High caliber mortars.

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Krieger Blitzer

High caliber mortars.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I noticed that both the RA doc 107mm mortar as well as the SE doc 120mm mortar are actually too vulnerable pretty much to everything. Talking about the mortar itself, not the team crew... These high caliber mortars for some reasons get completely destroyed (not possible to re-crew any longer) by just a single grenade or strafe run bullets, even when they are fully repaired.
They are always too easy to DESTROY unlike other mortars which are often more resistant even to arty shells.
And this is something I believe is a great disadvantage since they are not easily affordable!

Warhawks97

Re: High caliber mortars.

Post by Warhawks97 »

Yeah. Its weird. But sometimes you can retreat a single man of the squad without any mortar left. You can reinforce the crew but also the mortar. But also that doesnt work always. Just random
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Team weapons have their own hp and stuff, so if it dies but the squad survives that's what happens.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

normal mortars survive longer but when just one dude is alive he dies instant. The heavies work the other way arround. The weapon gets destroyed but even a single dude can retreat and reinforce crew and mortar.

I think this is what he refers to.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yeah that should actually work for every mortar and team weapon I think... it's just that the other team weapons normally outlast the soldiers. It's rare for it to happen to others. I think either a bump in heavy mortar hp or adjustment to its crit table would decrease the chance of the situation you described.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.