak behind my front lines which is pretty annoying.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

People don't agree on a solution here. Some want camouflaged TDs to attack automatically (for the reasons you mentioned), others don't because then the unit often shoots at some halftrack when a more important target gets in range a second later.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

How about as a general rule TDs in camo autotarget all vehicles but no infantry and all TDs get a "hold fire" button for micro management.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Diablo wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 20:55
How about as a general rule TDs in camo autotarget all vehicles but no infantry and all TDs get a "hold fire" button for micro management.
isnt it the case already?

i am pretty sure it is.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

crazzy501

Post by crazzy501 »

Warhawks97 wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 22:52
Diablo wrote:
10 Oct 2020, 20:55
isnt it the case already?

i am pretty sure it is.
Beast Slayer wrote: Hellcat in ambush is not attacking pzkpfw III
Panzer 3
Is a tank

Red

Post by Red »

Had a similar experience today, the Hellcat failed to engage from ambush position.
The M36 Jackson in another ambush position engaged as soon as an enemy vehicle was in range.

The ideal solution in my opinion would be to have a button for auto-target all vehicles and auto-target tanks only (or when none of them is active, then no auto target).
But overall I believe a consistent behaviour of units in ambush or camoflague (tanks, AT guns, AT infantry) is desireable.