Commando Lee Enfield Rifle Squad

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Beast Slayer

Commando Lee Enfield Rifle Squad

Post by Beast Slayer »

This squad have access to the double Bren LMG upgrade after the weapons training is unlocked in doctrine tree but these upgrades have no munition cost whatsoever. I think this is the only unit upgrade which do not cost any resources in the entire mod. Is this intentional or a glitch? If it is intentional why not to give them these Bren LMGs automatically after doctrinal unlock? Also animation of their double gammon bomb ability is buggy because only the first gammon bomb have throwing animation.

Viper

Re: Commando Lee Enfield Rifle Squad

Post by Viper »

Beast Slayer wrote:This squad have access to the double Bren LMG upgrade after the weapons training is unlocked in doctrine tree but these upgrades have no munition cost whatsoever. I think this is the only unit upgrade which do not cost any resources in the entire mod. Is this intentional or a glitch? If it is intentional why not to give them these Bren LMGs automatically after doctrinal unlock?

intentional. player can choose to upgrade them or not to.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Few years ago the Sten Commandos got the Brens automatically after the weapon training and Lee-enfield commandos got nothing. People compained that the weapon composition of SMG + LMG in a squad makes little sense and so it was reworked so that Sten commandos can get the Thompsons to improve their close-combat efficiency and Lee-enfield commandos can upgrade LMG if the player wants to. This way you can either keep their rifles for pure long-range combat or you can get the LMGs to mix in some medium range advantage. The Brens used to be given to Commandos for free so the 0 price tag remained.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

I see. I took pretty long pause from BK mod some time ago so Im not familiar with all the changes. When I saw that Infantry Section have Bren as paid upgrade and Commando Rifle Squad for free I thought it is a bug because I never saw weapon upgrade which is completely for free. Anyway thanks for the explanation. It makes sense.