Little John gun upgrade

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
sgtToni95

Little John gun upgrade

Post by sgtToni95 »

I know both units which can mount this upgrade (Daimled and AT Tetrarch) are pretty much never seen in the game, they're not very durable and their guns are not the best expecially with that reload, but i've recently been "trolled" by one of them mounting Little John gun upgrade, since that was ALWAYS penetrating my PZ4H, actually killing it in two shots. I just checked this gun penetration (actually the first time i used Corsix, so i might have "mislooked") and it has a base value of 3 :shock: : combine that with the good mobility theese vehicles have and they can kill panthers and tigers from their back. I really appreciate that, since i'm mainly a CW player, and if it remains like this i'm surely gonna use theese two vehicles much more often :) but i guess this is not how it's supposed to be.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Little John gun upgrade

Post by MarKr »

That's what I call one hell of an upgrade :lol:

We will check it :)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Such a huge deflection damage as well, even against the KT...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

What do you expect? It is called Littlejohn after its inventor František Janeček (Janeček can be roughly translated to English as Littlejohn) who was Czech. We are awesome inventors and I would expect nothing less than this performance from an invention like this...actually czech inventors came with an upgrade adaptor for a spitgun thanks to which it could easily penetrate a tin door... :D

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Considering my 5 minutes research, it seems it was truly a capable little thing. Roughly 80mm at 450m and 30 degrees of angle. So realistically, smashes all pz4s and tiger/panther from the side/rear. On the other hand, it doesn't fit too much in the mod as 6pdr struggles greatly against those and even US 76mm against H/J.

@Mark
Nationalism bias! :D
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Darn, I use this a lot but only to chase down cars. You're telling me I could've been slaying heavy tanks this whole time?

Check the target tables too. There are penetration modifiers by armor type
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The TTs are same for both upgraded and unupgraded weapon, only the base values differ. Iirc the description of the upgrade says something like "With the adaptor the gun gets three times more penetration" and so someone only multiplied the basic penetration values by 3...I haven't checked the vCoH files but this almost looks like something that remained in the game from vCoH.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

lol It has at max range 9% against hetzer and 30% against Tigers :shock: :D

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Well...Hetzers were made in czechoslovakia and I told you about our super inventors and inventions...Tigers were crappy things from Germany...I guess the reason for these numbers is obvious :D

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Is using corsix a trend now?? Should I get my own one, but with some cool skin or premium version to look cool too?

I remember the times when messing with game's file was a god-like feature :/. Now everyone can do this... What happened to the sacrum, my gosh..

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Leonida [525] wrote:lol It has at max range 9% against hetzer and 30% against Tigers :shock: :D

So little, so powerful... :D

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

And the guy wich trolled you with it was Me hahaha yeah epic told you it's good
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

You have my thanks, Toni. Had no idea about this. Love it. Now I have a weapon to put down those pz4s, when 6pdr is crap and I was denied by devs to tweak it. It's just for RAF though? Daimler and tetrarch?
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

all docs have daimler with little john, just raf has tetrarch

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Lol told you all years ago it's good alway's used it. told shadow since then He use too alway's even Killer a Tiger with it:)
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable