American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Post Reply
Beast Slayer
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by Beast Slayer »

This AT mine detonates upon contact with infantry despite the description clearly states only vehicles can trigger it.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3208
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by MarKr »

Are you 100% sure? I checked the settings and triggering is set the same way as other AT mines in the game.

Is it possible that perhaps some unit revealed the mine and the soldiers opened fire at it and thus detonated it? It can happen and if they are close enough, they get caught in the explosion.

Or perhaps can you upload a replay where it happened?
Image

Beast Slayer
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by Beast Slayer »

Yes Im pretty sure about that. I deployed these mines on a specific place on the map and after some time enemy infantry squad walked upon it which triggered the explosion. After I saw that I tried to reproduce it by placing these mines in front of enemy production buildings and when infantry squad exited that building it immediately exploded. None of the units had mine sweeper so I do not know how exactly they would be able to see them.

The New BK Champion
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 Feb 2018, 22:09

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by The New BK Champion »

If u place them with greyhound, yes they will be triggered with inf.

Beast Slayer
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by Beast Slayer »

I deployed them with Engineers and later on with Combat Engineers.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3208
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by MarKr »

The New BK Champion wrote:If u place them with greyhound, yes they will be triggered with inf.
Greyhound does not have these AT mines.
Some time ago we classified mines into 3 types - anti-infantry, multi-purpose and AT mines.

- Anti-infantry mines get triggered by everything but can only damage infantry and non-armored vehicles (Schwims, Jeeps etc.)
- Multi-purpose mines (Greyhound has them) can also be triggered by everything. They are more deadly vs infantry than the first type, can deal good damage to vehicles and medium tanks, can deal some damage to heavy tanks.
- AT minest don't get triggered by infantry, only by vehicles. They kill right off light vehicles, deal high damage to medium tanks and quite good damage to heavy tanks too.
AT mines are only available to Armor doc, RE doc, Def doc and TH doc through unlocks in command tree (Armor doc no longer has it as an unlock, they unlock it in WSC with the multi-purpose mines). Greyhound has the multi-purpose mines, not the AT.

Beast Slayer wrote:I deployed them with Engineers and later on with Combat Engineers.
Do you have the replay?
Image

Beast Slayer
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by Beast Slayer »

I played a second game with same results. Here are the replays:

Game 1: https://ufile.io/posd2

Game 2: https://ufile.io/whnxe

These was just test runs against comp. Skip to the end of both replays to see those glitched mines.

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3208
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by MarKr »

OK, it is just a describtion error. As I said above, true AT mines which can only be triggered by vehicles are available to Armor doctrine and can only be placed by normal Engineers.
20180922211038_1.jpg
20180922211038_1.jpg (42.91 KiB) Viewed 1781 times

Green is the "Anti-infantry" mine
Orange is the "Multi-purpose" mine
Red is the "AT" mine

So this is not really a bug, only description error.
I will put it on the list of things to fix.
Image

Beast Slayer
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 15:32

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by Beast Slayer »

I see. Check my other thread for more inaccurate descriptions I found lately.

User avatar
mofetagalactica
Posts: 656
Joined: 30 Jan 2017, 11:15

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by mofetagalactica »

MarKr wrote:OK, it is just a describtion error. As I said above, true AT mines which can only be triggered by vehicles are available to Armor doctrine and can only be placed by normal Engineers.
20180922211038_1.jpg
Green is the "Anti-infantry" mine
Orange is the "Multi-purpose" mine
Red is the "AT" mine

So this is not really a bug, only description error.
I will put it on the list of things to fix.


So wich one does more damage?

User avatar
MarKr
Team Member
Posts: 3208
Joined: 23 Nov 2014, 19:17
Location: Czech Republic

Re: American M1A1 AT mine is bugged

Post by MarKr »

MarKr wrote:- Anti-infantry mines get triggered by everything but can only damage infantry and non-armored vehicles (Schwims, Jeeps etc.)
- Multi-purpose mines (Greyhound has them) can also be triggered by everything. They are more deadly vs infantry than the first type, can deal good damage to vehicles and medium tanks, can deal some damage to heavy tanks.
- AT minest don't get triggered by infantry, only by vehicles. They kill right off light vehicles, deal high damage to medium tanks and quite good damage to heavy tanks too.

So in damage it is: Infantry mine < multi-purpose < AT mine
Image

Post Reply