Storms from decrewed emplacements

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
JimQwilleran

Storms from decrewed emplacements

Post by JimQwilleran »

My last game I noticed that BK doc player can spawn his demolition squad from emplacements with killed crew. They can instantly take it over and demolish. This is a glitch in my opinion, because in such case 1 flame grenade/mortar shell can allow enemy to kill a strong point of allies' defense. That makes emplacements incredibly ineffective. Please can you take a look at it?

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Storms from decrewed emplacements

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

CQB can spawn in buildings without view... It's meant as an equivalent.. not a glitch!
Storms definitely require view on the other hand btw.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

That's clearly a bullshit. Jumping out of decrewed emplacement, are you kidding me? What does it have to do with CQB in ANY way?!
Let's wait for Mark, but I'd bet my pants that this is no way intentional....

Tiger, if you think blitz doc it's too weak or needs some tweaks, start a topic and present your reasons and proposed solutions.....and not this.....trying to fool people that some nasty glitches are intended because CQB can spawn without vision....damn.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

Krieger Blitzer

Storms are obviously intended, just like Gliders and CQB... It's not a glitch, been like this since the very beginning! So, watch out your pants :P

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I agree, jumping out of emplacements is pure BS, there is nothing to do with CQB or sabotage squads.

Krieger Blitzer

wow, such bias dude... And CQB requiring no view to spawn in a building through the fog of war isn't bullshit to you?

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

And bullshit is also that CQB can spawn immediately,but storms spawn waiting time is about 3-4 seconds...then in many cases loses purpose. However, we are with these small dirty tricks learned to play...

Krieger Blitzer

And bullshit is also that CQB can spawn immediately,but storms spawn waiting time is about 3-4 seconds...

+1 True ^^

But I wonder; "is this just so to balance out the 'OP' Axis?" *Conspiracy* :roll: #Devilfish (c) :D His style from the Zookas topic! :lol:

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Tiger1996 wrote:But I wonder; "is this just so to balance out the 'OP' Axis?" *Conspiracy* :roll: #Devilfish (c) :D His style from the Zookas topic! :lol:
Jesus, just calm down....

Wurf, it's because cqb and storms and different type of units and they fill different roles. CQB is a weak hit and run unit, used for surprise attacks and flanking defensive positions (mostly early game). Storms are an elite, end game assault force. They can hop out of the building in a sense of calling reinforcement directly to the front; You are fighting with other units and losing, or need more power to press on, so you call in a Storm squad directly from the house nearby to support your forces.
CQB represents some kind of sabotage, sneaky, behind-enemy-lines squad, with purpose I typed above.

I know it's unrealistic they just suddenly jump out of building, but it just simulates that they actually infiltrated behind enemy lines to do their job. Same as is unrealistic that you just click and firestorm or us callin arty starts falling down. Same as engineers gain munition by heating up vehicle wrecks with blowtorch. Same as countless other things in coh/bk.

Jumping from decrewed emplacement doesn't make any sense, nor does it represent some real stuff. And I'm pretty sure it's not intended.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Devilfish is absolutely right.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Tiger I think you're missing one crusial point:
They can instantly take it over and demolish. This is a glitch in my opinion, because in such case 1 flame grenade/mortar shell can allow enemy to kill a strong point of allies' defense.
I have hard time believeing that this was intended. I think the abilities were made to be able to be used on buildings that have set type "building" and "neutral" which is exactely what empty houses on maps have, and it is what emplacements turn into when they get their crew killed. So I really think this is not intended.

Krieger Blitzer

Devilfish wrote:Jumping from decrewed emplacement doesn't make any sense, nor does it represent some real stuff. And I'm pretty sure it's not intended.

Don't be so sure.

This "feature" (not a "glitch" like u keep claiming) absolutely fulfills the aspect of Blitz doc for thunder war.. not to mention that spawning a Storm into an emplacement isn't always guaranteed... As it delays to spawn. Meanwhile the opponent player has enough time to re-capture his empty emplacement. Also, it's a huge risk spawning a 450MP squad into an emplacement just to capture it and then delete (They don't spawn directly into the emplacement btw, but only from the emplacement) which is also considered huge MP loss. The Demo Storm squad however, is very cheap.. true! But also limited to only 1 at a time... So, just get over it!

