Super Pershing and Sherman Gunner Texture bugs.

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Selicia

Super Pershing and Sherman Gunner Texture bugs.

Post by Selicia »

So I had this issue with the super pershing turret and barrel texture being pitch black for a long time, and so after reinstalling blitzkrieg last night. (Which by the way uninstalling the mod on Steam deleted my entire COH1 folder/files.) So also after reinstalling COH1. I do see the textures on the Super pershing but it still is way too dark.

Oh and now i'm getting the bug my friend was getting with the pink sherman gunners. Please tell me there's a fix for this.
Attachments
Sherman Gunner Screenshot
Sherman Gunner Screenshot
Super Pershing Screenshot
Super Pershing Screenshot

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Super Pershing and Sherman Gunner Texture bugs.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Can you post a screen-shot of your CoH graphic settings?
Also, are you using Nvidia? if yes, plz update to the latest graphics driver. (currently it's 399.07)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

i also had a pink gunner
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Selicia

Post by Selicia »

Tiger1996 wrote:Can you post a screen-shot of your CoH graphic settings?
Also, are you using Nvidia? if yes, plz update to the latest graphics driver. (currently it's 399.07)

Oh hey apparently GeForce Experience never force minimized my game to inform me of an update haha. Going to update now and see if it fixes it.

Also I find it funny how the game itself can't handle high graphics settings with big maps at times. Even with the rig I have it still starts to drop below 30 FPS.
Attachments
This is my specs.
This is my specs.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Check your graphic settings in game and make sure that nothing is set to Ultra - especially not shaders. This sometimes creates graphics bugs though I would say this settings would most likely cause the SP dark texture but not the pink gunner. Pink color on a model usually means that the texture is missing. I would normally suggest reinstalling the mod and making sure it is updated but since you've just done it, I'm not sure what else to do. if this was a problem of the release then all people would experience it, so I would say it has to something on your end.

The game has problems because Relic never properly optimized it in the first place. "Ultra" settings use DirectX 10 but the game does not know how to properly work with it so instead of improving the graphics it sometimes creates glitches. The it is also about what the engine can handle - big maps can work fine but it is also about the quality of the map - some maps (even smaller maps) tend to lag more simply due to being poorly made. Also if you play 4v4 against AI, then the game needs to calculate pathfinding for all of them, given how the AI cheats with resources, single AI can have in the field dozens of units, now multiply it per number of AI players, add to it calculating hit and pen. chances per every shot fired anywhere on the map...actually much more calculations per each shot, given how the damage system works and on top of that CoH cannot work with multi-core processors so for CoH it would be better to have a single-core processor with some crazy-high frequency rather than multi-core with lower frequencies on each core.

@Warhawks: "had" or "have"? If you HAD pink gunner, saying how you got rid of it could help here.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I meant i had a pink gunner last time when i played. So i actually still have it. Perhaps i will try to reinstall it too but didnt bother arround with it that much.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Selicia

Post by Selicia »

Warhawks97 wrote:I meant i had a pink gunner last time when i played. So i actually still have it. Perhaps i will try to reinstall it too but didnt bother arround with it that much.

Backup your COH Relaunch folder or copy it elsewhere before doing that just to be safe and avoid frustration. When I uninstalled Blitzkrieg on Steam it wiped my whole folder.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Selicia wrote:Oh hey apparently GeForce Experience never force minimized my game to inform me of an update haha. Going to update now and see if it fixes it.

Yup, that's exactly the reason of which I had to draw your attention about that.. because Nvidia had a problem recently with GeForce experience, it went viral and they even discussed it on the Nvidia technical support forums... Then they released 399.07 afterwards, there should also be an update for the Geforce Experience itself, you will need to have that as well. If it doesn't automatically detect the newest version, then Google the latest.

Also, as MarKr already explained... CoH on max settings should work without problems on any map (no matter how big) but not against Expert bots, specifically with "BK FUN MODE" in particular.. because CoH engine can't handle that, but on PvP it should be fine.. as long as the creator of the map wasn't amateur enough to overload the map layers. Some maps are poorly designed, and can cause permanent lagging issues due to messed up layers.

The following screen-shot represents the optimal graphic settings for CoH but the "model detail" is particularly highlighted because many players just don't pay enough attention to it:
Optimal graphic settings for CoH
Optimal graphic settings for CoH

So, make sure your graphics are set accordingly.. and update your graphics driver alongside the GeForce Experience, then let us know if it's fixed.

Selicia

Post by Selicia »

I'm getting nothing but immensely low FPS on menus and in-game now.

Edit: I fixed it. Had to disable full screen optimizations. Will edit this once I see if the original bugs I was having are fixed.

Alright seems everything is fixed now thanks for the help!

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

He got a titan X im jealous and sad at the same time now lol

Btw this fixed my performance issues and im able to play it full screen windowed just set this in the launch options of the game

-novsync -notriplebuffer -nomovies -refresh 60 -window -fullwindow -forceactive -lockMouse

unzip and execute the exe i leave you here and once you open the game press control+alt+z (and the game will full fit the screen in window mode)

cool dragon btw lol
Attachments
CoHBroadcast.rar
(197.48 KiB) Downloaded 64 times