Inf. Doctrine Rangers Sticky Bombs

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Zuasfadas

Inf. Doctrine Rangers Sticky Bombs

Post by Zuasfadas »

When the Rangers (the normal ones) get enough veterancy to apparently get double sticky bombs, it only appears the message that they have gained the ability but this one remains being the same. I can't confirm if this happens also when choosing another doctrines but it happens definitely using inf doc, just get some veterancy to your rangers squad and you will see this bug.

idliketoplaybetter

Re: Inf. Doctrine Rangers Sticky Bombs

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I had a game, just recently and there was no bug.However, i've been using a lot of stickies that game and it felt like that "extra stickie" didnt work like stickie at all, it felt like simple pineapple nade sticked to vehicle(which was weird), but since stickie's are itself random, i just didnt pay much attention to that.
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Zuasfadas

Post by Zuasfadas »

Really? Did the icon of double stickies appeared replacing the normal ones? Because when I played with AB doctrine, it worked out nicely, but when I used Inf. Doc. I thought that the problem was only with the icon, but the second sticky never reached :|. (I waited like 10 seconds, it was the time that Tiger took to kill the first ranger :,D
Also I think that is easier to vet the Airborne Soldiers than Rangers, even more than Infiltration Rangers, probably because their mortar barrage ability because it helped a lot when fighting against bunkers agains the expert IA, that has a tendence to create a bunker for each sector controlled XD. Really, having the ability to reinforce in any place and request accurate artillery than creating rangers and beg a 81mm mortar squad to get each bunker (which takes more time and is more expensive in mp terms, Rangers + Mortar Squad + Somewhere nearby to reinforce, a forward barracks or a truck if there isn't any building), this works also if you want to engage the powerful spam of Tigers that the IA gets at 20 minutes when chooses terror since Inf and AB doesn't have tanks or AT guns with enough penetration against heavy tanks like the british firefly or their 17 pdr, available to any doctrine. The 101st is so capable only for 15 more manpower than normal rangers >_<. I don't know if I suck with my abilities or if the Infantry doctrine demands more ability to play or if the Inf. Doc. is underpowered, anyways I think I'm changing to Airborne Doctrine to practice with infantry :,v.

idliketoplaybetter

Ye, definately changed to 2stickieIcon.

Well, i believe AB might also have "lower vetting edge" compare to Ranger's of any kind.For a least, at vCoh it was like that(if i recall it properly).U simply get veterancy faster/which is, on the other hand, was traded for higher price for AB to reinf and being called in.

However, i wish if someone could provide us with some more precised info on this...

Zuasfadas

Post by Zuasfadas »

Were you using the Inf. doctrine? I've noticed that it doesn't even change (and work) with the riflemen squad, maybe I should try reinstalling the mod...
Could it be because I patched to another version of 4.8.x before patching it to 4.9.5 (and then the betas)?

Anyway it works fine if I choose another doctrine but like you said the second sticky just felt like throwing a grenade and didn't damaged the halftrack as the first one. .-.

idliketoplaybetter

Yes, i believe it was Infantry doctrince and even more, i'm not sure(or i didnt even know :D) if doublestickie is available for other doctrines on any veterancy.I dont get much of vetted rangers, or more, much use of stickies at the point, so can't even proof, if its just occasional bug, or doctrinal-caused/permanent problem.

Very doubtly due to patching, but well, who know's...however, i did try beta-and shifted back to 4.9.5 before that too

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Doesn't every veted inf with the stickies ability get the double stickies as vet bonus? I have never ever seen an actual situation of a squad throwing 2 stickies thou.