@MarKr; it is not a balance issue, Blitz don't have good arty to take out emplacements.. moreover... We can talk to Panzerblitz1 about it if you like, I have played vs Wolf a 1vs1 in the past where i used this feature against him, and he said nothing too :)

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

Y i understand and too right with you but...

Devilfish wrote:Wurf, it's because cqb and storms and different type of units and they fill different roles. CQB is a weak hit and run unit, used for surprise attacks and flanking defensive positions (mostly early game). Storms are an elite, end game assault force.
and therefore we must axis stormtroopers nerfed???

Devilfish wrote: but it just simulates that they actually infiltrated behind enemy lines to do their job.
i thing axis have too marauding teams, who can infiltrate behind enemy lines to buildings and especialy to trenches or emplacements...

Devilfish wrote:Same as engineers gain munition by heating up vehicle wrecks with blowtorch
especially in the later years of the war the Germans had taken ammunition and fuel from the wreck because it was already a scarce commodity, this is according to me a perfectly good. But in this game can not do otherwise than by torching :D

But we are ingame, so it should be same conditions for all sides. ie. same time spawn from buildings, spawn form buildings only when here is not fog of war and spawn only form buildings (not trenches or emplacements).

However, Do it again as you want, we some axis players are able to adjust it :-)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

it is not a balance issue
If you think about it - you use fire shot from mortar to decrew some emplacement. When the fire goes off opponent recrews it and you still cannot get through. So next time you fire the flame shot again, after decrew you spawn you Storms at the emplemcement, capture it and using the Delete key simply destroy it because you know they will get killed in a second and you will lose the emplacement anyway...Even if it were not a balance issue, it is a BS for sure.
I have played vs Wolf a 1vs1 in the past where i used this feature against him, and he said nothing too
So? Just because he doesn't say anything doens't mean he thinks it should stay. Anyway I already wrote him a message, describing the issue. What he says, goes. End of story.

and therefore we must axis stormtroopers nerfed...
Ehm...just because you won't be able to use the ability on emplacements it is a nerf for Storms? :?
i thing axis have too marauding teams, who can infiltrate behind enemy lines to buildings and especialy to trenches or emplacements...
IF we try to grasp it from "realistic point of view" (yeah, almost no realism in this, but let's try it) then CQB infiltrates an empty building somewhere - civilian building, they are hiding there until the time to do their job comes.
But what is the logic behind the emplacement thing? CW sappers dug a hole in the ground build sandbags around, place an AT gun in it and Storms are hiding there among the ammo crates pretending to be shells or something?

Krieger Blitzer

If you think about it - you use fire shot from mortar to decrew some emplacement. When the fire goes off opponent recrews it and you still cannot get through. So next time you fire the flame shot again, after decrew you spawn you Storms at the emplemcement, capture it and using the Delete key simply destroy it because you know they will get killed in a second and you will lose the emplacement anyway...Even if it were not a balance issue, it is a BS for sure.

wow, just wow... NO my friend. It's not bullshit as long as CQB an Gliders are "intended". Gliders are what is truly bullshit... Suddenly appearing in the air, and then dive into MGs and mortar teams while causing them to vanish into thin air, really? is this is some sort of arty??

CQB is bullshit, suddenly appearing in the fog of war.. hitting an arty unit with a Bazooka and then running away... Srsly. This is some kind of cheating...

If you consider Storms to be bullshit, then CQB and Gliders are also bullshit.

So? Just because he doesn't say anything doens't mean he thinks it should stay. Anyway I already wrote him a message, describing the issue. What he says, goes. End of story.

Ok, I am sending him a message now too.. sending Panzerblitz1 as well.

Ehm...just because you won't be able to use the ability on emplacements it is a nerf for Storms? :?

We already nerfed Storms in the past, now they need veterancy in order to crawl... Blitz doc does have absolutely nothing to take out emplacements with.

This would be another blind nerf to Blitz doc, absolutely biased. Unless you also fix CQB and Gliders...

IF we try to grasp it from "realistic point of view" (yeah, almost no realism in this, but let's try it) then CQB infiltrates an empty building somewhere - civilian building, they are hiding there until the time to do their job comes.
But what is the logic behind the emplacement thing? CW sappers dug a hole in the ground build sandbags around, place an AT gun in it and Storms are hiding there among the ammo crates pretending to be shells or something?

And building an emplacement in less than 10 seconds is also bullshit btw...

CQB, Sabotage and Storms as well as Gliders are all bullshit, we all know it. But if you nerf only Stroms, while not touching the rest... Then you are completely biased. Just like that.
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 09 Oct 2016, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

wow, just wow... NO my friend. It's not bullshit as long as CQB an Gliders are "intended". Gliders are what is truly bullshit... Suddenly appearing in the air, and then dive into MGs and mortar teams while causing them to vanish into thin air, really? is this is some sort of arty??
Gliders CAN be shot down by AA while they are in the air....not much time for that but can be. And such thing falls from sky on a deployed MG...yeah, MGs and mortars were sturdy as hell and they would actually stay standing without a scratch while the glider whould smash to pieces while as much as touching it...
If you consider Storms to be bullshit, then CQB and Gliders are also bullshit.
I'm not saying that CQB and gliders are not bullshit, but soldiers jumping out of decrewed emplacements is bullshit but on top of that also ridiculous as hell at the same time.

We already nerfed Storms in the past, now they need veterancy in order to crawl... Blitz doc does have absolutely nothing to take out emplacements with.
Yeah...and when you use the Storms to immediately capture an emplacement and then immediately destroy the emplacement...that XP nerf from previous patches makes sooo much difference in this case.
Nothing to take out emplacements with? Oh I forgot that BK doctrine has no mortars, no smoke options, no Nebelwerfers, no camo for Storms. And even IF they had none of that, you can still do what Allies have to do waaaaaay often - ask your team mate to help you! :roll:

And building an emplacement in less than 10 seconds is also bullshit btw...
O.M.F.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
I just tried to show that IF you have some immagination you can think of situation that explains the working of CQB squad but for explanation of Storms-out-of-emplacement you would need a lot more imaginations to come up with some reasonable thing....and your counter-argument is this? I know what to say to that but why should I? You will answer in a similar way and, as always, we will come to no solution or agreement...

Wurf

Post by Wurf »

MarKr wrote:
and therefore we must axis stormtroopers nerfed...
I thing yes, taking to him any advantage...

Krieger Blitzer

Gliders CAN be shot down by AA while they are in the air....not much time for that but can be. And such thing falls from sky on a deployed MG...yeah, MGs and mortars were sturdy as hell and they would actually stay standing without a scratch while the glider whould smash to pieces while as much as touching it...

And Storms delay to spawn, opponent player has time to re-capture the emplacement meanwhile. Not to mention that "deleting" the emplacement is MP waste...

I'm not saying that CQB and gliders are not bullshit, but soldiers jumping out of decrewed emplacements is bullshit but on top of that also ridiculous as hell at the same time.

All are ridiculous, all are bullshit.
Fix them all, or leave them all...
Don't be biased toward a certain one please.

Yeah...and when you use the Storms to immediately capture an emplacement and then immediately destroy the emplacement...that XP nerf from previous patches makes sooo much difference in this case.
Nothing to take out emplacements with? Oh I forgot that BK doctrine has no mortars, no smoke options, no Nebelwerfers, no camo for Storms. And even IF they had none of that, you can still do what Allies have to do waaaaaay often - ask your team mate to help you! :roll:

Blitz doc lacks arty. Maultiers make zero damage against emplacements... Only burns the crew!

Good luck using naked mortars against Mortar emplacements though.

O.M.F.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
I just tried to show that IF you have some immagination you can think of situation that explains the working of CQB squad but for explanation of Storms-out-of-emplacement you would need a lot more imaginations to come up with some reasonable thing....and your counter-argument is this? I know what to say to that but why should I? You will answer in a similar way and, as always, we will come to no solution or agreement...

Stop with your imaginations. There is no logic that could ever justify CQB spawning in buildings from nowhere. Moreover, there is definitely nothing that could explain why they don't even require view at least.
Also, no logic that would justify the feature of Storms... It's just a game after all.
So, STOP BEING BIASED. IF Storms need fix, then CQB need fix TOO... Enough Bias.

