[Fixed in 4.9.8]Ranger Infiltration squad - Texture bug ?

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Lionelus

[Fixed in 4.9.8]Ranger Infiltration squad - Texture bug ?

Post by Lionelus »

Hello

it seems there is a texture issue with the infantry doc ranger infiltration squad

Here is a picture

Capture.JPG

Am i the only one having this ? I play with low graphic settings.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: Ranger Infiltration squad - Texture bug ?

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

yes confirmed.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It is experimental US technology...they have jackets from nano-fiber which allows the light to "flow" around them, making them effectivelly invisible...the technology is expensive so it is applied only on jackets and not the rest of their uniform :D
But now seriously: we discovered this yesterday too :/, we'll fix them. Anyway thanks for reporting.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Damn, how such glitches suddenly take place with new patches? O.o It has always worked fine!

I think exactly that's why having a beta first.. is always very important... Really.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Who really tests anything in beta? You and like 2-3 other people?

After 4.9.7 you said:
Tiger1996 wrote:PERFECT hot-fix btw, i tested all the changes now.. including the Henschles too... SturmTiger icon is now displayed on my 1366x768 screen as well. Absolutely no bug was detected from my side until now. Everything is very flawless and pretty smooth; very well done. You really nailed it!

BK could even have my perfection stamp right now, actually. Very satisfying :)
And this bug was not reported by you either so even if there was beta (which would stall final release by weeks again), how long would it take you to find this (if ever)?

Beta testers focus on new things in the patch. Infiltration rangers were not changed so beta testers would have no reason to focus on looking for bugs here either and if they found it it would be just by accident.

Krieger Blitzer

Yes, you never really know where bugs could be found... Exactly that's why beta testing is extremely important in my humble opinion.. at least to ensure that the new changes in the patch are all working fine and not bugged as well, as I would say that a delayed full release is always better than a stacked one. I wrote this when I tested all the new changes and found no problems whatsoever... But quickly afterwards, i then figured out that such "hidden" bugs keep coming out of nowhere.
And maybe Lionelus could have discovered and reported this bug earlier during the BETA period. Right? It doesn't always have to be me who reports! A lot of bugs I also discovered, yet.. they weren't firstly reported by me after all. Others might be faster to report... And sometimes I don't quickly report all the bugs i find; or when I think it's too late.. so i would just wait to report them later altogether at once.

Lionelus

Post by Lionelus »

Hello

How to be a tester ? I do enjoy tracking bug, I can do and help on this

Krieger Blitzer

You see? So there are some players who want to help.. and are interested to track bugs... Just give them the chance! It's not like only me and 2 or 3 others are interested in beta testing.
Please never disregard releasing initial BETA versions first, it's surely important.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yes, you the 2-3 people who test with you and Lionelus...if beta version should have any chance to be useful, it needs to have at least several dozens of people playing it - and not only in the way "OK...changelog says that X is different, let's see....yeah, it works, ok." You need to play regular games in it to give complex feedback. Last try with betas showed what? People still playing 4.9.5, waiting for full 4.9.6. Beta was out how long? 4 months? And bugs were still there. The only difference with beta versions is that people report problem "A", we try to fix it...while we're trying to fix it, people report problems "B" and "C", we have "A" fixed, try to fix "B" and "C". We work on fixing "B" and "C" and people report "D" and "E" and it goes on like this forever and the final patch gets postponed forever - that was the case last time.

Lionelus wrote:Hello

How to be a tester ? I do enjoy tracking bug, I can do and help on this
Sorry man, we tried beta versions before releasing 4.9.6 and the result was as I described above so we dropped beta versions.

Krieger Blitzer

Well then, wasn't 4.9.7 mainly a hot-fix for 4.9.6 btw? Now I am afraid you need a hot-fix for the hot-fix of the hot-fix.......... :/
And when the new hot-fix is released, i bet u will need another hot-fix in order to fix the actual hot-fix!

All I can say now; is "Good luck" with that :P

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Tiger1996 wrote:Well then, wasn't 4.9.7 mainly a hot-fix for 4.9.6 btw? Now I am afraid you need a hot-fix for the hot-fix of the hot-fix.......... :/
And when the new hot-fix is released, i bet u will need another hot-fix in order to fix the actual hot-fix!
Well, it is called "patching the game". You simply have this illusion that beta version will lead to a bug-free release. Praxis showed that it is not the case. So what does it matter if we release small patches to fix bugs? Also each patch doesn't need to have 70+ entries in changelog, does it?

The fact is what I wrote before:
MarKr wrote:The only difference with beta versions is that people report problem "A", we try to fix it...while we're trying to fix it, people report problems "B" and "C", we have "A" fixed, try to fix "B" and "C". We work on fixing "B" and "C" and people report "D" and "E" and it goes on like this forever and the final patch gets postponed forever
"beta" versions postpone final release AND (because of not enough beta testers) is not as effective in bug-hunting as releasing a version that majority of people play. Releasing a version that everyone plays provides better conditions for finding bugs. Give me solid counter-argument to this or we really don't need to talk further about this.

alx095

Re: [Fixed in 4.9.8]Ranger Infiltration squad - Texture bug ?

Post by alx095 »

Hi guys... I have it too!
Image had 4.9.7 version... did not test other maps yet...

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Re: [Fixed in 4.9.8]Ranger Infiltration squad - Texture bug ?

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Everybody have it, it will be fixed in the next update.