Brit 6-pounder AT gun voiceover

Do you have a bug to report? Do this right here.
PiotrW

Brit 6-pounder AT gun voiceover

Post by PiotrW »

Every time 6-pounder is built or "clicked on" its crew says "17-pounder is ready".

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Brit 6-pounder AT gun voiceover

Post by MarKr »

That is because it uses the voice files of 17pounder (obviously :D ). In the vCoH brits have no 6pounder, only US their 57mm. So it is either 6pounder using 17pounder voice files or none (being silent). Giving it the US 57mm voice would be weird as in the game there is distinct US and CW accent and it would sound weird to have british unit with US accent. We are aware that there are units with this kind of a problem but it is not game-breaking and in general I'd say it is better than silent units.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Ou, MarKr! Glad to see you in topic about unit`s speech!
Can you to comment bug-topic about current "silent" units? >> http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=984 << This may to solve :idea:
I am soliarity with your phrase
...it is better than silent units.
. Moreover, current "silent" units can to use logic speech of similar units.

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

MarKr wrote:That is because it uses the voice files of 17pounder (obviously :D ). In the vCoH brits have no 6pounder, only US their 57mm. So it is either 6pounder using 17pounder voice files or none (being silent). Giving it the US 57mm voice would be weird as in the game there is distinct US and CW accent and it would sound weird to have british unit with US accent. We are aware that there are units with this kind of a problem but it is not game-breaking and in general I'd say it is better than silent units.

Ranger's cpt. has British accent :D.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Can you to comment bug-topic about current "silent" units?
Yeah, I read that but here still applies that it is not a gamebreaking thing so the priority of these things is not the highest. That being said - I'm not saying it won't be fixed but rather that when there are more pressing things to work on (and there most always are such), we work on those.

Moreover, current "silent" units can to use logic speech of similar units.
Ehm...what would be the "logic speech" for 6pounder then? Given the accent thing I think that the 17pounder actually is "logic choice" here :D.

Ranger's cpt. has British accent :D.
Yeah...historical accuracy is at work here - Americans had no competent captains so they always borrowed them from Brits :D :D :D

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

MarKr wrote:
Moreover, current "silent" units can to use logic speech of similar units.
Ehm...what would be the "logic speech" for 6pounder then? Given the accent thing I think that the 17pounder actually is "logic choice" here :D.

MarKr, I don`t say about brtitsh 6-pounder with voice of 17-pounder - it is good decision.
I mean that some "silent" units has usually logic speech in current BK-speechs. I discover some variants (IMHO) in link of third post...