pak38 and pak40 vs Tiger/KT

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Leonida [525]

pak38 and pak40 vs Tiger/KT

Post by Leonida [525] »

Hi all, recently happened to me that a burglar in game stole my pak38 and then it penned my elephant frontally. It happened once because then pak died but i was curious, so i went in corsix and:
1) I dont find elephant armor. Is it the same as kt?
2) strange thing is that I found out that both pak38 and pak40 have the same Pen chances against Tigers and they are the same against KTs, not lowered (without range calc 24% iirc, which is not bad maybe with ambush and apcr) (and so maybe elephants).. While against panther they are much lower (basic 10%)

JimQwilleran

Re: pak38 and pak40 vs Tiger/KT

Post by JimQwilleran »

This is superior German engineering, don't be surprised.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I will check the stats...I think that many of these stats were imported from vCoH or copy-pasted from other weapons and since they are not often used against vehicles of same faction their stats against vehicles of same faction are not tuned.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Just I would like to add;
US 37mm AT gun, when captured by Axis it would penetrate Recce always.. sometimes even Jumbos... And Dingo needs 5 hits to die.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I had a thread about exactly this like a year ago or so. There are many of such surprises if you use stolen weapons. And yes, there i said that the axis 50 mm is pretty good ( at that time iirc as good as US 76 guns) against tigers.

There were many really funny things.

The units target type can be found in the ebps unit file.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Warhawks97 wrote:I had a thread about exactly this like a year ago or so.

And it existed thread about it several years before. I think we had also private conversation about it with TT screenshot a long time ago.

It is not an unknow flaw. Fact is, reworking enterly the TT is a long and time consuming work. It also need a solid a coherent base to work on.

Up to day some problems have been corrected (that dont means always solved), but only by slight touch, if not disparate.

Lack of time, lack of source could be an explanation for the faulty TT survived so long.

Fact multiplayers are very conservatives and prompt to whine, could also explain why dev are reluctant to solve the problem once for all. Such action would cause a too brutal fracture in players habits.