Visual glitch associated with captured 75mm Pak 40

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Beast Slayer

Visual glitch associated with captured 75mm Pak 40

Post by Beast Slayer »

Hello there.

When I captured 75mm Pak 40 belonging to the PE with my paratroopers while playing as USA airborne doctrine I noticed that when the AT crew reached veterancy black rectangle appeared above the AT gun instead of veterancy symbol. Can you please look into this?

Thanks.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Visual glitch associated with captured 75mm Pak 40

Post by kwok »

Do you have a replay in case the problem isn’t reproduceable?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

This mean your installation isn’t correctly made and you have ui problems.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

I installed this mod via Steam so its auto installed/updated so there is no posibility of me to screw up the installation. I do not have the replay but here is a screenshot of engineers which captured the gun before airborne squad with same results.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 3645272829

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

I played as every faction in the game and no other unit have this issue so I doubt there is something wrong with my installation.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes there is, unfortunatelly, the specific veterency icon is bugged for you, and only for you.
Do you have others mods into your coh?

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

This is my most favorite game so I have plenty of mods installed like Modern Combat, Battle of the Bulge, Back to Basics, Europe at War and of course Blitzkrieg. This situation is very unfortunate because I do not feel like reinstalling all the mods and game just for this insignificant bug to go away. Oh well. I will get used to it. I do not see it very often anyway so its not that big of a deal.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Sometimes mods interfere with eachother so it could be this case. It could be installation issue because even when Steam installs it, it is possible that some data is incomplete or corrupted e.g. due to some connection issues during installation.
It could also be some bug which happens only when specific conditions are met - you said "I did not see it very often anyway", does this mean that it sometimes happens and sometimes not? If so, try to find some way to replicate the bug and if you find one, report it here. These "it once happened to me" bugs are hard to fix unless you know how to replicate them. We can try some fixes but if we have no way to replicate the bug we cannot see if the fix actually worked so it is like shooting in the dark.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Europe at war do interfere with bk mod as it use the same files, i saw that often with coh players.
If we don’t have this visual glitch and you have it means something is wrong or bugged only on your side.