Canadian 76 shermans vs tigers

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Jagdpanther

Canadian 76 shermans vs tigers

Post by Jagdpanther »

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3023

Please check if there's something wrong with the canadian 76 shermans vs tigers

kwok
Team Member

Re: Canadian 76 shermans vs tigers

Post by kwok »

can we get a hint at least...? are we looking for a weapon problem, penetration problem, game crash problem, what?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

kwok wrote:can we get a hint at least...? are we looking for a weapon problem, penetration problem, game crash problem, what?

If you follow the link and read a little you will receive that hint

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

i can take a guess.... but i don't condone posts that are logged as a bug without a description needed to diagnose the bug.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

DEATH TO THE TIGERS!

Edit: Not the player "Tiger"
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

kwok wrote:i can take a guess.... but i don't condone posts that are logged as a bug without a description needed to diagnose the bug.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Weird i literally CANT see the link. Repost it

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Okay I didn't watch the replay, but I dug around corsix and I don't see anything particularly wrong with shermans TT against tigers. As far as I can see, the canadian sherman 76 uses the same gun as the US regular 76 sherman gun (not even the easy 8).

The penetration multiplier against tigers for the 76mm sherman gun is 41%. Multiplied by the distance in which the tank engages penetration modifier which is 67% at long range, making it an effective 27%. The damage can be 80-120 with a multiplier of 5 (almost all guns have a multiplier of 5 except special cases) leaving a max damage possible at 600. Tiger health is 1100. Even with AP rounds, the max damage is actually less (70-110 damage but a 1.4 penetration multiplier) so the chances of one shot is not any different even though chances of penetration much higher. It might just be bad luck. I'll watch the replay when I'm back home, I'm away right now. Maybe you got double shotted within a short time frame so it looks like a one shot but it's actually two hits from two sources that penetrated. Double AP rounds from two 76 shermans will take down a tiger pretty fast.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Damage doesn't get increased by ap and also not less. If so it came in 4.16 or its a bug.

Pen modifier used to be 1.54 for US HVAP.
Build more AA Walderschmidt