Luft straffing run destroying Jumbo!?!??

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
sgtToni95

Luft straffing run destroying Jumbo!?!??

Post by sgtToni95 »

It happened i used mg plane strafing run to prevent repair engies from fixing immobilized jumbo, it had 3/4 of his Hps left and plane mgs destroyed it completely, killed squads and tank commander. It was not Henschel, just the anti inf mg.
I know luft planes got buff against enemy armor, but this is waaay too much i think :)
Other strange thing is it seemed to be damaged after the plane passed, like a ghost one was following the first while shooting.
Dunno if that happened to others but maybe it's worth a check.
I'll post here replay so you can see what happens, was a nice game too.
If you wanna skip fwd, it happens around minute 35.

4p_d913_v098.2017-03-17.15-34-01.rec
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Luft straffing run destroying Jumbo!?!??

Post by MarKr »

Well, as I said (and Tiger didn't believe me :D) Luft straffing plane has MGs and 20mm AT cannon. The stats are set to have around 50% chance to penetrate from "front" and pretty much sure chance to penetrate from "rear" but given the fact that planes attacked from "top" where the armor was not very strong, I'd say it is ok. Though maybe the cannon could have a bit less damage against Jumbo tanks...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

The Jumbo turret top armor is 25mm, the hull top armor is 22mm, if we keep it real, the BF109 20mm cannon will pierce and damage badly the Jumbo from air attack, but i guess we will need to reduce that to not spoiled the HS panzerknacker 75mm.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

for real?

80-120 damage. Modifier vs jumbo is 5. That makes 500 damage per hit. thats crazy. The plane fires fire 20 mm rounds (or 6) in a burst. Idk if game rounds up of down. And guranteed rear armor pen.....
the 20 mm shouldnt be tankbuster at all. I mean the germans introduced 30 mm canons (often 2x 30 mm and 2x 20 and 2x 13-15 mm) alone to effectively kill the B17 bombers. For tanks they got 37, 50 and 75 mm autocanons. If a single plane with 20 mm would have blown up a tank that easily nobody would have develped these special tank buster planes with large canons.

Lets assume its an AP shell then the ammount of HE is very limited. And i doubt the armor storage is that weak armored on a jumbo. it would cause, at best, some engine damages. Also the target will be further then a hundred meters away. That means that "only 25 mm" would not be penetrated under gurantee.

HE shells would not penetrated at all.

Also the MG´s seem to weird.
250 rounds in a second (both together) and 375 in total...

What i would suggest (as multipurpose raid)

Guns rate of fire to 9 or 10 Its an Mg 151/20 with 550-750 rounds per min. So 6.7 in sec isnt enough. Put burst duration to 1.5 second. A 10-15 round burst is more realistic for a ground attack than a 5 round burst i would say. The two MGßs also shoot 1.5 seconds long.

The damage of that 20 mm is like that of a tank IV gun. I would orientate more on on the US cal 50´s. Just higher basic damage. The TT against vehicles set good enough to have a killing power. Maybe also decent Aoe power for killing inf. It has no AoE damage at all currently.

So 1.5 second Burst with canon and two MG´s. 15 rounds in total for the canon in this burst with little Aoe power (suppression also) and damage against vehicles (kill possible). Basic damage approx 25-35, TT being set accordingly. MG´s with 38 20 rounds each per sec. Makes 40 for both and 60 in total. Suppression yes.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

It will be fixed, no worries ;)