Ju87 stuka airstrike bug.

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Matwiej40PL

Ju87 stuka airstrike bug.

Post by Matwiej40PL »

welcome,
I see 1 problem. when i have luftwaffe dotrine in PE i can make only 1 airstike stuka per about few minuts.
but... when enemy take luftwaffe he can make 5-6 stukas airstrike in 30secounds...
Someone see this problem, and have any solved? becouse.... its very not balanced for me when i play alies.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Ju87 stuka airstrike bug.

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Matwiej40PL wrote:welcome,
I see 1 problem. when i have luftwaffe dotrine in PE i can make only 1 airstike stuka per about few minuts.
but... when enemy take luftwaffe he can make 5-6 stukas airstrike in 30secounds...
Someone see this problem, and have any solved? becouse.... its very not balanced for me when i play alies.

Hi and welcome aboard, what you're comparing is different abilities, the stuka 1000kg single airstrike run and the Stukas air patrol bombers.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

As Pblitz1 said - there are two Stuka abilities:
1) Sends a single Stuka plane (unlocks together with Henschel patrol) - this one works similarly to "straffing run" or bombing runs in AB doctrine. You can select where exactly the bomb will be dropped and allows you to choose a flightpath for the plane. This means that you can send the plane on such flightpath where it has lower chance of being shot down by opponent's AA units/emplacements. Also, since you can choose where the bomb will drop you can try to hit with it infantry blobs, some strong tanks, buildings...simply whatever seems the best target to you.

2) Sends several Stuka planes (unlocks together with Straffing run) - this one works similarly to "Henschel patrol" or US "Raid" ability. The ability sends several planes but you cannot select the flightpath for them which makes them more susseptible to AA fire. Also these planes only target emplacements or trenches with infantry inside, so the ability will not send planes after infantry running in the open or after vehicles.
NOTE: currently this ability is bugged and sends planes also at sandbags, barbed wires and road blocks - will be fixed in the next patch

So the first one is more "universal" in its usage because you can use it against anything, but its damage potential is lower (since it is a single plane) and you unlock it later. The second is focused on destroying defensive lines - comes sooner and can make quite a short work of opponent's emplacement line but if your opponent does not use emplacements, the ability is sort of useless then.

You need to select which one you want to use in the "Reward unit menu" in lobby, before the match starts. For a complete list of reward units visit our Facebook page ;).

Matwiej40PL

Post by Matwiej40PL »

well. now i understand. becouse in update 4.8.8 i remember can chose 1 1000kg stuka bomb or 4x 250kg fockewolf bombs and now has been change

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Yes it has been changed indeed.