Achilles Bug

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
ShadowIchigo

Achilles Bug

Post by ShadowIchigo »

For the longest time I have noticed this strange bug specifically with the achilles tank destroyer, but I just never felt like posting about it b/c let's be honest this forum gets very aggressive. So the main problem is that it fires blanks, and this bug is not an animation bug. It shoots these blanks even in the correct firing range, but the bug appears when you "cancel" the fire order by giving it a different order. In example, clicking around an enemy tank (like it is supposed to *cough* flank speed) somehow cancels the firing move... i have seen countless games where it only correctly fires when it is stationary and is in no way receiving any additional orders or commands. So... any thoughts?

kwok
Team Member

Re: Achilles Bug

Post by kwok »

The weapon is set so that it needs to be not moving to shoot. So that's why the fire action "cancels" before the animation finishes. Once it starts moving, it can't shoot but the animation already started. When a unit begins an attack the animation plays all the way through, but the actual firing time is delayed a bit later from the point where the animation starts. This is less noticeable for other units because they don't have such a long delay between attack start and actual firing time. The delay is there to time a shot it so that it doesn't look like a shell hits the target before the animation of the weapon firing. That's a weapon setting that can be fixed unless intentional.
Last edited by kwok on 24 Jan 2017, 08:27, edited 1 time in total.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Actually this was made for balance issues

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Actually I think Achilles should not be able to move at all, it should become a stationary emplacement. That's good that Shadow brought up this topic here.

For now actually this is a balance issue!

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

ROFL @illa

but seriously.. this was made for balance issues

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

ShadowIchigo wrote:ROFL @illa

but seriously.. this was made for balance issues

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Why the hell this sentence; "Actually this was made for balance issues" is now all over the place?
Seriously?! :?

Are u bots? :D

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

For real though, should the Achilles gun be made to shoot while moving?

Krieger Blitzer

I think there is no point in doing so really... As it would will mostly miss the target while moving anyway, I mean.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:I think there is no point in doing so really... As it would will mostly miss the target while moving anyway, I mean.

Are you serious?? You the great bug reporter saying that bugged gun is ok, because it would miss anyway :?..

Either we report and fix all bugs or we leave the convinient ones.... right Tiger??

Krieger Blitzer

Well, thing is... Most tank hunters in the game are like this.. probably excepting the Hellcat. But it does also have something to do with the turret rotation speed btw!

I am not against allowing the Achilles to shoot while moving. However, I don't really think it's a bug after all.. but more like an intention... Or let's describe it more accurately, as I would say that perhaps it's simply the way how it just works... It's rather impossible to have a tank with such a slow rotating turret to shoot while moving.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

FUN FACT CORRECTION TIME:
Turns out the achilles gun is NOT a "disable_moving_fire" weapon. Which means that Tiger might be half right, maybe once the achilles moves the gun a little bit is no longer aligned to the direction it needs to shoot at the target, making it lose the target if it moves too much. So essentially, the attack is still cancelled but by reasons that Tiger mentioned.
This can be fixed though by adjusting the firing cone.

And as far as I've checked, there are no other tank hunters or tanks in general that are "disable_moving_fire", so it isn't just the hellcat but all tanks. But the hellcat has a fast rotation, if that's what you're saying which I think is what you meant.

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

I see