[v5.1.1 Steam Beta] Several bugs.

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
ExE

[v5.1.1 Steam Beta] Several bugs.

Post by ExE »

M3 Halftrack not showing troops.

I found this happens regardless of any conditions.

I'll edit if that's not the case.
Attachments
20171108003114_1.jpg
Last edited by ExE on 11 Nov 2017, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ExE95/

Praise be to the Lord, my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: [v5.1.1 Steam Beta] M3 Halftrack not showing troops.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Goddammit, my friend ^^

You just posted 9 different topics all at once in a row in order to report the bugs, while you could have just created a single topic calling it for example "version 5.1.1 bugs" which includes everything.
Don't get me wrong, I mean it's very nice indeed to see how you managed to tell about those glitches.. but; when I first saw what you did, I actually thought you have suddenly turned into some sort of a "bot" spamming threads :D

Anyway, I am going to link all the other topics here... Just to make it more convenient.
Then I would say let's stick only with this topic here if anyone has to say anything further about v5.1.1 bugs;

- [v 5.1.1 Steam Beta] New PE Flag not showing on "Reward Units" List
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2410

- [v 5.1.1 Steam Beta] AT Squads with "Hold Fire" even when not in camo
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2409

- [v 5.1.1 Steam Beta] Rapid Firing Position dissappears
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2408

- [v 5.1.1 Steam Beta] Wrong description for Def Doc VT
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2407

- [v 5.1.1 Steam Beta] Global description for "Healing Stations"
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2406

- [v 5.1.1 Steam Beta] 2-inch Mortar with double "Hold Fire"
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2405

- [v 5.1.1 Steam Beta] "Direct Fire" missing on Daimler Armored Car
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2404

- [v 5.1.1 Steam Beta] Ranger with double weapon.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2403

Ok, so... I think now this looks much better! ^^

About the bug you reported here on this topic though, I have in fact already reported it to MarKr as well... I mean I told him about this US M3 half-track invisible troops. Which is a bug that remains unfixed from version 5.0.0 until now! I also reported this one about def doc flak 88 emplacements for him; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlfcO1fDFkA which is also another old bug that remains unfixed. However, he responded saying that both bugs aren't yet in the change-log for a reason, as they are still being looked into.

You came up with some other bugs that I never noticed or reported before though, such as the one about Rangers.
So I would say that this is such a great discovery ^^

Nonetheless, I think there is one bug I would also need to add to this list here.. keeping in mind that I have already reported to MarKr btw, but I am still going to add it here just in case... The M15A1 Armor doc AA half-track is still limited to only 2 at a time.

ExE

Re: [v5.1.1 Steam Beta] Several bugs.

Post by ExE »

Yeah; sorry about the spam. :lol:

But I read on "Nieles; Read me First" on the top of this thread; and I taked it a little, maybe too much, in a literal way :lol:

Imma rename this topic; [v5.1.1 Steam Beta] Several bugs.

So, this one will be the folder for new bugs found.

And again, sorry for the spam.

Praise be to the Lord, my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Krieger Blitzer

Nothing to be sorry about at all ^^ Just I think it's more convenient this way... :)

About the "Read Me First" by Nieles, I think he just meant that we shouldn't stack bugs that aren't related to each other in one topic...
However, I personally believe that if there are "several tiny bugs" then it would be definitely better to include them altogether in one topic rather than throwing them here and there, especially when they are all related to a beta release.. but that's just how I see it!

Forum moderators might or might not agree though, which is fine either ways.. but ya, I would say it's better to focus on 1 topic with all the bugs related to the beta being included.
=========================================

About the "hold fire" ability being always visible;
just like Kr0noZ said on that topic, I actually think that's a nice feature too.. unless it's glitched in some ways...

ExE

Post by ExE »

OK; with Wald, we were testing some stuff and I have found this problem with the CW 2-inch mortar;

If you pick it with a RE squad; the "smoke" barrage is replaced by the "repair" ability;

Also, the 3-inch mortar emplacement doesn't have the "smoke" barrage; So, with RE doc, this is your only way to drop some of it.
Attachments
20171112012802_1.jpg

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

soooo many fking bugs lol

Krieger Blitzer

Not really, it's not many.. most of these bugs are not serious at all or just secondary... Not to mention that some of them apparently don't always occur. I had to test/check those bugs to see if they are really valid/global whether not. And I have to say that this "disappearing rapid firing position bug" never actually happened to me. Neither the other one about Rangers, also never happened when I checked.
Moreover, that other bug about 2-inch mortar team also never happened to me...
I captured it normally with Royal Engineer Sappers and I was still able to see the smoke ability!

However, no direct fire ability on Daimler, PE flag in customize army menu, and wrong descriptions.. aren't really "bugs" either.
Though, "double hold fire" on 2-inch mortar looks like a bug...

I would say that the only 3 REAL bugs here are; the missing troops inside the M3 US half-track, the Def doc flak 88 emp arty barrage bug, and the M15A1 unit limit bug.

@ExE
By the way, you probably need to un-install the historical add-on for now... It might be causing some of these issues with u here. It's not fully compatible with version 5.1.1 as far as I can see!

ExE

Post by ExE »

@Tiger

I posted this topics using the add-on, yes. But I uninstalled and I even re-install CoH :?

I deleted all BK folders; including the one in this route; (the one where you can put customs maps and playbacks)

(...)Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes Relaunch.

And, AFAIK, this bugs keep happening to me; I guess the players with the beta can check if this happens in their game aswell; this way, we save time and focus in the bugs that really cause troubles in-game.

*Also a note; this aren't, like, "game-breaking" bugs but, with the closer big Steam release, I wanted to help in polishing the mod. :D

So far as gameplay-wise balance; the Good changes are;

-The aim time for 37mm and 50-57mm. (people complain a lot for this one)
-USA infantry; Now I feel them more capable. (The issue with Rangers being "Rifles 2.0")
-Armor Doc; The lower right tech-tree now works fine.

I'll check all of this bugs one by one again, maybe this time they got fixed with my new re-install. :lol:

Krieger Blitzer

but, with the closer big Steam release, I wanted to help in polishing the mod. :D

Ya, I think everyone has the same wish here ;) Hopefully no bugs whatsoever are present on the Steam release, regardless if game-breaking or not.
===================================================================
By the way, regarding that old bug about the Def doc flak 88 emplacement... I was messing around my game files, until I successfully managed to replace the model of defensive doctrine 88 emplacement with the Luftwaffe one. This seems to have fixed the arty barrage bug!!! ^^

Not to mention that the Luft doc flak88 emplacement is also smaller in size, as it takes less area to construct.. saving up more space, which is definitely better. So, I guess simply replacing the model is the solution!

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

Well, if you managed to fix that I suggest you send the modified files to MarKr for inclusion in the next test, just to make sure it works now and then it can go live with the next patch.
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams

Krieger Blitzer

Alright, I will see what I can do... I'll try to reach MarKr on Discord whenever possible.

But, by the way... I just stumbled upon this NEW bug:
20171119103143_1.jpg

20171119103124_1.jpg

When I upgraded a Wehrmacht FHQ, I found those 2 weird "empty items" within the menu.. and no, these aren't just 2 missing icons, but EMPTY ones.
Though, I am not sure if something is supposed to be there or not... However, clicking on them leads to nothing!
I'll be checking other faction FHQs today.

Vega1707
Global Moderator

Post by Vega1707 »

maybe there used to be something to bulid but this is just some leftover

Krieger Blitzer

Maybe, I guess it is supposed to be Pak40 in the first picture...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I have the FHQ solved.

Krieger Blitzer

Good.

If I may ask though, when was the beta files last updated? Was it ever updated again since the time when Wolf added the new faction flags?!
I mean, is the change-log you posted there fully implemented currently into the beta or something yet is going to be updated soon?

Kr0noZ
Global Moderator

Post by Kr0noZ »

It's not yet live. I guess it will be soon, though.
"Normal people belive... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe... if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."
- Scott Adams