Airborne HQ Strafe bug

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Warhawks97

Airborne HQ Strafe bug

Post by Warhawks97 »

I figured a bug perhaps. I used the AB HQ strafing ability from a upgraded House and after doing so the ability disapeared. Only the constructed HQ had the ability still available. Is it a bug?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Airborne HQ Strafe bug

Post by MarKr »

Was the HQ building garrisoned?

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

It disappears after u unlock AP ammo for planes and it was already reported, wasn't it?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

In that game where i played AB i didnt unlock the AP. I used the ability and then it was gone.

And yes, the AB HQ which you upgrade in houses for 400 MP. The ability disappeared after use.

Tiger told me that it happens to him when he builds this other HQ (the one you build for 150 MP). The other AB HQ´s of upgraded houses would then lose the ability.

So there seems to be 3 possible bugs regarding this ability. 1. It disappears after first use, 2. It disappears when AP ammo for planes gets upgraded, 3. It disappears once the buildable HQ got build which makes other AB HQ´s losing it.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:So there seems to be 3 possible bugs regarding this ability. 1. It disappears after first use, 2. It disappears when AP ammo for planes gets upgraded, 3. It disappears once the buildable HQ got build which makes other AB HQ´s losing it.
1) This would need confirming. I haven't found anything that would limit the usage to a single time. The ability is identical to the one in the "built" HQ so it should have the same problem there too.
2) This should not be the case for the "built" HQ but unfortunately is the case for "converted" HQs. To fix it I would need to modify the game file of every neutral building in the game which would mean that the next update would be very big (in terms of MB needed to download). The other option would be to make the "converted" HQ spawn Straffing planes without AP bullets even after the AP bullet upgrade; the "built" HQ would be able to keep planes with AP.
3)I also found nothing that would suggest this functionality. Altough it sounds it could be intentional - to prevent spamming the Straffing raids on two places at the same time, maybe? But that is just a speculation, as I said - I found nothing that would suggest this behavior. Also it is weird to have the option to built the HQ and at the same time have the "converted" HQ - two AB HQs at the same time make little sense.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:1) This would need confirming. I haven't found anything that would limit the usage to a single time. The ability is identical to the one in the "built" HQ so it should have the same problem there too.

Will check it next time when i get time.

2) This should not be the case for the "built" HQ but unfortunately is the case for "converted" HQs. To fix it I would need to modify the game file of every neutral building in the game which would mean that the next update would be very big (in terms of MB needed to download). The other option would be to make the "converted" HQ spawn Straffing planes without AP bullets even after the AP bullet upgrade; the "built" HQ would be able to keep planes with AP.

That would be still better than losing it. But i cant remember that it happend in the past that AP upgrade made them disappearing.

3)I also found nothing that would suggest this functionality. Altough it sounds it could be intentional - to prevent spamming the Straffing raids on two places at the same time, maybe? But that is just a speculation, as I said - I found nothing that would suggest this behavior. Also it is weird to have the option to built the HQ and at the same time have the "converted" HQ - two AB HQs at the same time make little sense.

I used to do that. So unless you did such a change recently it cant be the case. I also dont see a reason why it shouldnt be allowed. An HQ costs 400 MP and strafes can be shot down, cost ammo and might fail.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:That would be still better than losing it. But i cant remember that it happend in the past that AP upgrade made them disappearing.
It would depend on how far into "past" your memory goes. The straffing raid used to use non-AP ammo even after you upgraded your straffing plane with AP bullets. I don't remember in which patch we implemented it but straffing raid around AB HQ uses AP bullets once you get the upgrade.

I used to do that. So unless you did such a change recently it cant be the case. I also dont see a reason why it shouldnt be allowed. An HQ costs 400 MP and strafes can be shot down, cost ammo and might fail.
No, it wasn't changed and yes, it costs resources and can drain your ammo fast. What I meant was that it makes little sense to have two AB HQs - AB units have the "retreat to AB HQ" ability and once you have two HQs, it can be confusing where they will actually retreat to.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:It would depend on how far into "past" your memory goes. The straffing raid used to use non-AP ammo even after you upgraded your straffing plane with AP bullets. I don't remember in which patch we implemented it but straffing raid around AB HQ uses AP bullets once you get the upgrade.

Idk. I dont play AB that often. So i cant really tell you that. But as you say it i do remember the change.