Random skins missing?

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Jagdpanther

Random skins missing?

Post by Jagdpanther »

I built like 5 JPs and all of them were the red skin model. Why are these skins missing?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blitzkrieg/im ... s#imagebox

Same for the Jagdpanzer IV/L70. Only 1 skin. Where is this one?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blitzkrieg/im ... 0#imagebox

Yafa

Re: Random skins missing?

Post by Yafa »

good question
but what you mean with " i built " ?
are these your skins ?

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

I mean i built the tanks in the ingame factory, not that i created (built) the skins myself. They are on the official moddb page, i have no access to that, these were added by Xalibur but now they're missing for some reason.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

What do you mean "red skin"? The texture was missing completely? :?

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Some Random skins has been deactivate by Xalibur himself a very long time ago because it was creating bugs.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

I dont see how skins can create bugs. I really wish to see new skins in the next patch but the HQ ones like the 2 JPs i linked to, not LQ like Stug III,Pz IV Ausf J or Jagdpanzer IV/L70

Yafa

Post by Yafa »

i think no point to make new skins when there is historical add-on concerned with this task in particular

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

Well i personally dont like/ need new icons or units, just a few new skins for units that only have one like the JP and existing LQ ones like stug iii, Pz IV ausf J and jagdpanzer L70 replaced.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Jagdpanther wrote:I dont see how skins can create bugs. I really wish to see new skins in the next patch but the HQ ones like the 2 JPs i linked to, not LQ like Stug III,Pz IV Ausf J or Jagdpanzer IV/L70

Well, in order to have random skins on units, you need to use what we call "skin swapper" skin swapper can create problems in some cases.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Hmm, but there are 3 available random skins of Hetzer now, I don`t see any bugs with Hetzers really...

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

XAHTEP39 wrote:Hmm, but there are 3 available random skins of Hetzer now, I don`t see any bugs with Hetzers really...

this

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Guys, do you really think that Xali would put his time into implementing the random textures and then put more of his time into removing them, if they were working fine? Surely not. He never kept any log of changes with notes of why those changes were made so we cannot know for sure. What I know for sure is that he would not remove it without a reason.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Jagdpanther wrote:
XAHTEP39 wrote:Hmm, but there are 3 available random skins of Hetzer now, I don`t see any bugs with Hetzers really...

this

guys come on... models are different from each others, don't be silly, it has been removed because with those units it was bugging as hell... i remember very well that using the skin swapper on the Jadpanther model, we had gun missing texture.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:guys come on... models are different from each others, don't be silly, it has been removed because with those units it was bugging as hell... i remember very well that using the skin swapper on the Jadpanther model, we had gun missing texture.

If random-camo is bugged, then ok, we will play with static camo. ;)