37 mm at gun

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Danikas

37 mm at gun

Post by Danikas »

American 37 mm at gun gives green cover from all sides please fix it.

kwok
Team Member

Re: 37 mm at gun

Post by kwok »

All AT guns give green cover from all sides as far as I know. It is an attribute of the team weapons I think.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Danikas

Post by Danikas »

You can test with axis 37mm its not the same thing, i can roll up american at to 2 squads shooting at me and use canister and then back up.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Cover in the game is directional, a soldiers either has bonuses from the cover or not, no matter from which side the opponent shoots at him. This is engine limitation. It has been reported that the crew of US 37mm AT is more resistant than Axis but we have not been able to findout why. If we figure it out, we will fix it.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

axis 37mm its better than the USA anyway, so why would we care.

Danikas

Post by Danikas »

Dude are you serious i can use usa at as assault cannon no inf can kill it only nade can save but it easy to dodge, you can force whole line to retreat with this cannon in current state, so i dont think that axis 37mm is better.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Agree to Danikas. In recent state, US gun can be abused as assault instrument easily. I'd rather ask to fix/balance US/WM guns another way, than keep it like it, but its not that of a problem, only occasional. What is or may be a point of discussion, is overall effectivness (accuracy and reload time), when ur facing PE scout cars early, which again, occasionally can be fatal for US player..but again , all to RNG..

Just to clear this out, try using canister shot against yellow/green covered units simply by pushing ur gun in range of those units and u'll get what im talking.

note. I dont think gun is unkillable to a point, where its literally a problem, but it's effectivness is relative though.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

mofetagalactica

Danikas wrote:Dude are you serious i can use usa at as assault cannon no inf can kill it only nade can save but it easy to dodge, you can force whole line to retreat with this cannon in current state, so i dont think that axis 37mm is better.

you can also use the pak 37mm as an assault cannon thanks to HE being able to shoot 5 shoots, you can even shoot the 37 US with your own 37, and you will still win.

Danikas

Post by Danikas »

Check how fast crew of axis at gun dies compared to allied you will be suprised I will tell you that.

mofetagalactica

Danikas wrote:Check how fast crew of axis at gun dies compared to allied you will be suprised I will tell you that.

Againts what? rifles at max range? they have shit accuracy. Or you talking about them dying easily againts recces and m20's ??

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

It's actually true, axis gun crew dies a lot faster than US one, I'm not sure why tho, but it seems some differene in cover given by the gun shield

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

sgtToni95 wrote:It's actually true, axis gun crew dies a lot faster than US one, I'm not sure why tho, but it seems some differene in cover given by the gun shield
Nope. In the game a unit can provide cover to other units around - you simply state there what sort of cover it provides (green, yellow, red, smoke, "garrison") the engine does not care if it makes sense that "an AT gun provides "smoke" cover type" it simply applies what you tell it to apply. And both Axis and US 37mm AT guns apply green cover, that is where the AT gun ends.
How weapons perform against targets in each cover type is set separately for each weapon. So if you have Volks with Kar98 shooting at infantry in green cover, then the Kar98 gets same nerfs no matter if the target infantry is weapon crew, engineer or Rifleman and it also does not matter if the cover is provided by the AT gun, sandbag or some brick wall on the map. If the problem was in cover provided by the AT gun then any weapon that has hard time killing the crew of the gun would have the same hard time killing any infantry in green cover, which is not the case.

Therefore I dare to say the cover type is not the problem here, it needs to be in something else...the thing is that this can be affected by dozens of things applied from dozens places so tracking what causes it and from where is hard :/.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

Axis HE is nice, but rarely see it do much, but make infantry scatter from my experience

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Is there a chance, that HP amount per crew member, is lower for Axis AT? cause, it seems, not like gun itself not provding cover, but in fact, cover is insignificant.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"