Either fix both, or don't fk up the game.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

So, STOP BEING BIASED. IF Storms need fix, then CQB need fix TOO... Enough Bias.
Just....nevermind....

Krieger Blitzer

I wish this wasn't rude...

But mate, do u really think i am wrong here? it is obviously bias when this feature is disabled only for Storms.. it's not the only bullshit thing in the "game". Take CQB as an example! So, ya.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

This discussion is growing into an ridiculous farce.
What are you even talking about here guys, for fuck's sake? Most things in bk are unrealistic because, guess what, it's a freakin' game. But everything is (or is trying) based on real stuff, logic and makes sense.

Gliders are bullshit? Do you know what a glider is? Is an light plane without an engine. It was pulled by a normal plane and and then released to glide a certain limited distance, without any noise and possibly bypassing radar (not sure about this). So, is glider a bullshit? No.
Is it unrealistic that it appears out of "thin air" of all the sudden as you said? Sure it is. But same is any plane in the game, all AB units parachuting, all immediate arty call-ins and countless other things in bk. Because it's a fuckin' game mate. It doesn't mean though, that it is not suppose to make sense and has some logic....

I didn't even know about this bug. I don't even care, balance wise. But it's so fucking nonsense, logic wise, that it must be fixed (if possible). CQB are justified. You can read my post above, but again, they infiltrated behind enemy lines and hide in urban environment, waiting to sabotage. But storms/emps? What is that? There is an mg emp, 3 men sitting in a snug sandbag paradise with their mg, suddenly incendiary round sets them ablaze, dying in agony, just for storms stepping out of an nearby ammo crate? or mg barrel? Or were they dug underneath? Seriously?

There are so many ways of getting rid of emps, stuh, nade bundle, officer mortar barrage, Marauder,....
Wurf wrote:But we are ingame, so it should be same conditions for all sides. ie. same time spawn from buildings, spawn form buildings only when here is not fog of war and spawn only form buildings (not trenches or emplacements).
Actually not. All factions should have an equal chance to win a game aka balance. But not the be the same. Those two are different units, so they act differently. I don't really know how to better explain it than I have already explained in my previous post (which someone gladly ignore).

Krieger Blitzer

I don't really know how to better explain it than I have already explained in my previous post (which someone gladly ignore).

Your so called explanations are like this:-
>>>Bullshit in Allied = intended. >>>Bullshit in Axis = not intended.
Just fk off...

I say it again, both bullshit... Either fix both or just don't touch anything.
Last edited by Krieger Blitzer on 09 Oct 2016, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

To be honest, it was the first time I saw that glitch ever. I have around 1,600 hours in bk, but that last game was the first time I saw that. So I dont really think it's a common knowledge, I guess that the only person using this bug, and only one opposing the removal, is Tiger.

By the way, saying that maultier can't kill emplacements is a nonsense. Not only it is 100% sure to at least decrew it, but it fires many more rockets than nebelwerfer and has additional flame damage. While your only defense against tiger/panther/panzerIV tanks is one or two AT emplacements, you are dead already. Not to mention Stuh...

Not to mention that blitz has a special squad DEDICATED TO DESTROY ENEMY DEFENSES.

Tiger1996 wrote:Your so called explanations are like this:-
>>>Bullshit in Allied = intended. >>> Bullshit in Axis = not intended.
Just fk off...

Lol you behave like a child now...

Krieger Blitzer

I guess that the only person using this bug, and only one opposing the removal, is Tiger.

Ya, Wurf is uncounted?

If you never knew about this feature, then.. sorry... Your own problem. I have been using it since decades already! Deal with it. Change your tactics...

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Tiger1996 wrote:Ya, Wurf is uncounted?

If you never knew about this bug, then.. sorry... Your own problem. I have been using it since decades already! Deal with it. Change your tactics...

To be honest I never saw wurf playing as blitz xD.
Jeez why don't say that to yourself everytime you cry about something? Why dont u change ur tactics about 3rd bazooka, Jackson, strafing run and 1000 other things which you would never shut up about like SP removal? You are such a hypocrite :roll:
(If you know what that word means..)
Last edited by JimQwilleran on 09 Oct 2016, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.