CW AT Boys squad ?

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
Lionelus

CW AT Boys squad ?

Post by Lionelus »

Hello

I'm writing to report a bug i've noticed several time since I've started playing BK mod again. Not sure this is bug. It could be intended, just let me know.

I find that finishing WH Puma and PE halftrack off is quite difficult with .55 cal AT Boys squad.

When very low on life, Axis light vehicules seem to get kind of a magic protection against .55 cal bullets.

Projectiles do penetrate. But deal 0 damage. It takes 2 successful shots to damage 98% of WH Puma life. The remaining 2% are bloody difficult to get.

All in all, destroying a WH Puma or a PE Haltrack can take 5 to 8 shots.

Needless to say this is very frustrating while in competitive game, as it happens quite a lot

JimQwilleran

Re: CW AT Boys squad ?

Post by JimQwilleran »

I also confirm this.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I think it's just normal.

Lionelus

Post by Lionelus »

Care to be a little specific ? I'm willing to understand the logic behind, if this happens not to be a bug

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

It's how the crits for AT rifles work. "Death" is actually a type of critical once the vehicles hits a certain "zone of health". So, when the vehicle reaches red hp (near zero), normally there is a critical for "death". But in the case of AT BOYS (unless I'm looking at the wrong attribute), there is a 25% chance of it killing, 25% chance of it doing nothing, 25% chance of it damaging the engine, 25% chance of destorying the weapon.
Neat thing about coh2, which I don't know if it works on coh1, is you can set criticals for both the receiving and attacking ends.

So TLDR, if the puma is at 1 hp, AT BOYS only has a 25% chance of killing the puma. As well as other vehicles classified the same as pumas.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Criticals already done are ignored, so the chance is usually higher iirc.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Edited to make it sound less like I think it should be one way or another, just saying what it is:
True, so this means that if all crits applied then there is a 50% of it being destroyed max. No crit is still equally weighted with kill crit.

Question: The tables seem to work differently in COH1 than COH2, is it possible to make more damage brackets and adjust precisely what the bracket is?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Really wanna reopen this topic....
So you want to tell me, that even if i shave off all HP of a mortar HT and deal no crit I have:
1. 25% to kill it.
2. 33% to kill it if i dealt one crit.
3. 50% chance to kill it if dealt two crits.
This is completely insane nonsense, and now tell me it is known and intentional so I can facepalm myself hard.

Well microed PE mortar HT is the biggest pain in british arses in early/mid game and I can't even legitimatelly kill it with boyz?....Please note this down for the next patch with big red letters. Thx
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Um yeah you're basically correct if the numbers were true. Concept you're right, numbers I dunno. The problem is how Coh works. It's not a traditional hp base game where 0hp means dead. It just changes the possibility bracket

I wonder if it's possible in coh1 to make new crit table brackets. Then you can essentially make it an hp based game by saying if the hp is 0-1 points, then the only crit is kill.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

So it works the same with everything? With at guns, tank cannons, rocket launchers and stickies/whatever? That is madness! I mean from time to time you get some crit instead of kill with other weapons but with AT boyz it's almost always, i swear. So you say Kwok, this is unfixable. limited by engine?

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

um.... so i'm not sure. i'm more knowledgeable in coh2 and in coh2 you can change it. BUT, coh2 just WORKS differently all together.
meanwhile, coh1 critical brackets are just green, yellow, red as far as i can tell? i wouldn't call it an "engine" thing. bk adds more range brackets, so maybe they can add more health brackets.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Well I don't really want to go into details to be honest.
Instead I would like to hear some word from Mark, if it is intended or not, if yes why (just why really...) and if not, if it is already in to-do list, that's all.

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Bumping this topic. I would really like to hear that this at boys bug is gonna get fixed. Thx!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I have made some change, that will hopefully fix this. I will need people to focus on it in beta version and provide feedback on this.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Yay, we love betas! Especially when testing highly experimental features like this one :D.

Lionelus

Post by Lionelus »

Hello everybody

I'm reopening this topic.
Changelog 4.9.6 says :"BOYS should no longer have trouble finishing off Halftracks with "1mm HP left"

I've just experienced the contrary vs WH mortar halftrack again. Something is still wrong here unfortunatly

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

In my few games I didn't have that problem. They actually killed 1% hp vehicles fine.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

This is first report of problem with HTs...so the HT had 1HP left, got hit again and still lived?

Shadow reported that BOYS still sometimes cannot kill 1HP Schwimms - I forgot those, so I will revise it all. Thanks for report any other problems with BOYS?

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

I saw more than once 2 squads of Boys from cover and safe distance (helped with great accuracy given I think from ambush) wiping out (or at least make retreat for huge casualties) volks or pioniers (not in cover) with the third member with rifle, anyway I think they should not do that, but only hunting Ht's xD